2014 Round 1 - Nissan Leaf G @ Brands Hatch Indy *GTP Leaderboard*

  • Thread starter Thread starter hognhominy
  • 595 comments
  • 52,359 views
DR_ingo5
DR_ingo5
DS3 controller
1:03.803

Dose anyone know where a UK Leader board is please?????
 
lol I had a strange dream tonight where I was watching the last years GT Academy group playing in the same room in this first round of GTA 2014 and suddenly @BanditKarter22 smashed the leaderboard and got a 1:02.300 :D and I said
- he must be glitching somewhere
and when watching the replay in the end of the lap he was driving through the pit wall on the inside and dissapered.. then I woke up... strange dreams I have...
 
lol I had a strange dream tonight where I was watching the last years GT Academy group playing in the same room in this first round of GTA 2014 and suddenly @BanditKarter22 smashed the leaderboard and got a 1:02.300 :D and I said
- he must be glitching somewhere
and when watching the replay in the end of the lap he was driving through the pit wall on the inside and dissapered.. then I woke up... strange dreams I have...

:lol:👍
 
23.767
41.533

These are my splits, got me a 1'03.270, definitely not much more time left on the controller.

Not too bad I don't think for 2 days worth on the combo (albeit quite a few hours on both of these days!) Bring on the next combo!
 
I've thrown away about 30 1:02.9s in the past 3 hours. :banghead::banghead:

Then the one you nail will be the 1:02.8 we're waiting for 👍
 
Down to a 1.03.599 tonight. Time is creeping down. I keep thinking I'm getting close to my limit but even now I can still see where I'm losing a ton more time. I'm always .3 off tidgneys ghost at sector 2 so I'm losing .2 in the last corner. I just need to find the right line through there. I find it strange that I'm still enjoying running this combo so much!
 
Just improved by 0.048 put me 200th in world massively happy with that and puts me some where in top 40 Brits big thanks to @oink83 your YouTube video helped tremendously in me achieving this time.

1:03.334 skyline_catt1683 skyline1683
 
In case anyone was wondering, as of this morning around 7:30 am ET, there were a total of 95577 register PSN entries for Round 1. My 11 year old took a lap about as slow as he could to see if he could get last. He failed, as someone else must have had the same idea and had a time in the 3:30 range.

Update:

As of 4:30 pm ET today, there are 148591 entries.
 
Ok you can erase number 38. Now I improved my time to 1:03.476 Ramalhinho 91 Ramalhinho 91
I'm loosing too much time on Graham Hill, definitely the worst corner on the circuit for me...
 
Because I'm really bored and too tired to lap, I'm going to see how slow I can go. 10mins in and I'm entering T1 :p
 
very skill
so dangerous
super speed
wow

I know, it's too much for me but I'll be brave ;)

EDIT: Got to 35 mins before my lap was DQ'd coming out of Druids, I think that's enough of that :lol:
 
Last edited:
My time with G27, TCS Off, Abs 1
1:04.245 RaNze SerEalkilla1
 
Last edited:
psn, Hawgwild17. best time so far with my bum hand and ds3 is a 1:03.885 abs1 sensitive 2. Just ran a 1:03.837
 
Last edited:
1:03.935 velly velster
Not bad for a first attempt :)
 
lol I had a strange dream tonight where I was watching the last years GT Academy group playing in the same room in this first round of GTA 2014 and suddenly @BanditKarter22 smashed the leaderboard and got a 1:02.300 :D and I said
- he must be glitching somewhere
and when watching the replay in the end of the lap he was driving through the pit wall on the inside and dissapered.. then I woke up... strange dreams I have...
I'll try that later this week... ;)

My time so far is 1:03.043 if the OP can add it to the leaderboard?
 
I followed ghosts, I analysed the replay data(s) in datalogger, I practiced 9 more hours, and Cannot for the life of me acheive sub 1.03.990 anymore, sucks to be me! overanalising is the wrong approach for me. sliding out of bounds all over the track now, grr arg. This game understeers way to damn much! I wish I could sit down next to someone else that plays a fast(er) lap using my rig. Maybe , maybe I just need to dispose of the rolling office chair I sit on to play.

my consistent laptimes did improve though with ABS on 0, rather than 1. but so did my rate of errors, perhaps just need to come back to it another time.
 
I followed ghosts, I analysed the replay data(s) in datalogger, I practiced 9 more hours, and Cannot for the life of me acheive sub 1.03.990 anymore, sucks to be me! overanalising is the wrong approach for me. sliding out of bounds all over the track now, grr arg. This game understeers way to damn much! I wish I could sit down next to someone else that plays a fast(er) lap using my rig. Maybe , maybe I just need to dispose of the rolling office chair I sit on to play.

my consistent laptimes did improve though with ABS on 0, rather than 1. but so did my rate of errors, perhaps just need to come back to it another time.

May I suggest taking a look and @oink83 or @Tidgney lap break down videos both have helped me take 0.3 off my time and I sit in the top 250 because of the tips and break down of each corner of the track.

I'd also suggest stick to abs1 untill you are at a comfortable and consistent pace theres no need to go all out for that perfect lap straight away soon as you load up the game build up slowly lap after lap and get in to a rhythm and relax which will in turn result in you bringing your lap time down driving frustrated just leads to more mistakes.
 
I'd also suggest stick to abs1 untill you are at a comfortable and consistent pace theres no need to go all out for that perfect lap straight away soon as you load up the game build up slowly lap after lap and get in to a rhythm and relax which will in turn result in you bringing your lap time down driving frustrated just leads to more mistakes.
Especially with this car, it requires very smooth driving to be fast!
 
thank you for the video tips, good luck on achieving 1:02:995.

thanks for pointing out the double paved rumble strip for the left hander, that's where I'll find much time. to date, my exit speed was a mere 57.25 mph
 
I followed ghosts, I analysed the replay data(s) in datalogger, I practiced 9 more hours, and Cannot for the life of me acheive sub 1.03.990 anymore, sucks to be me! overanalising is the wrong approach for me. sliding out of bounds all over the track now, grr arg. This game understeers way to damn much! I wish I could sit down next to someone else that plays a fast(er) lap using my rig. Maybe , maybe I just need to dispose of the rolling office chair I sit on to play.

my consistent laptimes did improve though with ABS on 0, rather than 1. but so did my rate of errors, perhaps just need to come back to it another time.

I have found I get my best laptimes after taking a little break from it. After that I get too into overanalysing, braking a little later or accelerating earlier and mucking the lap up.

I had a huge facepalm moment today. I'm on 1:03.716 and have a fastest friend on 1:03.2??. Going into the final bend I was leading his ghost for the first time and of course I blew it. Straight into the sand. Time for a little break after that one. I'm really enjoying it though.
 
Hats off to the top drivers. I wouldn't be competitive without your laps to study.
103.446 103.402 tmsmiffs tmsmiffs
 
Last edited:
If someone joins late (in 3 weeks for example) will the first rounds be locked or will they still be open till the deadline of the last round.
 
If someone joins late (in 3 weeks for example) will the first rounds be locked or will they still be open till the deadline of the last round.
I think they'll all be open till the end.
 
Back