2014 Final Round Practice *Combo leaked* GT-R GT3 @ Spa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a good video for everyone trying to get in the finals:

Has some good tips. (Especially from Jann.)

Not bad, though it's not really giving tips but it does give people motivation, and that's one of the most powerful tools when trying to achieve something.

The driving logic from something like the initial D anime would help people out more, so in this sense you can do what he suggests and drive a Nissan on a track as best as you can, then drive something different like a Honda S2000 where you can learn how the slight different characteristics of the car would show you not only where the Nissan could be driven better, but to learn the characteristics of the track.

An example would be to realise that the Nissan might have more stability when letting the back slide out going into a corner under braking (not drifting), then to abuse that characteristic on some of the technical corners to get a better line out rather than trying to grip drive the track and be limited in your overall performance.

Another tip which relates to that example would be from Jackie Stuart: "The exit of a corner is far more important than the entry of a corner... and never put your foot flat down on the accelerator till you know you won't have to lift off again."

And nothing beats the usual 101 of just practising, gaining experience and enjoying it all! :cheers:

👍

I started today and got a 2:25.xxx, I simply used the courtesy car in arcade mode for Time Trial as I figured that this way the hp boost doesn't affect the car after driving it around for a few hours. I will attempt using my garaged GT3, this car is so solid feels nearly like an AWD car and it stops in a hurry.

yeah, all good in theory, but I suspect they will put us on cs tyres , like round two, just to make something that would be cool and fun, a frustrating nightmare, just like round two.

2:18.455

Lost about .5 in the middle sector that lap though, so I think high 17s would be my best. I'm guessing the fastest times will be 16s.

Fun combo:)

Hey there guys, few guys here i know, very quick. hoping to do well here. I'll give it a go later and post my times. Feel free to add me on PSN, GTP_JIM :cheers:

just had a quick run 2.19.658 its a nice fun combo. bit of understeer but i liked it. will give a proper go tomorrow

i'm not particularly familiar with the social capabilities of GT6 but is it possible to make some kind of group to share ghosts or whatnot? Or run a lobby?

It's too boring to do it alone, without even a leaderbord hehe

We can upload our ghosts as a .zip file.

Oh guys I recommend setting the grip to 'Real' rather than the default 'low' :)

i'm not particularly familiar with the social capabilities of GT6 but is it possible to make some kind of group to share ghosts or whatnot? Or run a lobby?

It's too boring to do it alone, without even a leaderbord hehe
Nope for the ghosts. And for some reason, in GT, when racing online you have slightly less grip, and a couple seconds slower lap times than you would doing an offline time trial. And even online, you couldn't race against other people's ghosts.

We can upload our ghosts as a .zip file.

Oh guys I recommend setting the grip to 'Real' rather than the default 'low' :)
Oh, it is possible? Whoops:lol:

Edit: Sorry for double post.

That's how I ran it as well.

2:20.787 after half an hour but if this is the car/track combo, I expect stricter track limits and those pesky cones.

Yea, I agree and think we can probably 100% expect that to be the case. That's why in my practice runs, I'm trying to use as less of the curbing as I can in certain spots. If my memory serves me right, I distinctly remember a time trial here where there were cones present....I think it was back in GT5 in some event or something. If anyone remembers what I'm talking about, a video of that would be great if it is available somewhere. Maybe help us with cone placement.

Yea, I agree and think we can probably 100% expect that to be the case. That's why in my practice runs, I'm trying to use as less of the curbing as I can in certain spots. If my memory serves me right, I distinctly remember a time trial here where there were cones present....I think it was back in GT5 in some event or something. If anyone remembers what I'm talking about, a video of that would be great if it is available somewhere. Maybe help us with cone placement.
i thought cones were present in the FGT event that Immortal won, but ive youtubed the video and there werent any. I think it mightve been one of those GTA challenges rather than TTs.

The only important thing i remember about spa TTs is that biting any grass on the entry to eau rouge would red flag the lap.

i thought cones were present in the FGT event that Immortal won, but ive youtubed the video and there werent any. I think it mightve been one of those GTA challenges rather than TTs.

The only important thing i remember about spa TTs is that biting any grass on the entry to eau rouge would red flag the lap.

Ah, ok then. Like I said, I remember there being cones here for something, just couldn't remember what it was. At any rate, I'm just going to keep going with my strategy of staying off the curbs as much as possible in the places I remember them being. I remember them being at Pouhon and the chicane specifically.

I just can't recall when I saw cones at Spa. However, I can name a few places to watch out for regardless.

Eau Rouge entrance - Using every bit of the left bend before the uphill really helps setting up the line. I'm almost certain they'll place our friend there, though.

Malmedy - Not sure if they'll be picking touching the dirt at the apex. Bad habit of mine.

Pouhon - Obviously, don't go wide. If you wait until the last second to turn in, it won't be that much of a problem.

Paul Frere - The time trial mode doesn't flag it by using the asphalt on exit but GTA will. Tricky bend since I haven't been able to go there without fluttering the throttle on entry.

Blanchimont - Screw it up and you'll go so wide, you'll lose time even if it's not penalized.

Bus Stop - Possible cones at the apexes. May not matter that much since it's all about keeping up speed/traction on the asphalt and because chicanes need to be bulldozed are not my favorite.

I'm a bit pessimistic cause the car is far too much 'funny-reliable-stable' to drive. They will mess up somehow, with tyres or set up or whatever + ugly cones.

Still i'm impressed by your times cause for now i'm stuck with 2.23.... cheaters :lol::irked:.

I'm a bit pessimistic cause the car is far too much 'funny-reliable-stable' to drive. They will mess up somehow, with tyres or set up or whatever + ugly cones.

Still i'm impressed by your times cause for now i'm stuck with 2.23.... cheaters :lol::irked:.
i knew the cones would be placed there so i drove as if it was, staying of the tight apex.
i agree, i expected the car to be a bugger to drive, but the only problem with it is ALOT of understeer, i reckon they will use different settings to use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back