2014 Dunlop 24H Dubai - January 9,10,11 2014

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 171 comments
Any diesels participating in the 24 hours?

Well there was a D1 category with 5 cars, but more significantly the A3T class was won by the BMW 320D driven by my second favorite team in the race, the Racing Divas, who are five lovely Dutch babes. Well OK at least two of them are total babes. :drool: Now there's a team I'd like to work for, maybe as their massage therapist! :dopey:

Wealthy amateurs.

A race with minimum laptimes is like saying Usain Bolt runs to quick and making him start the race lying on his back.
Check the entry list. You'll find several world champions in all forms of motorsport, and multiple other professional drivers including several driving the #126 car for Nissan. Hardly filled with amateurs anymore. Next year Nissan is bringing an all out assault for overall victory with GT3 spec GT-R's. Honestly, I can't wait for next year.

Wealthy amateurs.

A race with minimum laptimes is like saying Usain Bolt runs to quick and making him start the race lying on his back.

minimum lap times only apply to pro-am classes. fully pro cars go as fast as they want.

I'll never understand why people deride the "wealthy amateur" motorsport. Like somehow making it a profit business is better? Racing is Racing... maybe u jelly bro?

Is the Dubai 24 hours still a 24 hour drive around a carpark with speedcameras or is it an actual race now?
Wealthy amateurs.

Nice troll posts. 👍 Did you even think of looking it up yourself before posting? Clearly not.

The Pro teams can run any time they like, no restriction. The Am teams run to a par time of 2.05.

Nice troll posts. 👍 Did you even think of looking it up yourself before posting? Clearly not.

The Pro teams can run any time they like, no restriction. The Am teams run to a par time of 2.05.

The rules aren't posted on the official website but I thought if they went too quickly in qualifying their cars were destroyed with ballast (like Allan Simonsen's Ferrari at Bathurst last year).

Back