2014 Round 1 - Nissan Leaf G @ Brands Hatch Indy *GTP Leaderboard*

• Thread starter hognhominy
  • 595 comments
Dont think il make national finals anyway lol ... But im trying :)

Were you running on the 'ring online 550pp in GT5, mostly using a BMW M3 CSL? Your username sound familiar.

There was no rule against it, and I wasn't disqualified. I wouldn't recommend using it in the national finals unless you have mastered using it though.

There's been alot of warnings in the past about touching anything on the wheel so you were quite lucky from using it! 2012, they literally said you can't touch a thing on the wheel apart from the camera.

1:03:375 after the lap i noticed i had TCS at 5. Now trying with it off. Should be ablet shave off a tenth. The car feels different now.

There's been alot of warnings in the past about touching anything on the wheel so you were quite lucky from using it! 2012, they literally said you can't touch a thing on the wheel apart from the camera.

At the 2013 finals, I didn't remember hearing any warnings about handbrake use. Either they relaxed the rules last year, or they simply forgot to say "don't use the handbrake". If they forgot to mention it, they certainly couldn't enforce it in case someone wasn't aware of it.

It takes skill to use properly the handbrake, but it takes even more skill to don't use it and achieve the same time, the use of the handbrake is for force the car rotate in a curve when there's not enough skill with brakes and weight transfer to do so, as simple as that.
That's why it's prohibited in the WRS.

It's been awhile... :eek:
Hello to the old and new GTP members :cheers:

Made my switch to iRacing almost 6 years ago and had to force myself to forget all the bad habits GT taught me ( the over usage of the 2 foot technique ) it's a valid driving style! But GT is just a bit off with regards to that.

Basically trying to relearn 6 years GT is proving to be difficult

This 1st round has been a whole lot a frustration trying to find the feel with a G25

Finally settled with Sim-FFB2 and got 1.03.266 :yuck:

I hope I can find the magic again...:(

It takes skill to use properly the handbrake, but it takes even more skill to don't use it and achieve the same time, the use of the handbrake is for force the car rotate in a curve when there's not enough skill with brakes and weight transfer to do so, as simple as that.
That's why it's prohibited in the WRS.
You do make me laugh... You can't say that it requires less skill, if it gains an advantage then why not use it? I personally only use it when a car has the wrong brake bias, my driving style needs a car that is sliding on the rear going into the corners, so the handbrake helps with this in corners where it's not possible to achieve that oversteer with the brakes.

It's been awhile... :eek:
Hello to the old and new GTP members :cheers:

Made my switch to iRacing almost 6 years ago and had to force myself to forget all the bad habits GT taught me ( the over usage of the 2 foot technique ) it's a valid driving style! But GT is just a bit off with regards to that.

Basically trying to relearn 6 years GT is proving to be difficult

This 1st round has been a whole lot a frustration trying to find the feel with a G25

Finally settled with Sim-FFB2 and got 1.03.266 :yuck:

I hope I can find the magic again...:(

That's gonna be tricky, but after seeing what you were able to do in the GT4 era of the WRS I think you can do it. :)

Looking at some of your previous posts, it looks like the last time you made a post here, I was 10 years old. :lol:

:lol:
Anyone have the experience of trying the G25 and then switching to either the G27 or better wheels

Any improvements?
Don't know if it counts, but I switched from DFGT to G27 last December. Feels smoother, better to handle, has actual paddle shifters and less noisy.

hey guys, first time poster and pretty new to GT6.. As of last sat..
I haven't really raced much of the GTs but was in F1 games... I have played gtr2 rfactor and 2

I am very keen racer and always wanted to race for real... I have a golf R and used to have a rx7 with 400rwkw...

I got a g25 wheel and wondering if its worth getting a g27??? After just a few days not playing much i am able to do a 1.03.345.... For the life of me so far finding it hard to keep speed in T3 and the last conner.... I have watched the vids and just cant seem to string it all together... My speed into T3 is about 94-95 kph.. And compaired to dholland he is 96... I am losing out too much time here and the last conner...

tips??
also being first 1 round does it matter much??? What are the the thoughts on the final round? Car and track??

hey guys, first time poster and pretty new to GT6.. As of last sat..
I haven't really raced much of the GTs but was in F1 games... I have played gtr2 rfactor and 2

I am very keen racer and always wanted to race for real... I have a golf R and used to have a rx7 with 400rwkw...

I got a g25 wheel and wondering if its worth getting a g27??? After just a few days not playing much i am able to do a 1.03.345.... For the life of me so far finding it hard to keep speed in T3 and the last conner.... I have watched the vids and just cant seem to string it all together... My speed into T3 is about 94-95 kph.. And compaired to dholland he is 96... I am losing out too much time here and the last conner...

tips??
also being first 1 round does it matter much??? What are the the thoughts on the final round? Car and track??
I am in the same boat, loosing way too much time in the final turn, oh yeah, one other thing...I have a REAL Golf ;)
6449_99990941924_5839083_n.jpg

What is your apex speed at Graham hill?

Also if you want a wheel, i recommend a logitech G27

I corrected the issue at Graham Hill, and the exit speed is great now, with a split time of .798 going into McLaren...then I scrub way too much.....improved to 1:04.1xx......I know there's a mid 1:03 there somewhere!

I am in the same boat, loosing way too much time in the final turn, oh yeah, one other thing...I have a REAL Golf ;)
6449_99990941924_5839083_n.jpg

weapon! Is that the 4motion??? Haha i have a stage 2+ so its not slow ;)

yeah i have tried so many lines with slightly braking without, i just get a slower exist speed.... I don't know why??? My mid conner speed is the same as dhollands... But his ghost just pulls away...

weapon! Is that the 4motion??? Haha i have a stage 2+ so its not slow ;)

yeah i have tried so many lines with slightly braking without, i just get a slower exist speed.... I don't know why??? My mid conner speed is the same as dhollands... But his ghost just pulls away...
I find u must be pushing like mad then ride the curb is the only way to get dhollands exit speed the curb is so critical but very tricky to get right right hand apex speed is 54 for me i think.

I find u must be pushing like mad then ride the curb is the only way to get dhollands exit speed the curb is so critical but very tricky to get right right hand apex speed is 54 for me i think.

I am pretty smooth with the wheel and have fast reactions... On a track that has a car with gears and connecting conners i will be faster... I just cant shave that .2 or .3 tenths.. When you say ride the kerb you mean on the exit? I have done that and straighten them wheel as soon as i can and still down by the end of the straight... I think this is where i am loosing my .2 - .3... I average a 1.03.5xx

I am pretty smooth with the wheel and have fast reactions... On a track that has a car with gears and connecting conners i will be faster... I just cant shave that .2 or .3 tenths.. When you say ride the kerb you mean on the exit? I have done that and straighten them wheel as soon as i can and still down by the end of the straight... I think this is where i am loosing my .2 - .3... I average a 1.03.5xx
also i found turn ur sensirtivity down if u have it high to help with scrub and yes the exit. There are faster guys than me thats just how i do it. :)

also i found turn ur sensirtivity down if u have it high to help with scrub and yes the exit. There are faster guys than me thats just how i do it. :)
yeah i have it at 0.... I have also tried at -2? But i didn't like it.. Too slow... I rather a car that has oversteer

Back