2014 Rolex Australian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 1,519 comments
This as well, but are you saying I think it's unfair? Cause I think it's perfectly fair as I just said to @F1 fan and RBR deserve to lose out early on the WCC

More like Red Bull thought it was unfair. That's why they were defiant of the technical delegate's suggestions.

They complained about the sensor and apparently didn't like the readings from the second one, either, so they decided to go all "our way or the highway" on it.

I would have grabbed the sensor off of Seb's car to check what it said, to be sure. Hell, the FIA should keep a box of these things handy. Let each team have several just to check.

Oh, poor Lewis. But most of all poor Vettel. He gets all the bad luck supposedly

Lewis really has rotten luck, and it's cost him quite a bit over the years. He had enough in 2012 to cost him a championship, since in 2012 he was the fast car/driver to beat but retired from nearly one in three races due to no fault of his own. Well, I think there was one incident where people felt he was partially, though not entirely to blame, but the rest were just the fates deciding to screw Lewis over again.

This really sucks for Lewis because I wouldn't be at all surprised if Red Bull end up back on top as the season progresses and right now is when the other guys like Mercedes need to be taking advantage of RB not starting off on top, but retiring with mechanical unreliability isn't getting it done. Mercedes clearly had the top car by far and really should have taken a clear one-two sweep of the podium but instead only one of their drivers stood up there while the other one got nothing. Going into the race I was cautiously optimistic that Lewis might finally get an overdue second title win but getting zero points right out the gate is making that look very unrealistic right away. It would likely take him several races of outperforming Nico just to catch up with Nico, let alone leading a championship.

Sorry Lewis. Maybe 2015? Oh, never mind. Red Bull will likely have the best car on day one again next year so...

awful noise sound
awful noise design
awful ugly design car overall
boring race
complicated rules that make F1 drivers as engineer on the track
consummation, DRS, ERS, KERS, Turbo V6 engineering motor, brake by ware...
what friggin joke
huge fan from F1 in the 90's, now F1 its being even slower than GP2

awful noise sound
awful noise design
boring race
what friggin joke
What about the higher torque which is making the cars dance around more? It's a nice break from the on-rails racing that we've seen in recent years.

awful noise sound
awful noise design
boring race
what friggin joke
There's your problem. We're not in the 90's anymore, pal.

Lewis really has rotten luck, and it's cost him quite a bit over the years. He had enough in 2012 to cost him a championship, since in 2012 he was the fast car/driver to beat but retired from nearly one in three races due to no fault of his own. Well, I think there was one incident where people felt he was partially, though not entirely to blame, but the rest were just the fates deciding to screw Lewis over again.

This really sucks for Lewis because I wouldn't be at all surprised if Red Bull end up back on top as the season progresses and right now is when the other guys like Mercedes need to be taking advantage of RB not starting off on top, but retiring with mechanical unreliability isn't getting it done. Mercedes clearly had the top car by far and really should have taken a clear one-two sweep of the podium but instead only one of their drivers stood up there while the other one got nothing. Going into the race I was cautiously optimistic that Lewis might finally get an overdue second title win but getting zero points right out the gate is making that look very unrealistic right away. It would likely take him several races of outperforming Nico just to catch up with Nico, let alone leading a championship.

Sorry Lewis. Maybe 2015? Oh, never mind. Red Bull will likely have the best car on day one again next year so...
One race in and you're writing off his title chances. :rolleyes:

There are lots of points left to be scored yet. Not to mention the double points on offer for the last race.

And I don't think RB will be at their best for at least half the season. They'll almost certainly not catch up to Mercedes if they continue to develop their already quicker car.

awful noise sound
awful noise design
boring race
what friggin joke
So much generalizations.

So much incorrectness.

awful noise sound
awful noise design
boring race
what friggin joke

- Hello?

- Yes, this is advancement of technology speaking.

I'm almost thinking that Vettel won't sign with Red Bull again. I really am. Vettel and Hamilton should at least have consistent cars which are capable of finishing, so that they can challenge for the win... And, seeing Vettel's teammate disqualified... I don't think he'll be happy at all.

drivers under drove this race and you know what, FIA sensor was inaccurate to determine the right amount of consumed fuel
most of team if not all, expressed theirs drivers to being more slower again
what the purpose of racing?
being the fastest on the track
with FIA its turned into being the slowest in order to save fuel, tyre, engine motor...

drivers under drove this race and you know what, FIA sensor was inaccurate to determine the right amount of consumed fuel
with FIA its turned into being the slowest in order to save fuel, tyre, engine motor...
It's called 'challenge'. Being fastest while also keeping the car from running out of petrol. Embrace 21st century F1 and move on.

In order to be the fastest, drivers must learn to adapt to the changes which puts even more pressure on them.
Some of the changes have put more emphasis on driver ability, particularly with the higher torque that the drivers must cope with when exiting a corner.

Every racing series on Earth has drivers and teams slowing down to save fuel, tires and engines. Except perhaps pro-drag racing, where they only have to race a few seconds at a time and can rebuild motors every few passes.

awful noise sound

Not if you value your hearing.

awful noise design

Granted, unless you like vacuum cleaners... :lol:

Not if you're Mercedes, Williams or Red Bull. You know what they say about fast cars? They're usually pretty. Which means life sucks if you're Lotus.

boring race

Nearly half the field wiped out, dozens of overtakes, the drivers fighting for traction on every single lap... on-track castration, anal penetration and Finn abuse... that was boring?

There's a reason Fernando Alonso gets paid more than either of us. And it's not because of his ego.

what friggin joke

No, that would be Lotus' twitter feed.

No. Not really.

I'm almost thinking that Vettel won't sign with Red Bull again. I really am. Vettel and Hamilton should at least have consistent cars which are capable of finishing, so that they can challenge for the win... And, seeing Vettel's teammate disqualified... I don't think he'll be happy at all.
It was the first race of the season with completely new cars/tech...

And the Aussie public cheering for Vettle failing is pretty frustranting as well. Imagine that in every single track. I agree with @ITCC_Andrew.

Which I also don't understand. Sure, he wins a lot, but so did Schumacher. I don't recall Schumacher being boo'd.
Do people honestly think that Red Bull is a better team? At this stage, they're almost worse-off than Lotus. :lol:

I kinda feel like if it was any other team that had a driver go over the fuel rate limit, that driver would only get a time penalty.

Which I also don't understand. Sure, he wins a lot, but so did Schumacher. I don't recall Schumacher being boo'd.
Do people honestly think that Red Bull is a better team? At this stage, they're almost worse-off than Lotus. :lol:

Nah not really. As a Lotus fan I have to say they pretty rubbish and can't finish a damn race. Our commentators were saying that was an actual race simulation for the Lotus. But Red Bull won't be at the top of their game this year.

Wow, just heard about this. I hope it wasn't intentional

About the boo'ing or Ricciardo DQ?

--------

Another thing that really bothered me was the fact we can't get rid of the german national anthem somehow. Vettel was out but we other leading the race like it was him. I just hope it won't be like this for the rest of the season

Back