2014 Final Round Practice *Combo leaked* GT-R GT3 @ Spa

Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Adrian, Mich.
cargorat323
CargoRatt
Hey guys, since it has recently come to light what the final round combo will be, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...final-round-in-op.308847/page-16#post-9666883 I thought that maybe we could have some fun here and compare lap times plus get in a bit of practice. The car to use obviously will be the GT-R Nismo GT3 '13 found in the Nissan dealership at Spa. According the above link, the car will have 542.5bhp so you will need to use the power limiter to get down to the required bhp. I did not do an oil change nor did I adjust anything except for the power limiter. Tires I'm using are Racing Hard, just as they come with the car. Like I said, this is just for fun and to get a little practice in and to just get a little break from the 2nd round or anything else you are doing in the game. And yes, I know things can change, especially now that we know this information but practice of any kind never hurts.

Feel free to discuss split times, tips, tricks or anything else you may think may be of help to other members. Thanks guys and lets have some fun till the real deal starts.

Spa_Francorchamps_track_map.png

Having said that, here is my less than stellar lap time from a short run...ABS 1 only.

2'24.244

Settings to be used for these practice times.
542bhp. (Use power limiter to get to this spec.)
No oil change
Racing: Hard Tires
No Aids except for ABS1
No other changes to the car including suspension, transmission, LSD, aero, and brake balance. All of these settings must be left stock as they came set with the car.

Last edited:
well it was leaked pretty early about motegi circuit and they didnt change. The only problem i forsee is those pesky cones that are bound to appear.

hmmm I have a funny feeling it could be the Base Model GT3 GTR.... Thing is also the real GT3 car is a V8....

I still haven't cracked Gold in Round 2...

Take your time and go at your own pace. 👍 I'm not trying to hurry things or anything, I just thought that since we now know what the likely combo is for the final round, that some people might want to get some early practice in. I'm not requesting that anyone take part in this, its just open to anyone who wants to give it a try at their own leisure. Its just a friendly place to post your practice times and hopefully get some advice about the track and such from the more experienced players...sort of a prelude to the real thing. :cheers:

@R0T0RAU86 The car that is being used, most likely according to my link, is the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN '13. The car that I am using here for practice is the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 '13 found in the Nissan dealership. It is almost the exact same car, minus the livery. The only thing you have to do is use the power limiter to get it down to the 542bhp. Even the drivetrains are the same, FR. Also, I think you may be mistaken about the engine because here it says its a V6. http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/car/9/nissan-gt-r-nismo-gt3

Last edited:
@R0T0RAU86 The car that is being used, most likely according to my link, is the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN '13. The car that I am using here for practice is the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 '13 found in the Nissan dealership. It is almost the exact same car, minus the livery. The only thing you have to do is use the power limiter to get it down to the 542bhp. Even the drivetrains are the same, FR.

Figured as much...

Just give it 4 laps and did a 1:22.184.... Same setup as yourself :) Heaps more left it in, at least 1.5 seconds...

You mean 2'22.184??

Yeah.. hahah make that a 2:20.484 .... :) 5 laps after... still more in it I think.... If this is the final round, depending on where they put those stupid god dam cones (i can see the last chicane is going to be the death of me) and it will this this setup exactly, see times in the 2:18s....

Yeah.. hahah make that a 2:20.484 .... :) 5 laps after... still more in it I think.... If this is the final round, depending on where they put those stupid god dam cones (i can see the last chicane is going to be the death of me) and it will this this setup exactly, see times in the 2:18s....

Yea, I can't guarantee that the feel of the car will be exactly the same, but it should be close. Also, did you make sure that you used the power limiter to get the power down to the 542bhp that the car for the final round will have. I am also using no aids except for ABS1 and Racing Hard Tires. I'm not sure about the tires that will be used, I am only guessing on that one.

Yea, I can't guarantee that the feel of the car will be exactly the same, but it should be close. Also, did you make sure that you used the power limiter to get the power down to the 542bhp that the car for the final round will have. I am also using no aids except for ABS1 and Racing Hard Tires. I'm not sure about the tires that will be used, I am only guessing on that one.

Yeah mate followed 100%... Limited power to 542bhp (and on the lower scale, as soon as it hit 542 from 541) No aids ABS1 Racing Hard Tires, again dropped time 2:20.150... Tell you what the lap breaker could actually be rouge at this point... And maybe the off camber right hander... Rouge follows the long straight (every kph will count) and the off camber right you need to flow the rest of the track from that point....

