2014 GTP NÜRBURGRING 6 HOUR & NORDSCHLEIFE 4 HOUR [9-16 NOV]

• Thread starter AJ
  • 261 comments
I know that both results aren't officially finalised but still... I have to say this:

That looks like a fantastic result overall for the GTORacing boys!! New bloods to this level of racing, and in both events we held our own! I'm so proud of everyone in the team for their contributions to the tips, testing, setups and feedback... and to all the positive and encouraging support we were getting all throughout.

Big, big well done to the drivers for their effort in practice, qualifying and the race, as well as to our Race Manager for giving us all the opportunity to participate! @DirtyNurbKing58 @NinjaEvo @azidahaka @WolfpackS2k @Timlour .... You legends! :D

I also want to say a massive well done to the GT3 and the rest of the GT Cup guys for a brilliant showing, and amidst some of the mishaps and altercations, for the most part the racing was fantastic. Overall the whole event from start to finish was the most tense, nerve-racking and exciting thing I have ever done!

Last edited:
Congrats (provisionallly) to our friends in Avalerion Racing for the GT3 Pro wins on both days! :cheers:

:cheers: to all other winners and podiums, and to everyone I personally encountered, I saw nothing but clean, respectful, fast racing. 👍

:bowdown: @AJ this was a huge undertaking and you did a great job. :)

To my teammates: Let's do another one. :gtpflag:

Well, the Green Hell Heathens had a most enjoyable race on both days and, echoing @Gravitron above, we can confirm that we also encountered clean and respectful racing. I personally had a question over one incident involving myself (in N6) but given the reports of our lagging it would be unwise to make anything of it because it was clearly not what it seemed - My screen showed clear fluid racing but obviously this was not the case for those around me in some instances.

Can I get confirmation that we were lag free in N4 please?

Again, HUGE thanks to @AJ for the event, the Heathens will be back but I do have one thing i would like to be considered: Can all regs and BoP please be finalised before the event is announced? I recommend using a private message stream with those kind folks who have been helping with testing to do so again, if they wish to participate, and then when it's all done announce it and away we all go 👍

To my participating team mates @WIDFO and @tedbullpit05 thank you for all the tuning, testing and your efforts on the day(s) :) This IS a great team capable of great things and you are both integral to that success 👍

To @TDZdave and @ItzRacing it was a pity you could not race on the weekend but you both still had input, Dave's tuning input & behind the scenes work especially, and I am looking forward to a week of testing before the CORE VLN kicks off this weekend.

Race one was interesting... We lagged and the track seemed 'sticky' and each driver was 1-3 seconds per lap off pace, we didn't crash seriously, drove smoothly and felt like we were doing well but we just could not go faster :confused: . I will say that we are NOT making excuses, we simply felt that the online track environment had shifted, or something, and it seriously felt different and slower for us. Drivers were: HP, WIDFO and Ted - All drove well but the results show 7th place, we loved the event and participating though (not every day you race in a room with @Famine watching either, no pressure there :eek: ) so we are still stoked to have been in the mix 👍

Race two was much better. We took this race on at the last minute, prep time was about two hours on track so it was always going to be a tough one, especially given the Lotus is not a car I have driven much.

Ted threw on a "TMT" (2 minute tune) on it and away we went to do some brief testing. We got the trans right, configured the rest to what was needed and hit the grid. A good smooth run for HP who started but a couple of instances saw minor damage but not a lot of time was lost so all up it went well until the handover to Ted who raced according to the GHH mantra for new drivers and "drove it like he stole it" and brought us home for a provisional win. Bloody great effort to bring us home Ted, you never gave up and drove hard, fair and fast which is what being part of GHH is all about!

Very proud of the lads, much respect to the other teams and a huge :bowdown: to AJ for another belter of an event(s) 👍

See you all on track soon 👍

HP

Race one was interesting... We lagged and the track seemed 'sticky' and each driver was 1-3 seconds per lap off pace, we didn't crash seriously, drove smoothly and felt like we were doing well but we just could not go faster :confused: . I will say that we are NOT making excuses, we simply felt that the online track environment had shifted, or something, and it seriously felt different and slower for us.

