2014 GTP 24 HEURES DU MANS [13:00 UTC 12 JULY]

• Thread starter AJ
  • 756 comments
So you just care about having the fastest car then? I thought of the free rules more as a way to get a wide variety of cars, not to make it in to a "pick the right car to win"-game.
No, i'm all about equality and level playing fields, thats why i mentioned that to cut out all the variables, there could just be 1 car per class...in all honesty, that is the best and simplist solution.

Me nope the Peogoet was my first pick and it was a good one in my mind. I ran a 3:29.5 without draft the other day.
No I mean BionicDerp who apparantly picked a GT car that ran at LMP pace. :P
No, i'm all about equality and level playing fields, thats why i mentioned that to cut out all the variables, there could just be 1 car per class...in all honesty, that is the best and simplist solution.
Sure but wouldn't be very much like Le Mans if everyone run the same car. ^^ Don't see the issue in letting everyone pick a car they like and then make them equal. :)

What about the teams that are all in the same house, are THEY GOING TO PULL INTO THE PITS AND SIMPLY SWITCH DRIVERS, OR ARE THEY GOING TO HAVE MULTIPLE PS3'S AND HAVE TO LEAVE THE ROOM THE SAME AS THE NETWORK TEAMS?
( SORRY FOR THE CAPS, MY TABLET MESSES UP SOMETIMES AND ITS REALLY ANNOYING)

Just how and who is making the call on BoP?
Im just trying to understand how this will take place. Each team has up to four different drivers with different skill levels so You cant really look at practice times and decide if a car is faster or not. Since these are tunable cars, a good tune vs a crappy tune on a track of this length can mean several seconds. I'm just trying to figure out how this BoP can be done. Also, why is it only on the GT+ and GT cars and not the LMP Cars? Im not complaining, just trying to understand how this will work

Switch drivers in the same house, 1 jumps out, the other gets in.
so if they dont have to leave the room lobby and rejoin, doesnt that put network teams at a serious disadvantage??? it can take quite some time to enter a room and get on the track...

Im just trying to understand how this will take place. Each team has up to four different drivers with different skill levels so You cant really look at practice times and decide if a car is faster or not. Since these are tunable cars, a good tune vs a crappy tune on a track of this length can mean several seconds. I'm just trying to figure out how this BoP can be done. Also, why is it only on the GT+ and GT cars and not the LMP Cars? Im not complaining, just trying to understand how this will work
Probably because the lower two classes are much more open to car choices, leading to a larger difference in lap times that purely LMP cars.

I'm guessing that each driver will do X number of laps, an average will be taken, and then the driver averages mashed together to get a team average lap time. It'll probably be enforced by weight additions or power limitations. Just a guess though.

so if they dont have to leave the room lobby and rejoin, doesnt that put network teams at a serious disadvantage??? it can take quite some time to enter a room and get on the track...

A full pit at the end of a run for a full tank of gas is going to take almost a minute before the driver gets control again. If there's enough communication, it shouldn't take much longer.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that each driver will do X number of laps, an average will be taken, and then the driver averages mashed together to get a team average lap time. It'll probably be enforced by weight additions or power limitations. Just a guess though.
I'm thinking a couple of impartial drivers (organisers maybe, or some lmp guys could help) will buy all the cars and test them to see if they're even and then adjust accordingly.

just asking, as i know every car is different.....if multiple different cars in the same class had the same horsepower and the same weight, wouldn't that kind of make it even?

Then how come the Peugeot 908 and Audi R18 were so closely matched in 2011.
Probably because those cars are regulated by more than just hp and weight? ^^ and that they are purpose built for the same exact track. Not like two completely different cars who just happen to have the same hp and weight. :P

Probably because those cars are regulated by more than just hp and weight? ^^ and that they are purpose built for the same exact track. Not like two completely different cars who just happen to have the same hp and weight. :P
But they did purpose build them to which means tuning them.

After this weekends races at Le Mans in WEC I wouldn't recommend running changeable weather.. The weather goes from 0 - 100% in half a lap and on slicks it's just impossible to drive over 60 %. It just becomes farcical with everyone struggling to even go straight.

Watch the end of the first part of tonight's live stream to see what I mean.
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/6022590/events/3079005/videos/53284454
thats what i was sayin the other day....i totally agree

After this weekends races at Le Mans in WEC I wouldn't recommend running changeable weather.. The weather goes from 0 - 100% in half a lap and on slicks it's just impossible to drive over 60 %. It just becomes farcical with everyone struggling to even go straight.

Watch the end of the first part of tonight's live stream to see what I mean.
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/6022590/events/3079005/videos/53284454
I may be wrong, but I believe that weather increase is affected by time progression. With the time progression set to just 1 for the 24 hour, whether would increase much more slowly.

I may be wrong, but I believe that weather increase is affected by time progression. With the time progression set to just 1 for the 24 hour, whether would increase much more slowly.

You're wrong, good sir. :lol:

I had fast time and 60 changeability on for my 3 hour session. Nothing happened. :lol:

Well, then! Can't be right 100% of the time :lol:

You're wrong, good sir. :lol:

I had fast time and 60 changeability on for my 3 hour session. Nothing happened. :lol:

I was referring to *if* the weather changes, the rate at which the track gets wet. I could have sworn I remembered the percentage of track water increasing much more slowly on a regular time progression, but perhaps that was just a different track, a different update... Or I'm just remembering incorrectly.

its not the time progression, the accumilation of water is the weather changability, 1 is in real time, any faster is totqlly unrealistic...either way, i prefer fixed weather

Back