2014 Italian Grand Prix

bank-on-wheels-580.jpg

Max Chilton has... well, you know.

My hopes for Monza? Lewis Hamilton receiving his well deserved karma for stirring up a hate train towards his own team mate over a mistake that, as stupid as was, was obviously an accident. Also hoping for another Rosberg victory, just to wind him up further! :lol:

Would you blame Mercedes for stirring up the hate train? They saw it fit to give Nico a six figure fine. I love how no matter what Lewis does he always comes off worse in some peoples eyes, he was hit by Rosberg and reacted quite mildly given what Nico said and he's the bad guy? Is Nico going to get his well deserved karma for blaming the booing solely on British fans?

Would you blame Mercedes for stirring up the hate train? They saw it fit to give Nico a six figure fine. I love how no matter what Lewis does he always comes off worse in some peoples eyes, he was hit by Rosberg and reacted quite mildly given what Nico said and he's the bad guy? Is Nico going to get his well deserved karma for blaming the booing solely on British fans?
That's the blooming point! Nico didn't say what Lewis quoted him to have said. What he actually said is that he made such a risky attempt at an overtake to 'make a point'. Niki Lauda and Toto Wolff confirmed that was what was actually said by Nico. But A'hole Hamilton, being the cry-baby he is, bent Nico's words to fuel a hate train, in a petty attempt for some sort of revenge! Just pathetic. He had the right to be annoyed at Nico for making such a stupid error of judgement, but he had no right to go that far.

Nico made a stupid move, blames British fans for booing, Hamilton makes a single comment in an interview which is a slight yet understandable misinterpretation of what Nico said and he's stirring up a hate train and Rosberg is forgiven. Both guys were in the wrong but the bad karma goes to Hamilton.

Not sporting that my word is the word of god, but Nico should have further elaborated his "making a point" statement IMO. It's like the Floyd Mayweather/50 Cent fiasco. Watch what you say. Both are wrong like stated above.

Nico made a stupid move, blames British fans for booing, Hamilton makes a single comment in an interview which is a slight yet understandable misinterpretation of what Nico said and he's stirring up a hate train and Rosberg is forgiven. Both guys were in the wrong but the bad karma goes to Hamilton.
Yes. Because Rosberg at least took the blame for the incident, and apologized. Yet Lewis continued to fuel the hate train. Had Lewis said sorry by now for what he had said about Rosberg, then I'd agree with you. But the fact is he hasn't. Because he always has to be the victim! :rolleyes:

As for Mercedes fining Rosberg, they only did so because they felt his recklessness had damaged the team/brand image. Not because there was anything malicious going on.

Predictions for this weekend:

Mercedes 1-2 in practice; Rosberg and Hamilton trade top spots
During qualifying, Hamilton's car with him in it will be abducted by a UFO that looks like the Mercedes logo with Rosberg-esque creatures on-board, forcing another poor grid spot. :crazy:
At the start, Rosberg runs away from pole position while Hamilton gets Maldonado'd entering the first chicane.
Rosberg wins easily, with Daniel Ricciardo 2nd and Fernando Alonso rounding out the podium.

Another race weekend, another chance to play "What problems will Hamilton face this time?"

a. Mechanical
b. Accident
c. Bad Pit Stop/Strategy
d. Rosberg
e. Other mishap
f. Nothing at all

Make your picks! This time, I will take b at Lap 1 Turn 1 by a Red Bull.

Another race weekend, another chance to play "What problems will Hamilton face this time?"

a. Mechanical
b. Accident
c. Bad Pit Stop/Strategy
d. Rosberg
e. Other mishap
f. Nothing at all

C

About Hamilton vs Rosberg I will say that very early it became clear that Hamilton kept trying to unsttle Rosberg. And that in itself was a sign of weakness. The 'jibes' happened often, be it when Hamilton, during his winning streak, said that he needed to win by a bigger margin. I shook my head at such a blunder, supppse Rosberg must have just smiled. Then we had the 'hunger' statement about a Stevenage boy vs a Monaco child. Then we had the 'he's no german' before the ... german GP. I wasnt surprised when he mentioned what Ros had said in the intra team meeting, he had done worse (tweeting telemetry is in fact far, far worse).

I do believe Hamilton to be one of the most talented current F1 drivers. However, he really has a weakness, and I'm still not sure what is 'problem' is, my best gues is that he feels entitled to a lot more, and wronged because or when he doesn't get it. So he looks for answers, and finds them in telemetry data, in teams meetings, in social background, whatever. Then he feels compelled to share these findings with the world.

