2014 Round 3 - Nissan GT-R Black Edition @ Mount Panorama

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 298 comments
By no means was I cutting down anyone's attempt to speak up about what they think should be different. The key element is presenting a well rounded arguement about what needs to be different. I read post after post of people whining and complaining about the challenges they were facing in round 3 and that is what sparked my comment. I apologize if I was out of line. That being said...its not like these wall taps and unreasonable boundaries are destroying people's lives. Race hard, learn to conquer what you are given, then turn the PS3 off and go to bed. Holy cow I just about fell off my soap box...sorry guyssss @Johnnypenso

Right after I replied, I started it up again, and it was sunny again, haha. I've now been using the light posts on the right as my braking reference.
I'll try that one. Yeah I think I like the sunny weather better than overcast. But oh well. Find what works best and go for it!

For reference, I start braking just before the 2nd light post that's clearly seen after passing the flag stand at the start finish, making it the third post after the start finish line. I use this reference in the roof view.

For reference, I start braking just before the 2nd light post that's clearly seen after passing the flag stand at the start finish, making it the third post after the start finish line. I use this reference in the roof view.
I don't know how I ever got by without using braking zones, turn entry and exit, etc. I'd always driven by the seat of my pants, but still able to manage a decent line and put down good lap times, at least as far as gold is concerned. I get the whole slow in fast out but I guess I didn't really understand how to break it down and apply it. I'm starting to figure it out and the improvements I'm noticing are very motivating. Thanks to @donpost who shared a link on this website, www.turnfast.com in the tuning garage links and FITT physics discussions in the GT6 tuning thread (Sorry I don't know how to link a post). Yeah there are books out there but this was really helpful. Anyways, long winded post over.

Cheers!

Ya this combo needs a good line and consistent speed through everything up in the hill. You lose absolutely tons of time if you get off line and hammer on the brakes and throttle all over the place.

With me outside the top 100 thought it best I get back inside it tonight, I'll give it a good go tomorrow and then it's GT Academy guide time :)! Tonight got a 2:13.036 and some amazing sector 1's! a few .3xxs including that lap which is quite nice :)! Really nailing that first corner! I also finally understand the middle sector so will easily drop into the 12.xxs and may end up in top 10 if I get a good lap in tomorrow :D!

Good luck! 👍

Loving this round, I liked the track before but this has given me a new respect for it. On my fastest lap I scraped the walls twice but it didn't penalise me, what a glorious feeling it is pushing it to the limit!

My only gripe is the white lines. At the top of the mountain I know I can go faster but I have to ease off a bit just to stop the car drifting over the lines and voiding the lap. Have to be so precise. Ultimate concentration is needed. I'm 2 tenths off the top 1000 but know I've got at least half a second to gain if I do ultimate sectors and push it abit more, still way way off the aliens at the top of the times though!

I'm also liking this way better then round 2 ! It's fun and challenging.
I'm on a 2:16.754 (ds3) with enough room for improvement. No top time by any means.., but I'm enjoying this.
Round 2 got boring real fast.

Had my second crack at it after finishing college for the week and couldn't improve (or rather, couldn't get a faster clean lap). Ran a red lapped 2:14.752 with a horrible 'Forrest Elbow', so I'm looking for a low 2:14 at the moment, though there is always time to be found at this track.

Also managed to run my fastest sector 1 at 20.392 which I was pretty pleased with, and was on a flier before out-braking myself into 'The Chase'. :ouch:

All in all though I'm really enjoying this combo (mainly because of the track), when you nail those fast corner from the Cutting up to Skyline it's really exhilarating. :D

After a gazillion 13.0xxs I got a 12.7xx so I'm happy now, time to start building the guide!

Yeah about that guide...some of us have a long weekend (monday off) soooooo in all your greatness...the sooner the better...This round 3 is providing a few challenges for me! Thank you sir!

Yeah about that guide...some of us have a long weekend (monday off) soooooo in all your greatness...the sooner the better...This round 3 is providing a few challenges for me! Thank you sir!

Haha the UK has a bank holiday Monday so there's lots of people with a long weekend :P! Mine started yesterday haha :)! It'll be uploading tomorrow while I'm out all day and when I get back it should be made live. I say should, the last one took 12 hours to upload (Joys of living in the countryside!)

Haha the UK has a bank holiday Monday so there's lots of people with a long weekend :P! Mine started yesterday haha :)! It'll be uploading tomorrow while I'm out all day and when I get back it should be made live. I say should, the last one took 12 hours to upload (Joys of living in the countryside!)
Either way we all appreciate your help so much. Looking forward to the video!

Just ran a 2:18.999 after a few laps. Cut it a little closer than I'd have liked to getting gold.

I'm not a big fan of this track so I probably won't be running it again.

Glad to see that I am not the only one frustrated with the decisions on "boundary" and ability to tap walls with no consequence at this great circuit, with this great car.. Got gold after two laps, then struggled mightily with the white lines in several places. It reminds me of the issues they had a few years ago with all the shortcutting that was going on (different circumstances, but same result - frustration for many). I will be massively looking forward to the final round, that's for sure!

Question: is this talk of the final round and car combo being leaked actually correct? It would seem like a shock if it is and PD didn't make a change to the venue.. That being said, what is the PP level that is being set for the GT3 base model? After being locked out of GTPlanet for A LONG time without being able to receive confirmation email(s) to reconfrim my account - finally setup a new email for the trick, not sure why I didn't think of that sooner. :banghead:

Cheers,

Donald

Last edited:
How do u get rid of the ghost? Luks like uve turned it off sum how :)

Usually press the up button, or on my G27 it's set to the D-pad on the gear box! You can't really use the ghost effectively here as the names of other lines and ghost cover up apexs and such due to it going uphill so definitely turn them off to be honest!

Usually press the up button, or on my G27 it's set to the D-pad on the gear box! You can't really use the ghost effectively here as the names of other lines and ghost cover up apexs and such due to it going uphill so definitely turn them off to be honest!
I never knew i only got a dfgt but il press all the buttons lol thanks alot this will really help :)

Im starting to get a feel of it, improved to 2:13.195 , still looking for more but im happy since i struggle with the GTR normaly. :)

I like the lines on. Best way to avoid it being a problem is by being in front off them all

I like the lines on. Best way to avoid it being a problem is by being in front off them all
Its very hard to be in front of num 1 in the world i like the split times from the ghost but hard to see the track lol

Sorry i use d hollands ghost i think hes 2nd in the world now but he is soo fast and my line is very similar just not as fast.

Last edited:
Got around to trying this today. Took 60km to even get a clean lap in. What's the deal with having the limits be right on the while lines and having the racing line cut off by that?

Back