2014 Dunlop 24H Dubai - January 9,10,11 2014

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 171 comments
Florian just took over the #123. 268 laps in the books, still SP2 leader.
#12 Viper in position 2 +25 Laps
#140 Renault in p3 + 31 Laps
#126 Z in P4 + 34 Laps

I'm an optimist so I'd say he was in a good position :sly:. Besides, those girls were probably flattered haha.

I think Nick [McMillen] just talked to RLM. If that was him to me it sounds like he's the strongest out of all the GT Academy graduates media wise.
Nah, think that was another young driver from the US with another team. Higher up class I think.

Because I was listening to it? They had already talked to Nick earlier in a TV interview. I think the guy they were talking to was Dane Cameron, #76 BMW Z4 GT3.

Sounds like Nick at 10 hours 56 minutes though. Doesn't help that one of the other reporters is named Nick as well. Meh. Good to hear both cars are back in podium positions.

So I'm away from the stream right now but, looking at the live timing the 123 car is +47 laps ahead of P2?

Yeah, I was away for 3 hours, just checked the timing and after a pit stop Miguel just handed 123 back to Lucas and they're 40 laps up on the Renault. With the 126 down to 5th. :/

On a related GT-Academy note... now I need to scrub the video to find out wtf Happened to the #88 Ferrari that had been leading the A6-Am class. Rob Barff is in the Pro half of that car. And they've been in the pits for 2 1/2 hours so now the students are beating the master.

Barff's Ferarri crashed hard a while back, doesn't look good for Barffy.

ouch, yeah... found it... Norris-Jones pushed too hard on his out lap and put it in the turn1 wall. Badly bent right rear.

upload_2014-1-10_22-38-0.png

123 car just went to the garage, not sure why yet. They have a 46 lap lead, so hopefully it's not too bad and they can get it out within the next hour or so.

Edit: Seems the water leak returned. Should be an easy fix, not much time lost.

Edit 2: 126 car is back on the podium at the moment. :)

Last edited:
Florian is heading back out in the #123 after a 26 minute pit stop, still 35 laps ahead of that Mosler. :cool:

Word.

Things are looking good for a double podium, #126 is pulling away from the M1 that's back in the pits again.

And Karun Chandhok is driving, amazing stuff.

Last edited:
I was watching it but the "commentary" was dull. Then, the feed is good, it is a bit blurry for me. It's free. Thats the best part.

I was watching it too, I was too busy understanding the Live timing, but it's kinda late, I haven't slept well in the last day and tomorrow's gonna be a heavy day

Have a good night, and I want to read "GT Academy champions double podium finish at Dubai" :cheers:

wow wtf... I take a nap and the Mosler is back in contention? :lol:

The viper and renault look like they've been both parked for almost 3 hours. So the reliability demons bit those two teams again. Good on the 126 for keeping at it. Maybe they can get back into P2 before the checker. 👍

123 still up by 35 laps! only 2 more stints left after Florian gets done. Looks like Nick may be done then, I expect Lucas will take the flag so figure one more Miguel stint in about a 1/2 hour.

hmm... Florian just came in for fuel and is out again for a double stint in the 123.
Are they worried about the Mosler catching them?

It is cheater fast (~8s a lap quicker than the Z), but still 33 laps down. Doesn't matter how many 2:08's it does the steady 2:17 pace the Academy guys have been keeping to (though Lucas does 2:12's like a robot) will carry the day so long as they continue to stay out of trouble.

I don't see why they would be worried. As just mentioned in the broadcast they're just taking it easy, I think as long as they don't get run into, it's a done deal.

I don't see why they would be worried. As just mentioned in the broadcast they're just taking it easy, I think as long as they don't get run into, it's a done deal.

Yeah, heard that... really odd that they're having Florian double stint then. Suppose if he's comfortable why rock the boat. Maybe everyone else is beat? They'll most certainly be putting Lucas in it for the finish.

Back