2014 Bathurst 12hr - Links & Info | General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 566 comments
Sad to see the Nissan GT-R go out like that. Coincidentally, the Bathurst race debut of the R32 GT-R in 1990 also resulted in DNF. It came back and won in '91 and '92. Let’s hope they come back next year with same result... Meanwhile, PD should add KANGAROOS to Mt.Panorama in their next DLC!

Last edited:
unfortunate they were not able to finish, " you can't win without finishing" you never know whats going to happen. when can they bring the real world driving into the virtual world, have we not proven that its safer online to race? would save them a ton of cash as well lol

There have been some huge Roo hits at Bathurst in the past.

One time they showed the replay of the Roo hit immediately, without having checked to see how PG the footage was. It was a pretty bad image of the roo getting slammed by the car and the body flying through the air all flippity floppity. The commentators did a quick apology.

The problem is you'd need to build 15 foot high fences around the whole track to stop those things getting in.

I just got finished watching Walking Dead, can you tell??

I believe there are tunnels under the circuit at certain points for the wildlife, but some just want to be extreme.

Type in V8 Supercars Kangaroo into Youtube, you'll get at least 5 different events where it has happened. It's not exactly rare (unfortunatly).

I was there over the weekend, fantastic event! Great to see it getting bigger too and i hope it continues to do so!

I also happened to find Gran Turismo Drive, it's in the infield camping site.

Type in V8 Supercars Kangaroo into Youtube, you'll get at least 5 different events where it has happened. It's not exactly rare (unfortunatly).

That's why the locals have roo bars

gallery-large-58-wb_ute.jpg

It was a cool race.
Accidents happen. The last lap was great, the first place had some changes. In the first 6 hours of the race, the 3rd and 4th were battling for 1st. And that MP4 GT3 was looking great, it should be added to GT6. Good track indeed.

It's a bit of a bummer that this race never got any attention from Autosport on the weekend or this week. It certainly deserves the recognition from such a big motorsport publication.

That 2013 race was as brilliant as 2014. Not seen the 2012 or 2011 yet, but have no excuse no, cheers for the vids.

One time they showed the replay of the Roo hit immediately, without having checked to see how PG the footage was. It was a pretty bad image of the roo getting slammed by the car and the body flying through the air all flippity floppity. The commentators did a quick apology.

I should hope so. That really hurt.

2013 Nurburg 24H (HD) Prep for VLN - March 29th, 2014

2013 Nurburg 24H (HD) Prep for VLN - March 29th, 2014

Seven to broadcast 2015 Bathurst 12 hour in full.
Network Seven will broadcast the Bathurst 12 Hour live in its entirety next year under a new deal announced today.

The coverage will be split between 7mate and the main Seven channel, with “at least the final three hours” to be broadcast on the latter.

The race’s start time will be brought forward from 0600 to 0555 in order for the the finish to occur before Seven’s evening news bulletin.
The English Radio Le Mans commentary team is also expected to return, with Seven likely to use a combination of the internationals and local talent for its broadcast.

Great news, though in typical channel Seven fashion I fully expect the coverage will be full of commercials breaks.

Last edited:
Good thing they have a live stream :)

Yeah, good point but we'll still probably have to put with someone like Mark Beretta either in the commentary box with the Radio Le Mans guys or in the pit lane. So you know, pro's and cons. Just glad that the event is finally getting some recognition. 👍

Bentley considers 2015 Bathurst 12 hour.
Bentley is the latest brand to emerge as a potential challenger for top honours in the 2015 Bathurst 12-Hour.

The upscale British company has returned to racing this year with an all-new GT3 racer based on its Continental coupe.
Now, as the brand announces a limited edition GT3-R road car that leverages its motorsport comeback, Bentley executive Robin Peel reveals there is considerable interest in next year’s Bathurst 12-hour.

While it may not be a factory effort, Peel has confirmed privateers have raised the prospect of a trip to Mount Panorama.

“Will there be any privateers who are buying into the GT3 program? Quite likely,” Peel told Speedcafe.com from his base at Crewe in the UK.

“There are people interested. There are privateers who have expressed an interest in going to Bathurst. It’s their choice.”

Yeah, good point but we'll still probably have to put with someone like Mark Beretta either in the commentary box with the Radio Le Mans guys or in the pit lane. So you know, pro's and cons. Just glad that the event is finally getting some recognition. 👍

Bentley considers 2015 Bathurst 12 hour.
I don't have a problem with Mark Beretta at all. He'd be better than a number of people. Rihanna Crehan for example :yuck:

Back