2014 Final Round - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 @ Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter gm matthew
  • 997 comments
Slight Improvement I have flashes of 15.5s and lower.... really enjoying the 3 4 5 turn combo feels good when getting a slight slide through those combos

Current time 2:16.178

What time does it end for us west coast guys? 8:59PM???
I think it should say on the event page, I don't remember it either.

Wheel or pedals? My dfgt is only the pedals i have trouble i keep on top of cleaning them out tho fully strip and clean out every 6 months or so.
I've had mine for a year now, it's the pedals, basically what happened is they developed the flickering issue, on partial throttle and braking, so I took them apart and cleaned them, but fixing that resulted in a dead zone in the brake pedal and now there is huge delays with the throttle. It's drivable but you cannot go fast with it.

It's a good reason to buy a t500 sooner, I wasn't gonna compete this year unless I got the t500 anyway as I got screwed over going from a dfgt at home to a t500 at last year's finals, the wheels are totally different.

I've had mine for a year now, it's the pedals, basically what happened is they developed the flickering issue, on partial throttle and braking, so I took them apart and cleaned them, but fixing that resulted in a dead zone in the brake pedal and now there is huge delays with the throttle. It's drivable but you cannot go fast with it.

It's a good reason to buy a t500 sooner, I wasn't gonna compete this year unless I got the t500 anyway as I got screwed over going from a dfgt at home to a t500 at last year's finals, the wheels are totally different.

You've probably aligned the teeth between the pedal and potentiometer wrong. Take them apart and plug them in, then keep trying different arrangements until there is no deadzone and the pedal isn't constantly depressed slightly. IIRC it's so that the bottom black teeth on the pedals fit between the bottom two white teeth on the potentiometer.

2:14.837

I've finally done it! I've made it up to 9th in the UK, 67th worldwide, which is virtually guaranteed to see me through to the national finals. I don't think 8 guys are going to pass me with under 10 hours to go :D

To celebrate, here's a picture of me fist pumping at last year's national finals:

gta2013_national.jpg

I should probably use that as my avatar :cool:

P.S. Awesome lap @Spurgy 777, you're looking good for two UK #1s in a row 👍

Congratulations to those who make it to their respected national finals. I'll see some of you at Silverstone(?) if all goes to plan :) Since last year I've reached the required age, and acquired the unthinkable... a driving license.

To those who missed out, remember that a racing driver is defined more by how they deal with the hard times than their success.. or something along the lines of that!

Congratulations to those who make it to their respected national finals. I'll see some of you at Silverstone(?) if all goes to plan :) Since last year I've reached the required age, and acquired the unthinkable... a driving license.

To those who missed out, remember that a racing driver is defined more by how they deal with the hard times than their success.. or something along the lines of that!

I'll never feel safe on the roads again :P

It'd be fun to know the cut of point for each country (e.g. the time of the last guy that makes it to the nationals)
Spain is usually the toughest country to qualify in, so I guess they will have the lowest cut off point.:P

2:16.566 ... Not so big achievement, but the best time I was able to do.

Good luck to all, who made it to the nationals! 👍 (Shame Finland was not an eligible country this year... :confused: ).

Well, finished in the top 200 in the UK with my first attempt with a wheel, but a bit annoyed I couldn't get any better than 2:17.014. Good luck to the guys who made it through!

Anyone know the total entrants for the UK?

And... it's all over! Good job everyone, I'll update the leaderboard later on today.

A big congratulations to @IMMORTALPILOT for setting the quickest time in the world by over a tenth 👍

On the UK side, congratulations to @01Michael, @GTPGhost, @kremmen64, @GTP_Chap89, @WillRacer31, @The Watcher, @SAVAGE916, @rclark83 and @Scale96 for all qualifying for the UK national finals (assuming you're all eligible), and a special word to @Spurgy 777 for once again setting the fastest UK time. Hopefully I'll see most of you there :cheers:

Also, congrats to @Tidgney and @Twissy for being in the UK top 14 even though they're not eligible :(

Broken dreams. :( Been at this since roughly 5pm, shortly after the NASCAR race ended. Doing 1 hour stints with 15 minute breaks in between, so about 9 hours of intense hot lapping, hoping for that one magical lap. With each passing hour, I could see my hopes of becoming a finalist slowly diminishing, yet I pushed on. Was up on my ghost by as much as .300 but just couldn't string it all together. I'm not going to lie, the last half hour was spent driving with tears in my eyes as I knew the end was near, but yet I pushed on, continually wiping my eyes just so I could see, hoping for a miracle. It just wasn't meant to be. :( I done all I could, pushed myself further than I have ever pushed before, which only makes the heartbreak that much more worse. I really had high hopes for this year to at least make it close, but as it looks, I was still about .600 off the pace from making it in. I guess there is always next year, but with father time and my health working against me, my time is limited. If there is any positives to take from this, I did learn a few things from this experience which should serve me well in the future. Thanks to all who have lent their time and knowledge in helping me along this year...I greatly appreciate it and couldn't have gotten as far as I did without your help.

Congrats to those that made it in, a job well done and I really admire you all for what you have been able to accomplish. :bowdown: Good luck to you all the rest of the way, keep pushing as the competition has only just begun. You all have alot to be proud of and whoever it is that makes it through to the life long dream spot will surely deserve it. :bowdown:

So until next time my good friends, keep your foot down and keep reaching for the stars. Stay fast.

My final stats.

Time: 2'16.441
Regional: 132nd
World: 1,246th
Kilometers Driven: 6,256

And... it's all over! Good job everyone, I'll update the leaderboard later on today.

A big congratulations to @IMMORTALPILOT for setting the quickest time in the world by over a tenth 👍

On the UK side, congratulations to @01Michael, @GTPGhost, @kremmen64, @GTP_Chap89, @WillRacer31, @The Watcher, @SAVAGE916, @rclark83 and @Scale96 for all qualifying for the UK national finals (assuming you're all eligible), and a special word to @Spurgy 777 for once again setting the fastest UK time. Hopefully I'll see most of you there :cheers:

Also, congrats to @Tidgney and @Twissy for being in the UK top 14 even though they're not eligible :(
Thanks bud, well done everyone...

Well Done All , Round 4 was a tough round but we got there in the end !! Congrat's to all that took part this year and all who qualified for national final's , will be great to meet you all :)

Well Done Ben , Well done Immortal .... That lap was Super Human :)

I'm just happy i can now go back to what i enjoy Racing...... Woo Hoo

Yay

Back