2014 Formula 1 Russian Grand Prix

They would need a special dispensation from the FIA to field a single car. Given the events in Suzuka, they would almost certainly get it. Even then, Bianchi's chassis is currently impounded pending the investigation, so they would need to use a spare tub with any available parts.
So the car is impounded and they may have to bring another one? What if they don't have it seeing as this qualifies as an extraordinary circumstance?

They typically have one or two backups with them at each race, so they should hopefully have one ready to go for Sochi.

That said, if they do want to only run one car (for whatever reason) they can claim force majure when talking to the FIA. Still, if they have another car and a spare driver, I can't see why they would.

My excitement for F1 has seriously dipped since Bianchi's crash, can't even make myself interested for this race.:indiff:

So the car is impounded and they may have to bring another one? What if they don't have it seeing as this qualifies as an extraordinary circumstance?
They usually have a third tub in case one of their usual tubs is written off.

Will they sell all the seats, or give them to townspeople to make it look sold out.

Will Vladmir Putin take off his shirt?

http://blogs.wsj.com/dispatch/2014/10/07/putin-on-his-birthday-depicted-as-hercules/

But on a more serious note, I am actually looking forward to the race. I feel like all the drivers are going to go out there with a lot of passion after last weekend's events. I think the best thing for the drivers and the fans is to get out there and do what they do best. Everyone needs their spirits lifted after the tragic events at Suzuka, and this is their chance to do it.

Really looking forward to how the Putin P section of the track plays out, looks very much like a bend that will drive like a straight in some regard. Best & most interesting segment of any new track in recent years in my opinion, should make for some great overtaking opportunities and give the tyres on one side a good workout.

Marussia wouldn't want to only field one car in their home country. Marussia. I always like coming to a new track, it's nice to see something different.

Is the track brand new?

Caise if it as and it rains it will be a tricky race since the track is fresh with not much rubber laid down

1914 Podium (Most recent Russian Grand Prix):
1st - W. Scholl - Benz
2nd - S. Ovsyannikov - Vauxhall
3rd - B. d'Argentine - Aquila Italiana

Something tells me W. Scholl wont be returning to defend his title. :lol:
Will Vladmir Putin take off his shirt?
You never know....This race has my attention, the walled in nature of the track gives it a Valencia like look on F1 2014. The track itself looks interesting (cant say I'm a fan of Russia) but the race should be a nice one to watch.

Aquila Italiana will have it's Russian GP podium streak broken as well.

Adam Cooper@adamcooperF127s
Saw a Sochi GP souvenir mug today with a field of Formula BMWs on one side and a 1988 Reynard F3 car on the other

...seems legit. :lol:

Last edited:
My excitement for F1 has seriously dipped since Bianchi's crash, can't even make myself interested for this race.:indiff:

Same here, last weekend has been awful for me as a F1 follower.

First the Vettel announcement killed all my hopes of seeing either Jules or the Hulk driving for Ferrari next year, then -by the looks of it- Alonso seems to have been outsmarted to and without a contract right now.

And then Jules horrifying crash... I just hope this GP will be without any major accident.

BzcRpq1CcAAlEXY.jpg

The only thing missing from the setup of his car is the talent in the seat which seems to have gone completely missing.

Back