2014 FIFA World Cup Qualification

• Thread starter Famine
  • 568 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I watch Hernandez play at MU he's fine. Vela would work wonders for you guys in the service department, just as Donovan would for us.

Just updating the UEFA section - I've only just noticed that Scotland's exit is possibly the most embarrassing thing in their entire footballing history. In a group with Wales (no offence, Wales, but your stock is barely any higher than Andorra), they're the first team knocked out of the UEFA qualifiers - before San Marino, who lost all of their games without scoring, Andorra, who lost all of their games without scoring, the Faroe Islands, who lost all of their games, Luxembourg (who are still in), Liechtenstein and Malta.

It's... mind-blowing.

Just updating the UEFA section - I've only just noticed that Scotland's exit is possibly the most embarrassing thing in their entire footballing history. In a group with Wales (no offence, Wales, but your stock is barely any higher than Andorra), they're the first team knocked out of the UEFA qualifiers - before San Marino, who lost all of their games without scoring, Andorra, who lost all of their games without scoring, the Faroe Islands, who lost all of their games, Luxembourg (who are still in), Liechtenstein and Malta.

It's... mind-blowing.

Then after all that they go and win in Croatia when it means nothing.:lol:

Scotland is 🤬 at football, on par with England imo.

Speaking of England, Woy Hodgson has to go, Ive never seen such a dull manager than him before. Resorts to hoof ball every time he fails to initiate the plan A. Reminds me of that former liverpool manager who got sacked. What was his name again? Kenny dogleash?

Need someone that could bring more consistency to the team and much more.

Last edited:
From watching Celtic, Kris Commons is good. Granted, you need 10 more to play but he impressed me.

Also, if I were European and my team had been eliminated, I would be fairly sad that I didn't get drawn into Group E :lol:.

Last edited:
Group E is no joke. Scandinavian sides are force to be reckon with. Surprised about Albania being a second in the group atm, I didint know they played football.

I knew Norway have a very good youth side, but other than that I've never heard of any of those teams being good. Switzerland has some good players, Shaqiri, Lichtsteiner, Djourou, Inler, but that's all I know out of Group E.

CAM
Whenever I watch Hernandez play at MU he's fine. Vela would work wonders for you guys in the service department, just as Donovan would for us.

Sadly, Vela "retired" from international duty. :indiff:

I just hope he changes his mind for the final games of the qualification... :nervous:

MoLiEG
Sadly, Vela "retired" from international duty. :indiff:

I just hope he changes his mind for the final games of the qualification... :nervous:

From what I heard last night, he would return if a certain set of "demands" were met. Kinda sounds like Taken. Don't know what those could be, its not like Mexico have any wingers that would beat him out, Aquino and Dos Santos haven't impressed me in the games I've watched.

I still remember the hype of Dos Santos. "Hes the next xavi, bla bla bla". Im just glad I never joined the bandwagon.

I think that the CONMEBOL quialifiers are the best because of the level of the teams, almost everyone are in the same level. And even the crappy team, Bolivia, it's hard because they play at 4000 meters!

The surprise was Paraguay, they reached the final on the America Cup and were good on the 2010WC but now they are out of Brasil.

I still remember the hype of Dos Santos. "Hes the next xavi, bla bla bla". Im just glad I never joined the bandwagon.

Gio is good, very good IMO. Not the next Xavi, but it's very good, and he's still young... he might get better within a few years... but right now he's stuck...

CAM
From what I heard last night, he would return if a certain set of "demands" were met. Kinda sounds like Taken. Don't know what those could be, its not like Mexico have any wingers that would beat him out, Aquino and Dos Santos haven't impressed me in the games I've watched.

Aquino was playing great before he left Cruz Azul and went to Villareal... Don't know what happened to him... :indiff: Like I said, Gio is stuck ATM... it seems that his team's relegation affected him...

Aquino's speed impressed me. He couldn't seem to take on defenders one on one though, although no one really could from Mexico on Tuesday. Salcido seemed to be your most effective attacker from what I saw. Either him or Guardado.

I've only just noticed that Scotland's exit is possibly the most embarrassing thing in their entire footballing history.
And with our history, that takes some doing.

It's embarrassing and Scotland are at a low ebb - but on paper anyway, we did have one of the hardest UEFA groups - of all UEFA groups, ours had the highest average ranking of teams, and that was before Croatia zoomed up to 4th in the world... still, the fact that we're still in 5th place even after beating Croatia is an ominous sign of things to come - we're likely to drop down into a lower pot for future tournament qualifiers, which is only going to make matters even worse. I think Reporting Scotland are on to something when they had a piece about making cricket our national sport from now on. :ill:

Gio is only as good as he wants to become. Making comparisons here and there will only draw pressure on him.

Talking about Gio, he's the most talented in Mexico right now, he's just passing through a bad moment and he's one of the very few that didn't started to not doing anything for the team when they started to play in Europe (In fact, he only played in Europe)

Here's something that always draw a smile in my face and it shows Giovanni's potential

Talking about Gio, he's the most talented in Mexico right now, he's just passing through a bad moment and he's one of the very few that didn't started to not doing anything for the team when they started to play in Europe (In fact, he only played in Europe)

Here's something that always draw a smile in my face and it shows Giovanni's potential

Probably one of my top 10, MAYBE top 5 goals of all time in my personal book:

The game in question, the rival, the technique, Howard's reaction... it's a jewel 👍

Monstrous goal... in-cre-di-ble...

So there are some friendlies tonight and two qualifiers (N.Ireland-Russia being one of them) and the two big friendlies look to be England-Scotland and Italy-Argentina...

World Cup Qualifiers on Friday, England at home to Moldova and Wales v Macedonia, I don't know who the other home nations have got, if they have any matches..

Northern Ireland vs Portugal, Republic of Ireland vs Sweden and Scotland vs Belgium, all qualifiers and all live on sky sports. ;)

Busy night of football on Friday then, looking forward to it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back