2014 FIFA World Cup Qualification

• Thread starter Famine
  • 568 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
sumbrownkid
I like looking down on Mexico in the standings.:cool:

I wouldn't get too accustomed to it. I don't see Mexico losing tonight. And we all know that we're champs at choking :lol:.

marxlien
how are the qualifiers on concacaf?
how many groups are?, teams?...

A single group of 6 teams in a 10 game round. Top 3 go to Brazil, and fourth place plays a one game playoff with the Oceania champion (New Zealand) for a spot in the Finals.

Currently, Costa Rica, USA and Mexico are all tied at the top of the table with 7 points and Panama has 6 (with 5 games played).

Costa Rica-Mexico kicks off in 10 minutes, and USA-Panama kicks off right after.

The atmosphere in Seattle will be electric.

ok, thanks but how did that 6 teams get there? because in central.and north america are more than 6 countries.
I miss trinidad y tobago haha.

btw here.in south america the qualifiers are on fire, really tight for the 3,4,5th positions and with really important matches to come for all teams.

This is probably the fourth round of CONCACAF qualifying. I think the last round was two groups of 6 and top 3 from each moved on.

It was just stages with nations getting whittled off as time went on.

Like the third round of qualifying was just starting last summer.

And the Mexican fans are throwing objects on the field at Bryan Ruiz. Classy, very classy. I like to think more of the Mexicans than that, the match was great to watch until this crap, especially from El Tri.

Makjng it even worse, the Mexicans just wasted 3 minutes while it got fixed.

Still 0-0 in Mexico City at the end of the 90', 7 added minutes given because of the bottle throwing stoppage. Flipping over to our game now. Assuming the Mexico result holds, the US needs this game to get two points ahead. Eddie Johnson and Geoff Cameron are changes for the suspended Graham Zusi and injured Jermaine Jones.

Last edited:
That was clearly a penalty

Props to Costa Rica for showing a great sportsmanship by wasting time 👍

Did I miss something at the end?

About time to kick off, US!!!

Didn't see it.

I like how we're playing, but Panama look dangerous on counters and we can't quite break through.

Chile won, we are 4th( same ponts than the 3th, ecuador, but with less Goal Difference) but we are 5 points ahead of Venezuela and Uruguay, nice!

Well if Mexico got denied a PK, so did we. Horrendous.

ALTIDORE!!! From my man Fabian Johnson! Woooo!

Good half. I like the play, we've seen a good amount of the ball and had three golden chances. However, Panama are lively and I won't feel comfortable with our position until the game is over.

Last edited:
Johnson! So happy for him, perfect perfect perfect run and class finish. One of my favorite players.

it' seems that Mexico it's a little bit complicated no? it has 6 matches played while the others only have 5.

Mexico had to move their fixture with Jamaica forward to participate in the Confederations Cup.

Top marks, Team USA. Thats the most complete game I've seen since the 5-0 Scotland win.

However, Panama could not finish their lunch, and a world class side would've scored one or two this evening. I like where the offense is going, and the more experience this back four gets together the better.

USA-Costa Rica on Tuesday night, good 1-2 fixture. 3 points in Utah would really make the picture clearer. Best part? The entire team (basically) played on yellow and no suspensions for Costa Rica.

Today, Mexico doesn't deserve to be on Brazil 2014... 8 points are just a ton of points for a team that hasn't shown anything so far...

I think it has something to do with the pressure. I watched their game, and I didn't see the creativity in the final third that I expect from Mexico. To me, that's because they're letting the pressure get to them. That's the manager's job to fix.

Honestly, Mexico deserved a goal. On the other hand, Costa Rica missed two one on ones, but Mexico had one or two creative one-twos in the box that barely got broken up.

ok, thanks but how did that 6 teams get there? because in central.and north america are more than 6 countries.
I miss trinidad y tobago haha.

btw here.in south america the qualifiers are on fire, really tight for the 3,4,5th positions and with really important matches to come for all teams.
I know this has probably been answered but here is a link which shows all 4 rounds. Just click on the side bar to navigate.

Ross
I know this has probably been answered but here is a link which shows all 4 rounds. Just click on the side bar to navigate.

yes it was, but thanks a lot i'll check it later.

if mexico doesn't qualify it'll.be really weird, generally everybody thinks that USA and Mexico are pre-qualified to the WC because the other concacaf teams are not THAT.competitive.
The same applies for Japan and south korea.

CAM
This is probably the fourth round of CONCACAF qualifying. I think the last round was two groups of 6 and top 3 from each moved on.

It was just stages with nations getting whittled off as time went on.
All the previous rounds and matches are in the first post.

Admittedly I've not updated it in a couple of months, but everything pre-2013 is there at least.

Famine

Admittedly I've not updated it in a couple of months, but everything pre-2013 is there at least.

I forgot about that. That was quite a long list as I remember.

What source(s) do you use for the information in the OP?

The news.

Generally speaking, any result I actually miss, FIFA. Otherwise, the news. And the miniature country flags are sourced from Wikipedia.

I've just updated CONCACAF, AFC and OFC to the present time. I'll work on the other three later.

Last edited:
The news.

Generally speaking, any result I actually miss, FIFA. Otherwise, the news. And the miniature country flags are sourced from Wikipedia.

I've just updated CONCACAF, AFC and OFC to the present time. I'll work on the other three later.
Oh OK. You might find Soccerway to be a useful tool. I myself use it all the time and it has a very big database.

I'll just add that I hate UEFA qualifiers...

CAM
I think it has something to do with the pressure. I watched their game, and I didn't see the creativity in the final third that I expect from Mexico. To me, that's because they're letting the pressure get to them. That's the manager's job to fix.

Honestly, Mexico deserved a goal. On the other hand, Costa Rica missed two one on ones, but Mexico had one or two creative one-twos in the box that barely got broken up.

On the good side, I've never seen a Mexico team being that solid on defense. On the bad side, I've never seen a Mexico team suffer that much on offense...

For god's sake, those strickers were dubbed as the Mexico's finest in about 30 years by the local media not so long ago... I can't believe it...

:crazy:

Maybe it's time to push the panic button... AGAIN :scared:

cuau-blanco-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back