2014 Round 1 - Nissan Leaf G @ Brands Hatch Indy *GTP Leaderboard*

  • Thread starter Thread starter hognhominy
  • 595 comments
  • 52,355 views
1:04.325 yesbossdodd, GTP_yesbossdodd

It will be getting quicker though, been using replays to shave off those tenths here and there. A lot of time still to be found in turns 2&3 for me mainly..
 
Is ABS off faster than at 1? It seems like more people are improving their times with ABS off now.
 
i haven't done the TT with a wheel yet but I get the sense that having ABS off allows you to rotate the car almost like you were using the e-brake.

You can probably apply less braking force too and let the tyres slip angle slow the car down to the correct speed as opposed to waiting for the brakes to do all the slowing down for you...this is all in theory of course...I should probably give this TT a quick go before the next round shows up :p
 
Last edited:
1.03.743 bslate3 GTP bslate3. Now if only I could get a good clean run thru the last turn...
 
Ok...I'm at 1:04.203... with buttons....I need a wheel bad: looking at one at the moment. Can anyone figure out why I'm losing a full second plus somewhere between Surtees-McLaren and Clearways? Am I scraping that much speed because of the directional buttons? or is it possible that my exit speed off Graham hill is too slow? I'm .400 seconds slow until graham hill, then it just dies.
 
1:03.895 RaNze SerEalkilla1

RaNze replaced Raneman
 
Last edited:
Ok...I'm at 1:04.203... with buttons....I need a wheel bad: looking at one at the moment. Can anyone figure out why I'm losing a full second plus somewhere between Surtees-McLaren and Clearways? Am I scraping that much speed because of the directional buttons? or is it possible that my exit speed off Graham hill is too slow? I'm .400 seconds slow until graham hill, then it just dies.

What is your apex speed at Graham hill?

Also if you want a wheel, i recommend a logitech G27
 
I'm going from 69 down to 55 at the apex.
 
Took yesterday off from the Leaf and then today decided to watch @oink83's tutorial video. The only thing I took away that I wanted to try (compared to @Tidgney) was to trail brake coming into Clearways and boy did it work for me. I think it helped in 2 ways. First, it helped rotate the car better for me towards the apex. Second, it forced me to get on the gas a little sooner than I was previously. Thanks @oink83!

Within 4 laps, I went from 1:03.923 to 1:03.762, when I was 0.007 off pace at the 2nd sector. So I cut .168 off the final sector.

KTR5
CoachMK21
1:03.762
 
Well, I finally decided to download Holland's ghost, and now I'm really irritated. I'm faster than him in T1, then lose 0.3 in T2, lose another 0.5-0.7 in T3, and then am as fast as him in the back stretch. Ugh. -_-
 
JJLopez427 / GTMX_JJLopez427

I just got 1:03.640, now 15 in Mexico.
 
1:03.947 gnorman GTP_YodaTheCat

My wheel FF comes in and out and was just about to give up on using it so am very happy with that time. Only a second off the top :)
 
Took yesterday off from the Leaf and then today decided to watch @oink83's tutorial video. The only thing I took away that I wanted to try (compared to @Tidgney) was to trail brake coming into Clearways and boy did it work for me. I think it helped in 2 ways. First, it helped rotate the car better for me towards the apex. Second, it forced me to get on the gas a little sooner than I was previously. Thanks @oink83!

Within 4 laps, I went from 1:03.923 to 1:03.762, when I was 0.007 off pace at the 2nd sector. So I cut .168 off the final sector.

KTR5
CoachMK21
1:03.762

That's the fun thing about clearways really, there's so many ways to take it that it's specific to driving style :)! Nice work on the improvements :).
 
finally have time to do a proper session. 1'03.421
 
Would you guys recommend no abs and where do you use the handbrake.
 
To be fair, it takes skill to use the handbrake. I tried, I can't pull it off.
 
Maybe so but

I believe it takes more skill to get a fast time without the handbrake personally
Not really. The handbrake just allows us to effectively change the brake bias whilst we're going around a corner. In the hairpin here it is very useful because the car tends to understeer as you trail brake into the corner.
 
Not really. The handbrake just allows us to effectively change the brake bias whilst we're going around a corner. In the hairpin here it is very useful because the car tends to understeer as you trail brake into the corner.
Pretty much the same result with lift off oversteer if u get it right. I hear u cant use the handbrake if u get through tho so thats the main reason im practicing without mine.
 
Pretty much the same result with lift off oversteer if u get it right. I hear u cant use the handbrake if u get through tho so thats the main reason im practicing without mine.
Lift off oversteer doesn't seem to work for me into the hairpin unless I switch off ABS, but I can't seem to find a braking point then. I used the handbrake in the national finals last year and nobody said anything about it...
 
Lift off oversteer doesn't seem to work for me into the hairpin unless I switch off ABS, but I can't seem to find a braking point then. I used the handbrake in the national finals last year and nobody said anything about it...
O right i thought tidgney said u couldnt? I may be wrong.
 
Forgot to add this earlier for @hognhominy for the OP.

Update:
As of 3:30 pm ET today(4/30/14 19:30UTC), there are 174,561 entries
 
Back