No wonder about that; the track temperature changes and grip feels different with time and hour. Reason i trained on the same exact time i would run my own stint in race ;)

Even setup need to be corrected a bit if weather is bad or at night due to more slippery road...

No wonder about that; the track temperature changes and grip feels different with time and hour. Reason i trained on the same exact time i would run my own stint in race ;)

Even setup need to be corrected a bit if weather is bad or at night due to more slippery road...
Yes indeed, that's why I also trained in race conditions.

It could be nothing, we just collectively felt that it felt different. This of course takes nothing away from other teams, we consider it an honour to be involved and to rub shoulders with such an outstanding collection of teams from the GTP community :)

Yes indeed, that's why I also trained in race conditions.

It could be nothing, we just collectively felt that it felt different. This of course takes nothing away from other teams, we consider it an honour to be involved and to rub shoulders with such an outstanding collection of teams from the GTP community :)

That was the mistake I made, practicing I didn't have the 40% weather on. Just glad I connected and on track in time to put some laps down in warm-up... :D 👍

I'd just like to thank everyone on behalf of the GORE-team. Everything went smoothly when it came to lapping cars (Except for maybe some nervous moments with damaged cars swerving a lot). Admittedly we didn't have much on track action at all after our disconnect on the way to the starting line.

That was probably the greatest bummer all race, as the first stint is the most exciting part of a race like this.

Got some great laps in the end but learned the lesson about having extra cars as a local team. No time to change oil between stops. :P

Still had a lot of fun and will do it again if we can find time in our busy schedules. ;)

You know, i need to throw out a huge thanks to PASM for throwing down that insane 7:56 qualifying time as well (in addition to DGriffin for his 8:00 lap). It really humbled me and forced us to look at our tune and figure out why we were so slow in Q1. Other than low fuel (which neither dolph or i were able to do in Q1 so we could both fit into the session on the only day we could qualify), something else had to be going on if these cars were supposedly equal.

I still don't know how those guys can drive the Audi that fast without wrecking (:lol:), other than sheer talent of course. BUT, their pace really motivated us to push and try to gain those extra few seconds a lap we seemed to be lacking. It definitely helped during the race over 4 hours. I don't think we could have finished where we did without the fine tuning we performed all week trying to get the most out of that Merc.

PASM, you certainly don't have to as i know some guys don't like to share things like this due to all the hard work they put in for it, but if you could PM me your Audi team Phoenix tune, i would love to try it out and see how it feels to me. It's your call whether you are comfortable sharing that or not. I have no tuning skills and I am always impressed how some guys can perfect that aspect of GT6.

Anyway, enough blowing praise your way. Just wanted to thank you and DGriffin for the motivation after Q1. :cheers:

POST EVENT UPDATE

We are now in the process of auditing the Full Provisional Results with the Team Mangers.

We expect to be able to publish the Final Results as part of the Collector's Program on Sunday.

Many thanks for your patience.

I can't wait to get a report on my black flag, but all in all I still had a blast like usual. Thank you organizers and drivers see you for the next grand prix.

Next time I'll be in a fast car instead of the slow car, and it will be my responsibility to do the passing which I do cleanly' :sly:👍

P.S. No more in MR's for me, unless we're talking Prototypes or FGT's! :)

image.jpg
I have one request for the next race.
Can we please remove that ugly sick coloured Range Rover as the safety car and replace it with this :D:D:D

Licensing issues probably :(
F1 probably has the licencing for their games for a SLS safety car, but still... A little annoying. At least now we have one that's new though... Last one I saw was the skylines...

POST EVENT UPDATE - 23 NOV

The N6 Event Program has now been published, which contains the Final Results from the Race.

It can be downloaded as a PDF, or can be viewed inline.

Just click on one of the Program covers to start flicking through, or click the spoiler button to quickly select a page.

When browsing inline, right click and 'open new tab/page for full resolution.

Publication of the N4 Event Program is expected on Monday.

Has the driver grading been updated?

The Driver Ratings showed in the program are pre event ratings.

I will publish the post event ratings separately, sometime next week.

Back