2014 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix

A stop and go penalty of 5 seconds translates into just 5 seconds on the track if ignored. Seems appropriate. Good job F1 👎.
it's meant to be an extended pit stop as a minor penalty so yes its appropriate.

A stop and go penalty of 5 seconds translates into just 5 seconds on the track if ignored. Seems appropriate. Good job F1 👎.
Read the rules.

A 5 second penalty gets taken at the driver's next pitstop. The driver stops, 5 seconds is timed, then they can change tyres or whatever they need to do. If the driver does not stop again, 5 seconds is added to his time.

It was stop and go.
Not in the sense you mean.

Here's F1 official rule about this, which is the "a" scenario:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
16.3 The stewards may impose any one of the penalties below on any driver involved in an
Incident:
a) A five second time penalty. The driver must enter the pit lane, stop at his pit for at least
five seconds and then re-join the race. The relevant driver may however elect not to
stop, provided he carries out no further pit stop before the end of the race. In such
cases five seconds will be added to the elapsed race time of the driver concerned.
b) A drive-through penalty. The driver must enter the pit lane and re-join the race without
stopping.
c) A ten second time penalty. The driver must enter the pit lane, stop at his pit for at least
ten seconds and then re-join the race.
If either of the three penalties above are imposed during the last three laps, or after the end
of a race, Article 16.4b) below will not apply and five seconds will be added to the elapsed
race time of the driver concerned in the case of a) above, 20 seconds in the case of b) and 30
seconds in the case of c).
d) A time penalty.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Congratz to Hammy. Glad that Vettel get at least a podium this year though I prefer Ricciardo for second. At least both of the Red Bull managed to get podiums. I pity Rosberg nonetheless.

The race itself is pretty dull. Only the last few lap it came out alive.

I'm missing the Interviews because of NBC's retarded commercials.

Oh well, there's always the articles later.

Read the rules.

A 5 second penalty gets taken at the driver's next pitstop. The driver stops, 5 seconds is timed, then they can change tyres or whatever they need to do. If the driver does not stop again, 5 seconds is added to his time.

Thank you for the clarification. I assumed it was similar to other racing S/G's.

Not in the sense you mean.

Here's F1 official rule about this, which is the "a" scenario:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
16.3 The stewards may impose any one of the penalties below on any driver involved in an
Incident:
a) A five second time penalty. The driver must enter the pit lane, stop at his pit for at least
five seconds and then re-join the race. The relevant driver may however elect not to
stop, provided he carries out no further pit stop before the end of the race. In such
cases five seconds will be added to the elapsed race time of the driver concerned.
b) A drive-through penalty. The driver must enter the pit lane and re-join the race without
stopping.
c) A ten second time penalty. The driver must enter the pit lane, stop at his pit for at least
ten seconds and then re-join the race.
If either of the three penalties above are imposed during the last three laps, or after the end
of a race, Article 16.4b) below will not apply and five seconds will be added to the elapsed
race time of the driver concerned in the case of a) above, 20 seconds in the case of b) and 30
seconds in the case of c).
d) A time penalty.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I understand it was 5 seconds longer pit stop penalty, but race officials call it as a stop and go penalty.

Thank you for the clarification. I assumed it was similar to other racing S/G's.
10 second stop & go still exists, but they seem to prefer the 5 second one as it's not as severe. It also means that 5 seconds is 5 seconds, instead of the possible 30 seconds* lost from a "10" second penalty.

* Which also varies from circuit to circuit depending on the length of the pitlane.

The FIA really needs to stop with this bias towards Ferrari. Alonso gained an advantage at the first corner, but he got no penalty. Vergne was getting pushed wide, and he got penalties.

Whilst Eddie Jordan does his thing...

Overall a very unexciting race as far as on-track action goes, but boy has the championship been shaken up. Hamilton now leads, and Ricciardo has a real shot at the championship. Rosberg is in a very precarious position now.

Drive of the day definitely goes to Vergne. He absolutely did not give a 🤬 during that final stint and drove like mad. Great result for him & Torro Rosso.

Loseres of the day are Alonso & Rosberg. Alonso seemingly had everything he needed to get a podium or even a win today, but he couldn't make it work. Couple that with the ongoing rumrs of him going to either McLaren or Red Bull and you know he's gotta be frustrated. And Rosberg just had some really crap luck today and ended up losing the championship lead for it.

