2014/15 Premier League and General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Pagey279
  • 1,959 comments
Games this weekend, its the penultimate round of league games, the final day of the season is next Sunday...

Saturday

Burnley v Stoke
Liverpool v Crystal Palace (5.30 Sky)
QPR v Newcastle
Southampton v Aston Villa (12.45 BT)
Sunderland v Leicester
Tottenham v Hull
West Ham v Everton

Sunday

Man United v Arsenal (4.00 Sky)
Swansea v Man City (1.30 Sky)

Monday Night

West Brom v Chelsea (8.00 Sky)

Some breaking news, Hull midfielder Jake Livermore has been suspended for the rest of the season after testing positive for Cocaine....

CFD5HlaWYAAWnUD.png

Sadio Mané just scored a hat-trick in 2 min 56 sec vs Villa. That's a new PL record.

Shane Long makes it 4-0 on 26 min and Villa supporters are leaving already :lol:

Edit: Long makes it 5-0 with a 40 yard screamer!

Last edited:
Watched the A-League final (seriously, what sort of name is "Melbourne Victory"? It's the most presumptuous name ever) earlier tonight. Still blown away by how the pinnacle of our game is at about the same level as the second- or third-division in England.

I don't think it's that bad considering the A-League only started in 2005 and national soccer in Australia only began in the 1970s.

Guys do you think is going to win the Manchester v Arsenal football match?
Dunno, but if they're pitting two teams against one you'd hope that there'd be strength in numbers.

What Hull City need is Manchester City to thump Swansea and Manchester United to draw with Arsenal - then Arsenal to beat Sunderland comfortably on Wednesday. Anything else leaves Arsenal something to play for next weekend and they really need the favour.

City 1-0 up v Swansea :indiff:

A lot of crap from United fans on Twitter about Gerrard in the last 24 hours, but I wont be joining them as I think he is one of the best midfielders to play in the Premier League and deserves more respect, Liverpool are making a big mistake letting him go, I think he can play there for another two years....

....now its 0-2 to City....

City may be winning but Swansea had more possession.....

Speaking as a Manchester utd fan with £10 at 80/1 on Newcastle to go down really leaves me conflicted for next weekends football.

ITS 2-2!!!! GOMIS!!!:D:D:D

2-4 it finished, oh well, at least we fought and played well, some spectacular saves from Hart!

On to the United-Arsenal game then and apparently De Gea went to all four corners to say goodbye to the United fans in the warm up, this could be his last home game....

Last edited:
What's happening in this game is pretty symbolic for AW and what to expect for Arsenal's future, thing is that it's just nothing new.

rofl

SingleUntriedBudgie.gif

Last edited:
1-1 it finished....Arsenal came back in the second half and scored through a Tyler Blackett own goal, a point against Sunderland on Wednesday will guarantee them third place....

Come on Cules!

Edit: YESSS MESSI

Have your little Pichichi Ronaldo. We have the title :)

Last edited:
West Brom v Chelsea tonight, its a game that means nothing...

Congrats to Barcelona on winning the La Liga once again, just two games away from the treble now!

World Class performance from Chelsea today... Really Premier League champions worthy. :sly:

On a serious note, really good game by West Brom, they did everything right, had a bit of luck and got a fantastic result. 👍

Terry should have had a red card when he made the penalty.

But the highlight gotta be Fabregas' fantastic red card... What on earth was he thinking? Nothing at all? Pathetic.

Idiotic move by Fabregas....

Apparently Raheem Sterling has told Liverpool he wont sign a new deal and wants to leave in the summer,,,

Sorry to double post but it was the Man United end of season awards tonight and Louis Van Gaal was on form....and a little drunk! he gave a brilliant speech where at the start he told everyone to be quiet and listen to the boss and he then slapped Ryan Giggs in the back of his head after he be him to a bid in the Unicef Charity Auction! :lol::lol::lol:

De Gea predictably won player of the year and Mata won goal of the year for his incredible strike against Liverpool...

he then slapped Ryan Giggs in the back of his head after he be him to a bid in the Unicef Charity Auction! :lol::lol::lol:

I burst out laughing when that happened. Apparently it was for a game of golf with Dwight Yorke.

Cesc Fabregas ban is reduced from three games to one after an appeal, which means he'll be available for the start of next season, sounds about right I think...

Arsenal v Sunderland tonight, Its Arsenal's game in hand from their cup run and they can secure third place with a win and Sunderland can guarantee safety with a point....

Last edited:
This is getting a bit out of hand now, Liverpool should just let him go if he wants, no player should be bigger than any club we all know that, he has been linked with City and I can see him doing well there, I don't want him at United as I think we have better attacking midfielders than him, he has also been linked with a move to Bayern Munich and whilst a move abroad would be beneficial for him I cant see him getting much playing time there...

Wait, did he call him a doorknob or a cockerel? Either way, Sterling has two years left on his contract so if they want to, Liverpool can force him to stay. But yeah, who said football agents had a bad name?

I don't think Sterling is that great, either.

He's nothing special, yet Liverpool can cash in big time. Both City and Bayern need young players ASAP, so will pay big money. Win-win, though I can't see him becoming World-Class.

Back