2014 FIFA World Cup Qualification

• Thread starter Famine
  • 568 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Argentina beat Germany 3-1 in Frankfurt, in a rather boring friendly match. The german goalkeeper was sent off after a mistimed tackle inside the penalty box. Up until that point, Germany had been dominant. The substitute goalkeeper stopped a penalty from Messi. Messi did score the second goal, though. The first goal was an own goal from Khedira following a corner kick. The third goal was absolute missile from Di María.

I thought the Argentina game was fun to watch. The guy running on the field to shake Messi's hand was hilarious.

So the european section of qualifying starts tonight then..

..and out of the home nations, England have got the easiest match on paper, away to moldova, they other teams have tough looking matches with Wales at home to Belgium, Scotland at home to Serbia and Northern Ireland away to russia!

Speaking of the Russia-N.Ireland match, did anyone hear what Capello had to say about the withdrawls in his Russia team?, he said ' ive only got two strikers, but its only Nothern Ireland!'..now, N.ireland have slipped further down the rankings (they are now 129th!) and yes Russia will probably hammer them, but it still shows a complete lack of respect for his opponents!! ****!!

Netherlands vs Turkey. And there are just as many Turkish fans as Dutch. :lol:

I have a feeling our squad are going to get their asses kicked.

The Turkish fans started booing and whistling as the Dutch squad entered the pitch. When Sneijder read the anti racism message, more booing. But when the Dutch anthem played, silence. Kudos for the Turks.

Ah yes. The Turks aren't as strong as I thought they would be. 2-0. Late goal in the extra time.

Last edited:
Colombia hammered Uruguay 4-0, with Falcao playing a decent role with a goal. Interesting, they could be in the mix for qualifying with the lack of Brazil in their playing group. Decent result for England too, they need to take 12 points off Moldova and San Marino, with Montenegro, Ukraine and Poland in their group.

Let's go USA! Home and away with Jamaica tonight and Tuesday.

Gotta love a goal 30 seconds into the game :D.

If we make the World Cup, I'll be surprised if we get one point. We can't handle any type of situation ever.

Last edited:
America has the lead?

Aaaaaaaaand it's gone. :)

Jamaica has only qualified for the World Cup once, and that was the 1998 World Cup. Would love to see us do it again.

Cannot believe Dempsey missed that.

Screw it. Completely screw it. If you play this badly against a side like this (no offense Peter) you don't deserve anything. You don't deserve for one person to pay money to watch you in Columbus on Tuesday. Absolutely :censored:ing pitiful.

Just realized it'd absolutely suck to be Tim Howard. You're a world class keeper, and other than one center back from Stoke, the rest of every person behind midfield looks like they were picked off of a pee wee squad.

You know you suck the fattest one of them all when you make Jamaica look like Spain with Messi and Ronaldo added in. Biggest waste of two hours I've ever seen.

Last edited:
They did see ma bit lost, and lazy on the ball, at that. But Donovan wasn't playing today, it might have been a different story if he was there. H's one of your star players, he could have surely made the difference.

Well we had some guy starting instead of Bocanegra which made no sense, and we really need Michael Bradley back. As well as Donovan. It also sucks that we lost the game because of two free kicks...

Messi's goal against Paraguay yesterday, the third in Argentina's 3-1 win over Paraguay.

D10S

I guess Canada won yesterday against some Caribbean team which is a big boost for our World Cup chances. Or something.

Lucas
Messi's goal against Paraguay yesterday, the third in Argentina's 3-1 win over Paraguay.

That announcer is awesome.

Ahhh.. I bet he made that noise he made after Messi scored in anger when the word got out about that :lol:.

Hopefully USA can bounce back with some type of result in Columbus tonight after Friday's embarrassment against Jamaica.

1-0 loss to France eh? Completely missed that.

Not the best way to start, but even 3rd place in this group should do.

CAM
Hopefully USA can bounce back with some type of result in Columbus tonight after Friday's embarrassment against Jamaica.

They will. Jamaica can win at home, but I don't think they can pull of another upset on our soil.

Unless all of our players decide to play at the JV level.

Well I'm guessing Klinsmann won't be stupid enough to sit Bocanegra again, so thatll cut down on the stupid free kicks.

But trust me, JV level was being generous for the performance I watched on Friday night.

Jamaica's keeper can GTFO. We would have at least one point and a 2-0 lead if that buggar would be gone.

Last edited:
Bad time to be a Wales fan.

This is the fourth time in my 21 year lifetime alone that we have become international whipping boys.

Now Jamaica know how it feels for some stupid free kick to score on you, sweet redemption.

Tweet tweet! Good job USA, should have been 4-0 easily. 1-0, full time.

Last edited:
Now I see why the US won the Gold medal for diving in the Olympics.

I think we played reasonably well, nothing but a silly setpiece stopped us from drawing it up. Too many almosts in the second half, though.

I was impressed with the first half. We looked as good as you guys did in Kingston.

Now I see why the US won the Gold medal for diving in the Olympics.

I think we played reasonably well, nothing but a silly setpiece stopped us from drawing it up. Too many almosts in the second half, though.

That set piece wouldn't have mattered if those three shots on goal didn't hit the goal posts anyway. The match was pretty much USA and then a little bit Jamaica.

sumbrownkid
That set piece wouldn't have mattered if those three shots on goal didn't hit the goal posts anyway. The match was pretty much USA and then a little bit Jamaica.

+1, Taylor Twellman sounded cocky on the telecast, but 79-21 possession in the first half tells a big story. I'm interested to see if we can finally win a road game here, we need to because the last game is Guatemala. Did anyone see Ruiz's goal last night against Antigua?

Bad time to be a Wales fan.

This is the fourth time in my 21 year lifetime alone that we have become international whipping boys.

We were appauling!!

People are saying that Coleman should be sacked or he should resign...but who else is there to take over?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back