2014 GTP 24 HEURES DU MANS [13:00 UTC 12 JULY]

• Thread starter AJ
  • 756 comments
06/06 Event Updates

1 - GT+ Balancing

Due to the event setup, we cannot automatically enforce any Balance of Performance (BoP) to the cars in LM GT+ or LM GT.
However, once all the entries are in Teams may be asked to make voluntary BoP adjustments, for the good of the event.
Based upon the calibre and reputation of our invitees, I do not foresee this being an issue.

2 - Free Run Vs Practice

Free Run enforces automatic ‘corner cutting’, Practice doesn’t.
Free Run only provides exaggerated slipstreaming, Practice allows this to be set to ‘real’.
Practice’s weather system works. I still can’t confirm Free Run’s does.

In my view the corner cutting penalties are too harsh, when running real lines, penalties are given. I think that we should be capable of governing this ourselves.

3 - 6 Hours of Silverstone & Spa

The threads for the practice events, which will be held on the 28th & 29th of June, are now up.
The idea is to have one ending late on Saturday evening (Europe) and the other ending early Sunday afternoon (Europe), which translates to Late Friday night (USA), and Sunday midday (USA).
All driver don’t have to take part in the same event, and teams don’t need to take part in both, but it would be nice to have every team represented, as then we could use them as qualifying sessions for the big one.
For those who have not uses this event system before (which is most teams), it will be a good opportunity to make sure laps are not lost at Le Mans due to silly procedural, non racing mistakes, which would be heartbreaking.

4 - PSN Friend Requests

Please can everyone make sure they are responding to friend requests. I may also be a good idea to add everyone taking part to your list, if you have room.

5 - Media Team

We are looking to form a team or no more than a half dozen, to run the media effort during the event, this would involve;

- collating driver posts to keep a lap and position tally
- commentate on the race broadcast
- keeping a record of the race’s key events, such as battles, lead changes, or weather changes.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM, it should be as much fun as the racing!

Edit - OP tidied up.

Last edited:
1 - GT+ Balancing

Due to the event setup, we cannot automatically enforce any Balance of Performance (BoP) to the cars in LM GT+ or LM GT.
However, once all the entries are in Teams may be asked to make voluntary BoP adjustments, for the good of the event.
Based upon the calibre and reputation of our invitees, I do not foresee this being an issue.

Just how and who is making the call on BoP?

balance of performance??? .........i thought we had a horse power and performance point max, and a weight minimum???......

Did someone say commentate the race? Ohh babbyy only the turtles know how good of an announcer I am! :lol: :lol:

Everyone good luck at the 6 hour race. And has anyone else seen the video that Audi made of there R18 TDI going to Porsches HQ and doing a burnout that said welcome back?

Last edited:
I was just looking at your signature and it's a lie S.N.A.I.L. is the best league out there:):):)
You only say that because you only race with snail and you can't leave or try something else just saying. Not arguing but I don't want to start something here

Look at my Sig again "One of the best" maybe not the best but its up there

Thanks

You only say that because you only race with snail and you can't leave or try something else just saying. Not arguing but I don't want to start something here

Look at my Sig again "One of the best" maybe not the best but its up there

Thanks
Just some friendly jabbing. Good luck.

balance of performance??? .........i thought we had a horse power and performance point max, and a weight minimum???......
There is a weight and power limit but then there will be some balancing so that the cars are pretty equal, would be pretty boring if one car was 10 seconds faster than the others in the class, takes out all the tension in the race. ;)

There is a weight and power limit but then there will be some balancing so that the cars are pretty equal, would be pretty boring if one car was 10 seconds faster than the others in the class, takes out all the tension in the race. ;)
then to avoid all issues, the event creator should have picked 3 base models , one per class. Then all we had to do is pick which class, color and number....and problem solved. example) 908 fap hdi base model lmp, mclaren f1 base model gt+ , nismo gtr gt3 basemodel gt.....

then to avoid all issues, the event creator should have picked 3 base models , one per class. Then all we had to do is pick which class, color and number....and problem solved. example) 908 fap hdi base model lmp, mclaren f1 base model gt+ , nismo gtr gt3 basemodel gt.....
But what fun would that have been? Much better to be able to chose from aaall the cars in GT6. :)

I think it's a pretty nice system, to let everyone chose a car they like and then make it so they're similar afterwards. You will be happy they're doing this if it turns out your car is much slower than everyone else ;)

What times are you getting with your cars? Don't have to say which if you haven't chosen yet, just loooking for a time to aim for in GT+.

i was just saying, if all the cars are going to be dumbed down and nerfed to make them equal, then i dont really care what car i drive, if you want things to be fair and square, just have everybody drive the same car per class, just saying.

So you just care about having the fastest car then? I thought of the free rules more as a way to get a wide variety of cars, not to make it in to a "pick the right car to win"-game.

Whoever picks the fastest car/has the most consistent drivers/has the best tuners will probably win. Le Mans is all about building the perfect racing machine. :D

Yeah it's always gonna be some of that, but some balancing i think is in order.. no fun if it's super uneven. ^^

Yeah it's always gonna be some of that, but some balancing i think is in order.. no fun if it's super uneven. ^^
thats why we are trying to find a car that would actually stay up with the McLaren F1.

Well, the car we built was apparently running LMP times, so we're switching. We're down to four or five cars now.

Secrecy Phish, secrecy. :P
Well that must have sucked building a great car and it not being a GT+ car.

Haha what did you pick first? the Nissan R390 or something like that?
Me nope the Peogoet was my first pick and it was a good one in my mind. I ran a 3:29.5 without draft the other day.

Back