Well why the hell would they put sports softs on a GT3 car? it is stupid.... I think you could be right :)

Yeah mate followed 100%... Limited power to 542bhp (and on the lower scale, as soon as it hit 542 from 541) No aids ABS1 Racing Hard Tires, again dropped time 2:20.150... Tell you what the lap breaker could actually be rouge at this point... And maybe the off camber right hander... Rouge follows the long straight (every kph will count) and the off camber right you need to flow the rest of the track from that point....

Well why the hell would they put sports softs on a GT3 car? it is stupid.... I think you could be right :)

Yea, Rouge is going to be the lap breaker I think. You have to nail it exactly right or else you are going to lose a ton of time. I think this is going to be a tough combo to pull off when it comes to stringing your best sectors together. A true test of concentration and consistency.

Hmm, 2:19.930 for me so far, but there's so much time for me out there still. Not going to pursue it any more for now since who knows what kind of aerodynamic settings or tires they'll use if this does actually end up being the car that's run. Eau Rouge holds a lot of time, but honestly I think there's far more when accelerating out of the 2nd gear corners.

Hmm, 2:19.930 for me so far, but there's so much time for me out there still. Not going to pursue it any more for now since who knows what kind of aerodynamic settings or tires they'll use if this does actually end up being the car that's run. Eau Rouge holds a lot of time, but honestly I think there's far more when accelerating out of the 2nd gear corners.

Nice time and thanks for your insight, appreciate it. 👍

Yeah agreed... just did a 2:19.236 that will be it for now, did a few laps but not too many... Will be a awesome track and car combo if they do it like this... :)

Yeah agreed... just did a 2:19.236 that will be it for now, did a few laps but not too many... Will be a awesome track and car combo if they do it like this... :)
Completely agree on the combo. If it ends up being the case it'll be a nice break from the hellish 370z tuned that's been used in prior years :lol:. It seems to me like a little too much of a departure in the difficulty department though, so I wouldn't be too shocked if they ran super low downforce or messed with the suspension quite a bit, even though it's still a fairly challenging car as is.

hmmm I have a funny feeling it could be the Base Model GT3 GTR.... Thing is also the real GT3 car is a V8....

The GT3 GT-R has the same engine as the road car, a 3.8L twin-turbo V6, the VR38DETT.

Ok i'm an idiot, i set the power limiter to what I thought was 542bhp and ran a lap of spa in 2:35.xxx and i was like wtf. Then when I went back to settings, i realised i set it to 542pp and 345bhp :dunce: ran a 2:23 when set up properly, haven't had time to give it a decent go but will probably try again later next week. Nice combo tho the gt3 on spa :D

Hy Guys,

im pretty new in GT Academy and also GT...last year i played by a friend of me GT.
Now i bought my own ps3 an also GT6...for me ist the first time to really attemp on GT Academy..
My current round 2 time is 1.36.0xx but i tried not that offen.
I saw in Germany the final round will be just for 1 week...so i try to practice some different course and cars.

Thank you for this thread..

I am currently on a 2.22.2xx but i think I can go to 2.20.
I depends how hard i drive over the curbs..
how much over the curb is legal? until the lap is red? because there are many place on some curbs...

Thanks...and have fun.

Mike

Hy Guys,

im pretty new in GT Academy and also GT...last year i played by a friend of me GT.
Now i bought my own ps3 an also GT6...for me ist the first time to really attemp on GT Academy..
My current round 2 time is 1.36.0xx but i tried not that offen.
I saw in Germany the final round will be just for 1 week...so i try to practice some different course and cars.

Thank you for this thread..

I am currently on a 2.22.2xx but i think I can go to 2.20.
I depends how hard i drive over the curbs..
how much over the curb is legal? until the lap is red? because there are many place on some curbs...

Thanks...and have fun.

Mike
GT Academy has always been a lot more stringent than anything. I think it's safe to assume that the tiniest bit of your car going off track will invalidate the lap once the actual challenge rolls out.

Thanks for sharing this, i'll give it a try later. I totally love this track since forever + one of my best online race i had on GT5 was here with a Ferrari 458 Italia vs a Skyline and after 10 laps i won for less than a second.

Great Idea Cargo! Cheers :embarrassed:

Quick 30 mins.. 2:19.912

Good combo... maybe they'll choose Racing tyres to reduce all this four wheel drifting?

I think this is a good video for everyone trying to get in the finals:

Has some good tips. (Especially from Jann.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back