Time will iron out this peculiarity I am sure. And I concede that I may be totally wrong in my views. But thats how I read the signs he keeps (abundantly) giving the fans of this sport.

Last edited:
Let's hope they hit faster than 210mph at the end of the straights this year.

Ideally we would be back to 225-230mph, but that's probably asking too much at this point.

Let's hope they hit faster than 210mph at the end of the straights this year.

Ideally we would be back to 225-230mph, but that's probably asking too much at this point.

That all depends on laptimes...if they are quicker in 1 lap with less downforce they will hit faster topspeeds.And vice versa ofcourse...

I am sure some in the midfield will compromise this to be in overtaking positions during the race,others wont,especially if they think they will suffer from tyre deg due to the low downforce...

Free practice will be interesting for sure,to see them trying out these different setups!!

I remember a few years ago Button started in midfield and drove with an unusual high downforce setup,in the beginning of the race he was overtaken by almost the entire field,but due to his tires holding up much better(only 1 pitsop as opp to the fields 2)he managed to end up on the podium...and he was ofcourse much much quicker thru the lesmos and on brakes for chicanes!

Cant remember unfortunately wich year this was....am getting old ... lol.

Cant wait for fp tomorrow!

Spy.

@spyrrari I remember the F-Duct on the 2010 McLaren allowed them to run a larger rear wing:

d10ita1668.jpg

Button started and finished second place though...
Both McLarens went different ways. JB had the high downforce wing with the F Duct and Hamilton had the smaller wing without it.

Don't have many shots of Hamiltons because he crashed out so early.

hami_mcla_prac_monz_2010.jpg

Yeah maybe you guys are right... my memory isn't wat it used to be :crazy:

Anyway,hope to see simullar strategies this year,could be a great race 👍

Spy.

But A'hole Hamilton, being the cry-baby he is, bent Nico's words to fuel a hate train, in a petty attempt for some sort of revenge! Just pathetic.

Why are the Hamilton haters always so abusive and full of hyperbole?

Anyway, interested to see the top speeds on low fuel and DRS, and also the transmission lengths on some of the teams. Won't Mexico next year be the best track to see these car's top speeds? Fast final corner leading on to a huge straight if I remember, unless it has changed substantially over the years.

I guess we'll find out if Mercedes still have braking issues here and we'll see a clearer difference between the power units.
Fast final corner leading on to a huge straight if I remember, unless it has changed substantially over the years.
Apparently it's 1.2 km and will be a part of the 2015 GP, about the same as the back straight at Shanghai and the longest straight at Yeongnam.

Last edited:
I expect Mercedes to just run away with this, if they can keep it together and nothing strange happens in qualification.

Maybe they will finally use 8th gear. :lol:

a. Mechanical
b. Accident
c. Bad Pit Stop/Strategy
d. Rosberg
e. Other mishap
f. Nothing at all

f. Hopefully, dude`s had an awfull amount of bad luck this season...

Mercedes 1-2 (providing Hamilton makes his peace with the racing gods). Expecting a Williams on the second row. Here's to hoping we have a clean entertaining fight for the win this time.

Hamilton is laying the groundwork for another media play - the top story on Autosport has him doubting the FIA's ability to police the rules. It's come from left-field, so he's clearly setting something up to use later if he needs it.

He was asked some awkward questions and basically said that their is a fine line and it's hard to judge these sort of incidents, he was never coming out of that conference without an Autosport headline.

"I think the FIA have a really tough job and particularly over the last couple of years they have done an exceptional job on a majority of the calls," he said, when asked if the FIA needed to look into such incidents more.

Their problem is that the scenario is always different so the same rule doesn't always apply exactly - sometimes it is difficult to say which rules apply to what situation."

I remember a few years ago Button started in midfield and drove with an unusual high downforce setup,in the beginning of the race he was overtaken by almost the entire field,but due to his tires holding up much better(only 1 pitsop as opp to the fields 2)he managed to end up on the podium...and he was ofcourse much much quicker thru the lesmos and on brakes for chicanes!

Cant remember unfortunately wich year this was....am getting old ... lol.

Spy.

I believe you're talking about 2011, JB started 3rd, dropped back at the start (7th or something like that) and finished 2nd at the end. Although I remember the difference between his car and Hamilton's was the gear ratio for 7th gear.

I expect Mercedes to just run away with this, if they can keep it together and nothing strange happens in qualification.

Maybe they will finally use 8th gear. :lol:
They already used it in Spa https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_tf8ZJxQw90VHdiV3RRNlk3U2M/edit

(@51:30)

Also, big changes at Ferrari apparently

https://twitter.com/f1fanatic_co_uk/status/507643041054601216

Back