Off to Suzuka and my soon to be destroyed sleep schedule!

Well done Ham, not my favorite driver but he did a flawless race.

Well done to Perez, Vergne and both Red Bull drivers too.

LOL of The race: Botas at the end and The entire Sutil Race

Alonso was already well ahead of Vettel well before the corner, and simply outbraked himself... so he gave the place back. Daniel Ricciardo got shafted on that, but what can you do? Alonso gave back a position... wasn't told to give back two.

-

Good scrap between the RBRs and Alonso... shame about Nico's weekend... I really wanted to see a scrap on track.

It has been said that they will be lenient with incidents occurring in the first turn.
Even so, I feel DR should have been given the same courtesy as SV got.

JEV had the best race I've seen him in, despite the penalties.

Great race by Hamilton and Vergné. Good race by Perez. All others were meh ... with the exception of braindead Sutil, and unlucky Rosberg.

There, my one paragraph review about a somewhat boring race.

DOTD is Jean Eric Vergné. I hope he gets a drive next year.

Very curious as to the likes of Magnussen and Kvyat after hearing their radios. Magnussen practically getting burned alive (complained he couldn't even take a sip from his drink because it was too hot in the cockpit), and Kvyat saying he needed to pull out of the race because he was getting too weak. Now obviously everyone was suffering to some extent, but those guys seemed to really have it extra rough. I'm really surprised the podium finishers didn't look more exhausted.

The FIA really needs to stop with this bias towards Ferrari. Alonso gained an advantage at the first corner, but he got no penalty. Vergne was getting pushed wide, and he got penalties.
I too think the Vergne penalty was hard (a very similar case than Massa-Grosjean on Hungaroring last year ).
But to be fair, Alonso gave the place back to Vettel, as did Vergne himself with Raïkkonen during SC, which clean them in both cases. Also, Alonso get a penalty for overtaking Vergne off-track on a previous race, just after leaving the pit lane.

DOTD is Jean Eric Vergné. I hope he gets a drive next year.
It's just Vergne, last e has to almost be ignored when saying it.

Edit: I didn't ask for this video to be embedded here, my intent was to just give a link. Not a big deal.

Perhaps they should have put coffee and rum in the drink bottles? They were hot enough for it...

-

Pretty scrappy race... happy they let people go at it... unhappy with some of the penalties and no-penalties... though, on review, seems like the calls were made right... Alonso's was 50:50... consider that technically, he was far, far ahead of Daniel before the corner... but if they all made the corner, with Daniel glued to Seb's backside, Alonso would have had to fight him at the exit...

Sutil's no-call, however... at the point where he collided with Checo, they were already well on the next straight... Don't think Adrian should have gotten the corner exit extension on that call... as they'd straightened out and were both powering out of the corner. At the very least, he deserved a 10 second one for that.

Might change my mind if we get a clearer replay of that.

Was absolutely gutted for Rosberg when he came off those jacks and the clutch simply wouldn't engage. In a championship this close, you don't want gremlins to decide it. Really thought he'd do another gung ho job of it and bring the car in for some points.

Also... Forza Alonso! Gotta feel for Seb... he's doing great in wheel-to-wheel battles, but he simply can't seem to keep up the pace over race distance.

You might wanna read this again and ya know, delete it from the Internet.

Good scrap between the RBRs and Alonso... shame about Nico's weekend... I really wanted to see a scrap on track.

The tradeoff is we now get a scrap for the championship, since it's now down to just three points at the front, so the championship can still go either way. While it still technically, mathematically, could go either way even if Rosberg had been able to participate throughout today's race, the point margin would likely be quite a bit bigger than just three, which means Lewis would have to beat his teammate in every remaining race just to catch back up, which assumes no more retirements for Lewis, which isn't realistic considering the season he's had.

Autosport saying that Magnussen has had to go to the medical center due to burns sustained during the Grand Prix.

Autosport saying that Magnussen has had to go to the medical center due to burns sustained during the Grand Prix.

Aww cheez I knew something must have been up. Really brutal torment the guys go through with this race. Although it shows how strong willed and devoted he is :bowdown:👍.

Reminds me of one of the cars I heard about from I think the 30s or 40s. Might have been grand prix car, might have not. But whoever drove it would get wrist and forearm burns due to pipes running along the sides of the cockpit!

Back