2014 Round 3 - Nissan GT-R Black Edition @ Mount Panorama

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 298 comments
Maybe if @Tidgney is feeling really nice, he can make a video showing his steering inputs. :)

The main things for getting the car turned in is to make sure you get the car slowed down, and then get the nose to the inside if the corner. Most of these corners will drag you round when you're tight on the inside, but you drift up half a car width you'll just understeer wide. It may even help if you turn in slightly early like I do just to make sure you hook up the camber.

Which corners this then :)? Unfortunately I don't think I'll have time this week for a wheel cam view. But you've nailed it generally in that sentence, slow it down a little and make sure you get really close to any kerb, just not on any inside kerb because it will chuck you off! The corners drag you round if you nail it right :)!

Finally! a 12.975!!! And still have a massive .160 in the first sector alone! (was a bad star to the lap) Thanks to @Tidgney for the detailed video's... I was able to get 13.2XX by myself however shaved more time off and now more consistent because of the detail in the vids! Thanks bud! ;)

Finally! a 12.975!!! And still have a massive .160 in the first sector alone! (was a bad star to the lap) Thanks to @Tidgney for the detailed video's... I was able to get 13.2XX by myself however shaved more time off and now more consistent because of the detail in the vids! Thanks bud! ;)

Great work :D! Not a problem, consistency brings quick laps so good stuff and keep it up :D!

Excessive hand brake usage appears to be the way some are choosing to master these bends. Not my style.. I'm sure many will agree.. Handbrake should be disabled... I watched 1st place replay.. What a joke.. Handbrake used in about 8 places.. Bull.... Not very simulation like... Away and play a WRC game..... Currently a 2:14:3.... I know I can gain a second or so, WITHOUT using HANDBRAKE....

Here is the major problem with @Tidgney's guides:

He explains it so well and makes it look pretty easy that I get really confident that I can drop some major time. Then I go try and well, it's not so easy :)

I'm happy with my first sector time, .4xx, but I'm too inconsistent in turn 3/4 prior to the uphill. Then the disaster of cresting the top of the mountain and keeping the car stable. I'll probably put some more effort into Round 3, just because I like the combo, so hopefully I can get into the 2:15's.

Here is the major problem with @Tidgney's guides:

He explains it so well and makes it look pretty easy that I get really confident that I can drop some major time. Then I go try and well, it's not so easy :)

I'm happy with my first sector time, .4xx, but I'm too inconsistent in turn 3/4 prior to the uphill. Then the disaster of cresting the top of the mountain and keeping the car stable. I'll probably put some more effort into Round 3, just because I like the combo, so hopefully I can get into the 2:15's.

:P! The thing is especially with this round the lap is 2 minutes long, you really have to only think about 1 corner so I'd focus on turns 3/4 and forget the rest, even if it's invalid laps, crashes etc. That will help with consistency, forget the rest purely focus on that combo and it will come to you!

Now at a 2:14.130, but was on for a high 13 before royally bodging up the last corner. :ouch:

Ideally looking at a mid-2:13, but stringing a lap together without a mistake is really difficult. It's amazing how much time getting slightly off line can lose you here.

Marginal improvement at 2:14.090, but again messed up the last sector and dropped off line at turn 2. So still looking for a 2:13.8 thinking practically, ideally a 2:13.5/6.

It's been a week since I had a serious crack at this, so I've finally had another go tonight and managed a 2:13.075. Enough to get me back in the worldwide top 100, but not quite the UK top 14 (I'm off by a single thousandth). The worst sector in this lap was T3; I was 0.15 slower than my previous lap.

I'm still aiming for that 2:12; once I get it, I'll probably be finished with Round 3.

EDIT: Did a 2:12.934 that was invalidated because I cut a corner in T3 too much. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Small gain on the chart to 2:16.330, but over all the past few days have been great as far as gaining confidence. Which, I need more of in the last sector, was a good bit ahead of my friends there, that are around the 15.2/3's...but just haven't come close to nailing down the final sector. I either back off to soon or go to deep...need to watch Tidngey's vid. Looking forward to less distraction over the weekend (hopefully lol) Hoping for a high 14 at least. The ingredients are there (for me) I just gotta make it happen all together. If it doesn't happen, I have no one to blame but myself haha, cause it's all in the cupboard...

Howerver it may be, I'm having a blast! 👍

2:13.063 for 99th worldwide, 14th in UK (actually 13th if you consider Twissy has two accounts).

Again, such a near miss. :banghead: My time after T2 was 1:07.784, easily quicker than the previous lap, but I was too slow through T3 (1:42.200). I'll get that 2:12 if it kills me...

2:13.063 for 99th worldwide, 14th in UK (actually 13th if you consider Twissy has two accounts).

Again, such a near miss. :banghead: My time after T2 was 1:07.784, easily quicker than the previous lap, but I was too slow through T3 (1:42.200). I'll get that 2:12 if it kills me...

Twissy has two accounts? What's his other one? :)

I'd make that 12th as i posted a time on my Don account by accident :embarrassed: sorry bud.

FINALLY! A 2:12.948, good for 66th worldwide and 11th in the UK (actually 64th and 9th if you exclude the duplicate accounts). :D

That's enough of round 3 for me, bring on round 4!

P.S. Sorry for the double post, I usually refrain from doing so but I was a bit excited about getting a 2:12.

Last edited:
The last sector killed me on this one...destroyed a lot of great laps :crazy: ...got a little better here at the end but the last turn braking zone was too enticing to want to over shoot or just plain screw up :lol: ...going to forget about what should have been and move on.

Still really went beyond my expectations of this wild ride w/ a 2:15.962 and had a blast for the most part. 👍

Last edited:
Back