2014 Santander German Grand Prix

United Kingdom
YorkshireLand
SVTlover
Formula 1 came home to Silverstone and put on a fantastic show for Silverstone's 50th Grand Prix. The battle between Alonso and Vettel drummed up the debate on track limits and fair overtaking. Lewis Hamilton nearly wiped out the points gap between him and his teammate which now sets up a showdown at Nico's and Mercedes' home race, this should be a good one. Buckle up for the 2014 Santander German Grand Prix
hockenheim_kurz.png

Event Date: 18-20 July 2014
Circuit length: 4.574 km (2.842 mi)
Laps: 67
Lap Record: 1:13.780, Kimi Raikkonen, 2004

2012 Results

1) F. Alonso (Ferrari)
2) J. Button (McLaren)
3) K. Raikkonen (Lotus)

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how the 'Fric' issue plays out here...

Every team has dropped it and supposedly they have other plans and some suspect this wont hurt the domination of MGP others do. I don't think MGP are in any real danger because to be fair Williams were on the cusp of the cutting edge if not already there like MGP and RBR.

inb4 anyone mentions their preference to the pre-2002 track layout, something about Tilkedromes, etc.

Should be interesting to see if the FRIC ban unsettles the field a little, but like @LMSCorvetteGT2, I suspect it wont and it's definitely not going to be the magic bullet that kills the Mercedes domination. I'm also excited to see how the Hamilton vs. Rosberg battle plays out here. Rosberg's going to be extra hungry to win (for obvious reasons) but Hamilton's coming off the back of winning his home race and will surely have some momentum due to that. Hoping Williams continue with their strong form so they can displace Ferrari, not that I'm anti-Ferrari, just like seeing them succeed after so many years in the mid-pack.

inb4 anyone mentions their preference to the pre-2002 track layout, something about Tilkedromes, etc.

Should be interesting to see if the FRIC ban unsettles the field a little, but like @LMSCorvetteGT2, I suspect it wont and it's definitely not going to be the magic bullet that kills the Mercedes domination. I'm also excited to see how the Hamilton vs. Rosberg battle plays out here. Rosberg's going to be extra hungry to win (for obvious reasons) but Hamilton's coming off the back of winning his home race and will surely have some momentum due to that. Hoping Williams continue with their strong form so they can displace Ferrari, not that I'm anti-Ferrari, just like seeing them succeed after so many years in the mid-pack.

And let's not forget he is usually strong at this last races before the summer break so that should help play into his form, I mean with Hungaoring (probably his best track), Spa and Monza being good for him. You gotta think he's probably thinking things are looking up and this is where he can push ahead.

I wonder how a loss of FRIC will affect the drivers feel of the cars, could we see 1 or 2 drivers lose their way all of a sudden?

FRIC is another technology lost to reduce costs, but I'm frustrated about how it is being done. So Whiting bans it, but it is now up the stewards as to whether they agree with him or not... So it might not be punishable to use it?

I'm sure none of the teams will run the risk of using it and getting banned from the results, but it is very frustrating to think someone might get away with running it.

Best part of it is that there are talks active suspension will return in the future, which I struggle to feel will be cheaper to implement than FRIC suspension....

If a team is confident they can worm their way out of any trouble I'm sure they will use it, how will a rival team know if someone is running FRIC anyway? Every garage apart from Caterham will have view blockers up. :D

A steward can walk in at any time and ask to check to see if FRIC is on the car, and the team has to let them see.

Just got married, watched his team win the World Cup and now he's racing at his home GP in the best car he's ever driven. Not exactly a bad week for Nico.
Not if removing the FRIC suspension doesn't suit his driving. That's what I'll mostly be looking at. Seeing how it may affect the drivers and pecking order.

I assume all the drivers have arrived in Hockenheim safely.
Not if removing the FRIC suspension doesn't suit his driving. That's what I'll mostly be looking at. Seeing how it may affect the drivers and pecking order.
Regardless of the change he will only be 2nd fastest at best, joking. ;)

Last edited:
But they didn't object to Trulli's helmet at the 2006 French GP.

We don't know that for sure. In those days drivers didn't tweet pictures of their helmets a week in advance... who knows what was said afterwards. In this case Rosberg posted the picture and asked people what they thought. D'oh. :)

Whilst they are within their rights, you'd think they'd just let him use it, it's not as if he's making money out of it.

What are you talking about? Look at the picture of the helmet, you think he puts all those logos on for a laugh?

This week I see he's giving a big-up to Monster Drinks, and aaaall for free, bless him :D

If they or anyone else though about selling a replica of it I'm sure Fifa would be quite able to stop them.

What are you talking about? Look at the picture of the helmet, you think he puts all those logos on for a laugh?

This week I see he's giving a big-up to Monster Drinks, and aaaall for free, bless him :D

I was on about the picture of the world cup, other sponsor logos have no relevance to that. Fifa obviously think otherwise though, as they are entitled to, I just see it as a bit petty.

Latest Posts

Back