2014-2015 FA Cup

• Thread starter Famine
  • 175 comments
Haha. :D

Anyways, think Blackburn will be game, if we underestimate them then we'll fall flat on our faces.

Even though we've had abit of luck this year with the draw, our games haven't been straight forward.

If you got Sturridge and Sterling fit, you have a very good chance. If you resort to Balotelli we'll make sure he walks down the tunnel. :P

Oh and 1-0 PNE :lol:

If you got Sturridge and Sterling fit, you have a very good chance. If you resort to Balotelli we'll make sure he walks down the tunnel. :P

Oh and 1-0 PNE :lol:

That Josh King for you looks very lively, definitely one for our defenders to keep an eye on. 👍

That Josh King for you looks very lively, definitely one for our defenders to keep an eye on. 👍

First appearance in a long time as well. Knowing Bowyers selection he'll be rewarded, along with Gestede, with the bench for the next few Championship games :lol:

Oh terrific...

Sixth Round Draw
Aston Villa - West Bromwich Albion
Bradford City - Reading
Liverpool - Blackburn Rovers
Manchester United - Arsenal

So now I'm paranoid that Wednesday will end up as the worst team in the competition after highlighting its existence in the last round...

Can't say I was impressed by United's performance tonight but now we have a juicy tie against Arsenal. Can't help noticing that there will be a minimum of 1 non top flight club in the semi final draw as well.

Was rather hoping we'd be able to take out Arsenal at Wembley instead. But anything will do. Preferably beating Liverpool would be nice too.

Performance was slightly better than last, but there are still some big black marks. Valencia at least made one successful cross tonight but McNair needs more games at RB. People are singing di Maria's praises but I'm not quite so sure. It's all well and good seeing those mazy runs but he needs something to happen at the end of them. And of course, Falcao. This is the point where everyone's rose-tinted specs come off and realise he is not a starter. Stick to RVP and Rooney, the latter of whom was far better off today back where he belongs. Though if Fellaini becomes striker...well, I might not question it, he said he doesn't mind it there, and hey, the way we're playing he might do a job there. He was the big positive of the night.

I was at work for most of the game and have now seen it in its entirety, a Jekyll and Hyde performance that has been our trademark this season, uncharacteristic mistake by De Gea, much better by Rooney and Fellaini was fantastic as were Preston and the atmosphere was superb, was a bit of a rollercoaster but we got there in the end..

After our shenanigans against the lower league teams you wouldn't believe how relieved I am that we play Arsenal at home I the sixth round!

Sixth round/Quarter final on this weekend, Bradford v Reading and Aston Villa v West Brom tomorrow, Liverpool v Blackburn Sunday with Man United v Arsenal on Monday night, two games on BBC One and two on BT Sport and BT Sport is completely free this weekend...

Bradford and Reading goes to a replay after a 0-0 and Villa beat WBA 2-0 in which three pitch invasions stole the headlines, Liverpool and Blackburn kick-off in an hour..

The more replays there are, the bigger slice Wrexham get from FA cup revenues. For some reason any non-league club that reaches the first round proper gets a % of revenues from replays from the third round onwards. We reached the third round as it is.

Draw all the games!

Tonight's game is massive and it could have implications for the league too and however wins might have an advantage mentally going in the run in, I'm not predicting anything for tonight as I'm not sure whether or not we can go through...

Team news

United...De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Herrera, Blind, Di Maria, Fellaini, Young, Rooney

Arsenal....Szcezny, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Cazorla, Coquelin, Ox-Chamberlain, Ozil, Sanchez, Welbeck

Last edited:
YEEESSSSSSSSS, Massive win that, we weren't at our best but good enough, Kudos to De Gea proving he is fantastic yet again.

Credit to the ref as well, was very soft with Felliani in the first half but did well not to buy the cheating (dives).

Great draw too, looks like a Liverpool vs Arsenal finals if no surprises happen.

First half we are good just didn't turn up for the second, those two subs at half time seemed to suck the life out of us, sublime cross by Di Maria was undone by his stupidity in the second half and just generally not good enough once again this season...massive battle for fourth now...:indiff:

Arsenal were quite lucky with the referee, Bellerin should have been sent off. Clever management by Arsene to substitute him off. I don't know why Di Maria got a yellow with a player putting him off balance outside the box, while Welbeck he never gave as penalty which is in the box so that should have been a yellow if he didn't think it was a foul and essentially going down to win a penalty. Lack of consistency in decisions is always disappointing to see.

This ref will officiate the FA Trophy final between Wrexham and North Ferriby United on 29th March. Having watched his rather good performance tonight, I tweeted the Wrexham forwards telling them to remember to stay on their feet! They said they would but we'll see.

As for tonight's game? Arsenal were better. United were in disarray. Praying for an Aston Villa vs Bradford City final.

Arsenal were quite lucky with the referee, Bellerin should have been sent off. Clever management by Arsene to substitute him off. I don't know why Di Maria got a yellow with a player putting him off balance outside the box, while Welbeck he never gave as penalty which is in the box so that should have been a yellow if he didn't think it was a foul and essentially going down to win a penalty. Lack of consistency in decisions is always disappointing to see.

Felliani commited 6 of those Bellerin fouls before getting his yellow card so no Bellerin should not have been sent off,
Di maria got a touch on his hand :lol:, Welbeck's was a foul (ref got it wrong) outside the box even if he fell inside.

Ref had a great game in my opinion. Maybe United's players can just not dive.

YEEESSSSSSSSS, Massive win that
And more importantly it drops Sheffield Wednesday off the "worst team in the competition" hook!

Now we're down to just:
Coventry City
Ipswich Town
Leyton Orient
Nottingham Forest
Queens Park Rangers
Wolverhampton Wanderers

@Famine I still don't fully understand the mathematics behind it (and no need to try, maths is a major blind spot) but that was a brilliant little statistic and I look forward to the end result.

Latest Posts

Back