2014 Bathurst 12hr - Links & Info | General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 566 comments
Thats why Im an erebus/Betty fan for life. What owner hugs the other team and gives them a pole position trophy? Great start to the year. I do hope Lowndes wins theV8 Championship and does this good at Le Mans!

Tell you what, that car hung in after having it's aero package shaved off. That was a hell of a job.
Really all the drivers on the podium teams were awesome. And the McLaren driver was insane.

Yeah, you should youtube Shane Van Gisbergen V8 Supercars at Hamilton, his home country race and debut win. Hes more insane in the rain. Last year's 12H, he was passing cars at the top of The Mountain in a river of water and no vision!

Wow, what a finish! Congrats to Maranello, despite 2 penalties they still took the win. Can't wait to see this race even bigger and better next year, one of the hidden gems of the sportscar world. (But hopefully not hidden for long)

Thank God I tuned in to the channel in the last 17 minutes of the race. Wasn't disapppointed with the close racing in the last few laps, and that finish! :eek:👍

Definitely will be watching next year's race, if I don't have anything to work on... :indiff:

A well deserved win for the 458. 👍

BTW, I heard Allan Simonsen's name being mentioned during those last few minutes, but I was too fixated with the racing to have actually heard what the commentator was saying. Can anybody tell me what Allan Simonsen has to do with the winning 458?

Thank God I tuned in to the channel in the last 17 minutes of the race. Wasn't disapppointed with the close racing in the last few laps, and that finish! :eek:👍

Definitely will be watching next year's race, if I don't have anything to work on... :indiff:

A well deserved win for the 458. 👍

BTW, I heard Allan Simonsen's name being mentioned during those last few minutes, but I was too fixated with the racing to have actually heard what the commentator was saying. Can anybody tell me what Allan Simonsen has to do with the winning 458?

Maranello Motorsport was the team that he drove for the last few years in this race so that's essentially the car he drove.

New shots of the GTR from today

12398505874_c690f59f8c_b.jpg

12398195353_c063407595_b.jpg

That's a real shame about the GT-R, it was out of the race even before I had woken up! I bet Nissan wish they at least brought a second car over for the race now. Maybe next year?

Yeah, you should youtube Shane Van Gisbergen V8 Supercars at Hamilton, his home country race and debut win. Hes more insane in the rain. Last year's 12H, he was passing cars at the top of The Mountain in a river of water and no vision!
He's also damn fast on iRacing as well!!

Gutted that Bernd Schneider's endurance race winning streak he started last year has ended :(

I really liked the mixture of cars. Like the Bathurst of old. Great to see a little Fiat Abarth in with the supercars.

Also notable with the top cars battling that there were sizable differences in where they were stronger. Re: what part of the track they were on, faster through the corners or more power down the straights.

Gutted that Bernd Schneider's endurance race winning streak he started last year has ended :(
It ended in Dubai a few weeks ago.

Nevertheless it had to end sometime, and the fact that he cleaned house in 2013 will not change. It was an impressive run.

Oh :( I never watched Dubai this year.

I was driving home today, so I didn't see much of the race. I got home and flicked on the TV about 5 minutes after it finished, looks like I missed an epic one.
Lucky there's YouTube!

Did anybody watch the improved production race that was on yesterday? Leigh Forrest won it in his yellow Celica with a 3SGTE, it was an absolute weapon and he was driving the tits off it, three wheeling it through the cutting. Boss looking little thing with mad negative camber and it was kicking v8 ass!

Thanks for bringing that up, what kind of a name is 'Improved Production'?

Back