2014 New Zealand / Australia General Discussion

And this reminds me, the Altimas are able to run in the DVS series next year. But Cox would have made an announcement if that was on the table.

Hey guys,

Yeah that was episode 1 of 4. Episode 1 will be repeated this Friday morning at 9am (check local guides).

New episodes will be 6pm Saturday and then replayed early afternoon Sunday.

All on OneHD.

Hey guys,

Yeah that was episode 1 of 4. Episode 1 will be repeated this Friday morning at 9am (check local guides).

New episodes will be 6pm Saturday and then replayed early afternoon Sunday.

All on OneHD.
Pretty crazy how it happens exactly like you said lol.

Atleast we can see it all now.

Yeah I've heard nothing as yet either - didn't the 2014 Academy begin during April? If so it's getting really close.

7drHiqr.gif

Hi Josh (and others),

hoping someone in the know can help clarify this (possibly from other GTAcademy series around the world): I'm wondering if people that have previously 'made the cut' — ie. qualified to enter the Racecamp — are eligible to make it through again?

What I'm getting at is that last year, after all was said and done, my qualification time on the PS3 put me 16th, and the top 14 made it through (I missed out by 42/1000 of a sec. Gutted? Yeah).

So if you're following me, are those same 14 qualifiers ineligible to make it though again? Are my chances a bit better this year :P

OR, if those people ARE eligible to enter again, is there a cut off of how far though they made it into the competition at which they are cut off? Eg. the top 6 finalists cannot enter again but anyone 'below' that can?

Thanks for any help on this!

Aside from that, I'm very happy Nissan and the GT crew are bringing this back here to Australia so soon. It's clear there is immense talent in this country and we do love out motorsport here, so it's great to see this competition back again.

PS: a belated congrats to you Josh on your results last year. Most think you should've won it and I agree.
Cheers.

Hi Josh (and others),

hoping someone in the know can help clarify this (possibly from other GTAcademy series around the world): I'm wondering if people that have previously 'made the cut' — ie. qualified to enter the Racecamp — are eligible to make it through again?

What I'm getting at is that last year, after all was said and done, my qualification time on the PS3 put me 16th, and the top 14 made it through (I missed out by 42/1000 of a sec. Gutted? Yeah).

So if you're following me, are those same 14 qualifiers ineligible to make it though again? Are my chances a bit better this year :P

OR, if those people ARE eligible to enter again, is there a cut off of how far though they made it into the competition at which they are cut off? Eg. the top 6 finalists cannot enter again but anyone 'below' that can?

Thanks for any help on this!

Aside from that, I'm very happy Nissan and the GT crew are bringing this back here to Australia so soon. It's clear there is immense talent in this country and we do love out motorsport here, so it's great to see this competition back again.

PS: a belated congrats to you Josh on your results last year. Most think you should've won it and I agree.
Cheers.
Only those that made it to silverstone are ineligible, so most of those people are able to do it again.

As of now only Dan Holland and the 6 that made it to silverstone last year are not able to do it again.

Cheers.

Thanks mate. Still hurts to this day, and will for a long time. Unfortunately you're not always in control of your own destiny. I found that out the hard way.

mef
Before I get my hopes up, does this include New Zealand? We deserve a shot down here too

No NZ sorry mate

How do New Zealanders apply? If it's an international GT academy I don't understand why I haven't heard if it includes NZ

Back