2014 FIFA World Cup Qualification

• Thread starter Famine
  • 568 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were appauling!!

People are saying that Coleman should be sacked or he should resign...but who else is there to take over?!

The team is good enough on paper to qualify for the world cup, yet every manager never seems to bring out the potential, except one.

The team is good enough on paper to qualify for the world cup, yet every manager never seems to bring out the potential, except one.

Thats sadly true, i think if Gary Speed didnt do what he did, Wales would have beaten Serbia and got at least a draw against the Belgians..and we would have been at least 20th in the world!

..also, none of the home nations have really had a good start to qualifying have there?? they have all been quite poor, Wales espicially!!

CAM
+1, Taylor Twellman sounded cocky on the telecast, but 79-21 possession in the first half tells a big story. I'm interested to see if we can finally win a road game here, we need to because the last game is Guatemala. Did anyone see Ruiz's goal last night against Antigua?

If the team can pull off a win in Azteca, then they can in Guatemala.

The big question mark is whether Dempsey and Donovan are both in it.

We already played at Guatemala, that game is in Kansas City. We go to Antigua and then host Guatemala to finish this round.

Portugal has 6/6 pts and a good start to the campaign. What's funny is how the Portuguese national team has hit the post/cross bar roughly 15 times in a span of 2 games. The 1st match to Luxembourg they hit 7 of what I counted, and this last match against Azerbaijan hit a lot more. The GD should be +10 easily, not +4 like it sits now lol

Holland is back on track again after the terrible European Championship. Six points out of 2 games and 6 goals. :) Louis van Gaal has worked his magic by picking new players and bringing back some youth.. 👍

So the next round of european qualifiers are on tomorrow night then..

For the home nations..its Wales v Scotland, which is a must win game for Wales after our shambolic start!..England should beat San Marino with thier eyes closed!..Rooney will captain England in Gerrards apsence..

It's already all over for Wales.

No chance are we qualifying now.

I sort of agree with you, but i think we can beat the scots and get a point away to Croatia, we can build on that then! :)

Bloody hell, a goal would be a start. One goal scored under Coleman and that came in that game.

No Ashley Cole for England tonight..not surprised hes been left out..also, i cant believe that they managed to get a 90,000 sell out at Wembley!! tickets must have been reduced!:crazy:

Great win for Cymru!! Bale with 2 goals in the last ten minutes to snatch the victory from Scotland.

Belgium taking the 3 points back home from Serbia, glad that game has been won giving us a small chance to finally go to a World Cup again :)

Up next, Scotland.

Lol jk, 2nd is realistic now.

Seriously though, a morale boosting win but the damage is already done I'm afraid. 4th is the best we'll do.

Belgium taking the 3 points back home from Serbia, glad that game has been won giving us a small chance to finally go to a World Cup again :)

Up next, Scotland.

Never thought they'd actually win it by 3-0, amazing stuff.

If the y keep on going like this, we'll be in for a treat in a few years! 👍

Escape from Antigua, starring Uncle Sam.

Who would've thought that Eddie Johnson would be our savior?

Messi scored two goals in Argentina's 3-0 win over Uruguay. The first goal opened the score, while the second one, kicking the ball below the barrier from a free-kick, was the last of the match.

El Salvador needed this win against Costa Rica :(
Why did the coach not play the better players is beyond me. He should have played this game to win specially at home, and hope for the best in Mexico!
Now we need to win in Mexico :nervous: and hope Costa Rica loses

Never thought they'd actually win it by 3-0, amazing stuff.

If the y keep on going like this, we'll be in for a treat in a few years! 👍
It took some time to get a good team together, but now the players all have plenty of experience to take the team to a higher level.
It's a bit of a shame about Eden Hazard who plays well at Chelsea but can't seem to find a good form in the national team. I think there's too much pressure on him, media mostly.

I almost exploded when Bale scored that 30 yard winner!!!!

But seriously, we were lucky to win as that disallowed goal for the scots should have stood, the ball was clearly still in play!

As for the English..well they won, but it wasnt very convicing and i thought they laboured for parts of the match..will need to do much better in theyre away match at Poland on tuesday, that will be a tough game for them!

American soccer fans are collectively breathing a sigh of relief this morning. A win or a draw at home to Guatemala on Friday and we are through to the final round.

I like that position. Even a LOSS Friday (which I don't believe will happen) and they could still go through.

USA!

Our boys better produce a win though, and give some heartbreak to the Guatemalans.

If Eddie Johnson scores again for that match, welcome back EJ?

Two goals on the road including a match winner in the 90th minutes isn't enough of a welcome back for you? Tough fan!! :)

It's African Cup of Nations qualis, but I don't know where else to put this.

Cameroon 2-1 Cape Verde

CAPE VERDE WIN 3-2 ON AGGREGATE

Wow. Cameroon are not going to the ACN for the second time in a row.

Two goals on the road including a match winner in the 90th minutes isn't enough of a welcome back for you? Tough fan!! :)

Not so much tough fan but more as a surprised fan after that match. He disappeared from the line up for what seems like an eternity in soccer terms.

Indeed he did. I doubt any British posters even know who we are talking about, so here's some perspective.

Due to injuries and players not available for a WC qualifier, England call up Emile Heskey, who starts and bags a brace in a 2-1 win the road, including a match winner in the 90th minute. It's like that for US fans right now.

Emile Heskey. The one hot pocket that didn't burn the FA when they needed him.

I'm wondering how long EJ can stick around while at the same time, how long will Jozy stay in Klinnsman's doghouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back