2014 Formula 1 Russian Grand Prix

Graphically, the focal points of that design are the driver's buttocks.

Now some people may prefer that...

Funny thought, but in actuality I believe the main focal point is their faces. While their finely tuned butts are in the center, faces are things we naturally are rewarded for recognizing and paying attention to. We typically are more interested in faces than other body parts. Especially eyes. It's a primitive thing.

This is a bit of a strange one, Kobayashi apparently tweeted on his personal twitter page about a "scary" suspension defect in Russia:
_78403157_kobayashi_suspension.jpg

The piece was wrapped in carbon for the remainder of the weekend, but making something like this public (even if supposedly only to friends and family) won't help his cause if he means to continue the remainder of the season without being replaced...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29658585

I think this proves he is fed up with this joke of a team, who are clearly giving him the scraps compared to Ericsson in the last two races.

The piece was wrapped in carbon for the remainder of the weekend, but making something like this public (even if supposedly only to friends and family) won't help his cause if he means to continue the remainder of the season without being replaced..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29658585

That article says he didn't intend to make it public, it was only to friends and family (who aren't the public in this context).

But yes, there's something weird about the whole Kobayashi/Caterham relationship. I rate him as a natural driver in-the-right-moment but overall he hasn't seemed to be the full package.

I think this proves he is fed up with this joke of a team, who are clearly giving him the scraps compared to Ericsson in the last two races.

I wasn't aware that "Is Kobayashi Fed Up With This Joke Of A Team?" was one of the questions of the day, and if it were then I don't think this would prove it.

If his performance relative to Ericsson proves that he's getting the scraps (for whatever reason) then you'd have to wonder why Vettel is getting the same treatment from Red Bull.

I wasn't aware that "Is Kobayashi Fed Up With This Joke Of A Team?" was one of the questions of the day, and if it were then I don't think this would prove it.

If his performance relative to Ericsson proves that he's getting the scraps (for whatever reason) then you'd have to wonder why Vettel is getting the same treatment from Red Bull.

Not the same comparison, Redbull can easily afford to run two cars easily,so they wouldn't put their own WCC at Risk like that to make someone look ''good''. Caterham can't and they are putting more resources to one over another.

I feel bad for Kobayashi, he had some epic races back in the day and I'll never forget his first race (I think) at Brazil in 2009, such a great crazy run he had.
He wanted back into F1 so bad (I think) that he had blinkers on when it came to the team and wasn't able to properly see that the team he would be joining was essentially HRT 2 and that it would give him nothing but regret, especially becasue of the offer Stephano made him to stay in the Ferrari GT team in the WEC series (I believe thats what he raced in).

I hope he gets a better drive either next year or moves back to WEC without loosing too much... but I'm not sure :(

Posting this here because it's the last F1 thread that was alive :)

Sam Michael is to leave McLaren. Personally I think this is a good thing; I've nothing against the chap but I felt that Williams improved operationally when he left while McLaren suffered. I believe I've said as much here, probably many times :D

I wonder if Ron's eagle-eye has been resting on poor Sam's back, Ron may not be hands-on day-to-day but when he's in the garage his presence still appears mighty.

Goodness knows if THIS goes here or not... we could do with a dedicated F1 sub-forum :)

Caterham's doors are locked by the administrators. We knew that much already; this article just gives a little more detail on who disputes what.

It seems that the buyers of Caterham say they've paid for the shares but haven't received them. In turn Tony Fernandes says that the deal was to transfer the shares once they were paid for and once staff had been paid.

Until Fernandes transfers the shares the new owner (a Swiss investment company) say he's responsible for the team. Source. In the meantime Bernie has popped in to help, although he says he's not sure everbody's telling the truth. The difficulty for the F1 team (whoever or whatever they are now) is that while they admit they don't own the building they say their cars and IP are locked in there.

The argument is the point at which ownership is transferred; they're saying he hasn't transferred the shares that represent ownership. In that case there are no "new" owners.

He agrees he hasn't but says that this is because the buyers haven't fully completed the deal, most specifically with regard to staff wages.

Posting this here because it's the last F1 thread that was alive :)

Sam Michael is to leave McLaren. Personally I think this is a good thing; I've nothing against the chap but I felt that Williams improved operationally when he left while McLaren suffered. I believe I've said as much here, probably many times :D

I wonder if Ron's eagle-eye has been resting on poor Sam's back, Ron may not be hands-on day-to-day but when he's in the garage his presence still appears mighty.

Goodness knows if THIS goes here or not... we could do with a dedicated F1 sub-forum :)

Caterham's doors are locked by the administrators. We knew that much already; this article just gives a little more detail on who disputes what.

It seems that the buyers of Caterham say they've paid for the shares but haven't received them. In turn Tony Fernandes says that the deal was to transfer the shares once they were paid for and once staff had been paid.

Until Fernandes transfers the shares the new owner (a Swiss investment company) say he's responsible for the team. Source. In the meantime Bernie has popped in to help, although he says he's not sure everbody's telling the truth. The difficulty for the F1 team (whoever or whatever they are now) is that while they admit they don't own the building they say their cars and IP are locked in there.
Feel free to start new threads, in the motorsports forum, with an F1 tag. Neither of them have anything to do with the Russian GP.

Back