2014 Final Round - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 @ Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter gm matthew
  • 997 comments
Thanks to @Tidgney for the video it really helped me understand the gt6 physics and figure out the braking points. I only spent today driving round 3 and 4. And only found @Tidgney video around 11 and had a half hour left to drive. I really wish i would of seen the video earlier and started driving when round 4 opened up. Ya the physics are messed up I know I could out drive these guys in a real car but not in this game. If you drove a real car like that you would blow the engine and have no tires left after 5 laps. Sucks cuz I was just getting the hang of these gt6 physics with the help of this video I wish I would of had more time to try and make it to the finals Oh well I hope they do it again next year. I need to be in a real race car I’m tired of this **** -ryen miller

And... it's all over! Good job everyone, I'll update the leaderboard later on today.

A big congratulations to @IMMORTALPILOT for setting the quickest time in the world by over a tenth 👍

On the UK side, congratulations to @01Michael, @GTPGhost, @kremmen64, @GTP_Chap89, @WillRacer31, @The Watcher, @SAVAGE916, @rclark83 and @Scale96 for all qualifying for the UK national finals (assuming you're all eligible), and a special word to @Spurgy 777 for once again setting the fastest UK time. Hopefully I'll see most of you there :cheers:

Also, congrats to @Tidgney and @Twissy for being in the UK top 14 even though they're not eligible :(

Thanks Matthew, well done to you too and all who took part! Well done to Top 3 Spurgy, Michael and Ghost. Good Times Guys 👍:cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks to @Tidgney for the video it really helped me understand the gt6 physics and figure out the braking points. I only spent today driving round 3 and 4. And only found @Tidgney video around 11 and had a half hour left to drive. I really wish i would of seen the video earlier and started driving when round 4 opened up.

No worries :)!

Ya the physics are messed up I know I could out drive these guys in a real car but not in this game. If you drove a real car like that you would blow the engine and have no tires left after 5 laps. Sucks cuz I was just getting the hang of these gt6 physics with the help of this video I wish I would of had more time to try and make it to the finals Oh well I hope they do it again next year.

Rest assured we drive like this only because this is the fastest way and have to adapt to it! But even in real life the top guys can drive really quickly, check out some of the winners who were at Le Man this week!

You've probably aligned the teeth between the pedal and potentiometer wrong. Take them apart and plug them in, then keep trying different arrangements until there is no deadzone and the pedal isn't constantly depressed slightly. IIRC it's so that the bottom black teeth on the pedals fit between the bottom two white teeth on the potentiometer.

Do you think this will also help with the delayed throttle response?

Hell...
When I see my time of 2:20.734, which I achieved after many, many laps, a few liters of sweat, lots of swearwords and a great deal of perseverance, I just feel ridiculous in comparison to times like 2.14.xxx. :D

Just been comparing my lap to @IMMORTALPILOT's lap and I only lost half a tenth between T1-6 and T12-20. The other 4 tenths I lost from T7-11 because I wasn't power sliding enough. :crazy:
A few times, I was a tenth ahead of Immortals lap heading down to Pouhon (once after doing a .594 first sector) only to keep stuffing up Pouhon and losing all momentum.

et_
So sorry to hear that mate:(
And in your defense, the car this year was messed up, the way you had to drive was super weird.
6,256km is ALOT tho!:eek:

Yeah, it seems the driving styles required for these academies is usually weird. I remember the one at Motegi 2 years ago where it was like trail breaking every corner. :crazy:

I wish they would allow us to adjust brake bias. Oh well, Congratulations to everyone that made it to nationals!

I wish they would allow us to adjust brake bias.

I would have loosed my mind trying to figure how to set the bias, when there's ready tuned car I'ts easier to concentrate since I don't start to question the fact that maybe I could do better whit different bias. Especially when you have a compo like this, I mean the things you already could do whit this car, there was enough learning to do, at least for me:scared:...

But to be honets, it took me something like 9 to 10 days pushing 2-4 hour a day to even be whit in 2.5s from TRL_SAMURAI so the whole time was basically used to just get some regularity on those laps...

GOOD LUCK FOR THOSE WHO MADE IT THIS YEAR :bowdown:

I cant believe i made it finishing 12th in the uk. Anybody know what happends next? Do we wait for an email now? Sorry if this is already covered somewhere
Thanks

You will receive an email to the mail address registered with your psn Id from someone dealing with GTA. Probably ly in the next couple days.

Yes it does set it up exactly how he explained

Okay thanks guys, I'll give this a go when I can!

I cant believe i made it finishing 12th in the uk. Anybody know what happends next? Do we wait for an email now? Sorry if this is already covered somewhere
Thanks

Yes it does set it up exactly how he explained
You will receive an email to the address linked with your psn id from someone dealing with GT, probably in the next few days

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell...
When I see my time of 2:20.734, which I achieved after many, many laps, a few liters of sweat, lots of swearwords and a great deal of perseverance, I just feel ridiculous in comparison to times like 2.14.xxx. :D
I feel the same about my 2:19.537, I set that on the first day round 4 was open. I practiced a lot before round 4 started and set a good day 1 time..... so good that another 1000 + km of trying could not beat it. I got mad along the way that no matter what I did, I could never improve my time set driving just 52 km in the actual round.

And... it's all over! Good job everyone, I'll update the leaderboard later on today.

A big congratulations to @IMMORTALPILOT for setting the quickest time in the world by over a tenth 👍

On the UK side, congratulations to @01Michael, @GTPGhost, @kremmen64, @GTP_Chap89, @WillRacer31, @The Watcher, @SAVAGE916, @rclark83 and @Scale96 for all qualifying for the UK national finals (assuming you're all eligible), and a special word to @Spurgy 777 for once again setting the fastest UK time. Hopefully I'll see most of you there :cheers:

Also, congrats to @Tidgney and @Twissy for being in the UK top 14 even though they're not eligible :(

Thanks - I'm just delighted to make it through especially as I only started using a wheel for this round having been a pad user always on GT. Also being Uk #1 for 3 minutes was nice haha..

Congratulations.jpg

Congratulations and good luck to everyone who qualified for the next stage from all of us in Sick's Classic Race Room​

For all those who could not achieve gold on round 4 of the academy and wanted the team RJN car - rejoice as it is one of the cars released on v 1.09 update (as well as an awesome LMP1 car and Red Bull Ring circuit). Vision GT car isn't bad either.

I'm sorry for bumping such an old thread, but could someone explain to me what "Ti Tech" is?

In the video for Immortal Pilot's incredible World Record run around Spa in the GT Academy Final Round, at around the 8:04 mark there is text on the screen that reads "Immortal is the first one in the world to win GT Academy without using Ti Tech". So, what is it?

I'm sorry for bumping such an old thread, but could someone explain to me what "Ti Tech" is?

In the video for Immortal Pilot's incredible World Record run around Spa in the GT Academy Final Round, at around the 8:04 mark there is text on the screen that reads "Immortal is the first one in the world to win GT Academy without using Ti Tech". So, what is it?
Ti-Tech85 is a person. He has won (I think) every GT Academy until now.

Congrats to Immortal... I guess I'll try again next year. Awesome run, btw. I couldn't even get a gold on the 3rd and final event. I was so disappointed with my performance at Spa, that I just gave up and took second.

Back