2014 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix

Also should be mentioned, Massa had a brilliant Weekend even if it was under the radar, completely outperformed Bottas all Weekend.

Welcome once again to "What problems will Hamilton face this time?" Last race, he had car issues that he overcame. What about Singapore?

a. Mechanical
b. Accident
c. Bad Pit Stop/Strategy
d. Rosberg
e. Other mishap
f. Nothing at all

I will go with c.
Safety car comes out. Hamilton not only has to make an additional stop, he runs over the track debris. It's a large delta time and Vettel is dominant at Singapore. He wins the race anyways.

Damn it! :lol:

Y1vFNL1.jpg

You might wanna read this again and ya know, delete it from the Internet.

It was a close one. That Safety Car may, paradoxically, have saved him from being overtaken near the end... though Ricciardo had his own problems.

This was a rare (in-team) win for Vettel... he's been closing the qualifying gap, and he always gets terrific starts, but Ricciardo still has the better of him in full race pace.

If Alonso had only one of the Red Bull cars to deal with, I think he would have had no trouble. Vettel's tyres were gone at the end and Ricciardo had power issues. But they were close enough Ricciardo got the benefit of Sebastian's power with draft and DRS, negating his own power issues enough to keep Alonso at bay, and Vettel had Ricciardo protecting him from Alonso. Win Win for Red Bull at the end.

Red Bull have said they consulted with the stewards at the time. Their argument was that even though "stay off the kerbs" was a banned message, it was the cause of and/or solution to Ricciardo's battery problem, and since discussing those issues is not banned, the context made it okay.

Red Bull have said they consulted with the stewards at the time. Their argument was that even though "stay off the kerbs" was a banned message, it was the cause of and/or solution to Ricciardo's battery problem, and since discussing those issues is not banned, the context made it okay.

"You will need to brake ten meters later in Turn Five, else your MG-UK will explode."

There is a bit of an uproar on Twitter but as Mercedes said it was caused by "a residue of a material used in pre-event servicing", it's not like something unusual was found but the phrase "foreign substance" makes it sound like that.

No, I mean that if Hamilton had been adversely affected, there would be a full-blown conspiracy and comparisons to Nigel Stepney's actions in Monaco a few years ago.

The most likely culprit here seems to be carbon fibre dust. The damn stuff gets everywhere, and it's highly conductive.

No, I mean that if Hamilton had been adversely affected, there would be a full-blown conspiracy and comparisons to Nigel Stepney's actions in Monaco a few years ago.

The most likely culprit here seems to be carbon fibre dust. The damn stuff gets everywhere, and it's highly conductive.
On 'Planet F1' there are conspiracy theories about Nico's steering wheel contamination. Imagine that...

I think it would probably be worse if it had happened to Hamilton because of his mechanical failures prior to Singapore and the controversial incidents in Monaco and Spa, in addition to that it would have probably meant game over for his championship.

On 'Planet F1' there are conspiracy theories about Nico's steering wheel contamination. Imagine that...

Yeah that's no surprise...he has a fan base too. What PM is saying is that many from Hamilton's fan base have come out of the wood work to basically claim that Nico has been given this silver spoon and any failures Hamilton does have seem to be the inner workings of MAMG at play. More people seem to go crazy about a Hamilton issue and see a Nico issue as the universe balancing itself out. I'm a Hamilton fan and I don't see any conspiracy, what I see is two drivers doing anything to win. If that means doing a risky maneuver at Spa and consequently taking out said fellow driver and then winning when he was leading. Or opposite driver not allowing his team mate to pass through due to differing pit strategies at Hungary and with both cases basically telling the world I had to prove a point.

There is obviously more cases to draw from this season between them (Bahrain or Monaco for example), but the point is it is them as drivers making the scenarios and the team is background noise. Not some supplier of this grand conspiracy to help out one driver over the other. PM once again is saying that those who do believe MAMG is to blame usually are shouting out louder in favor of Hamilton then Nico, but both crowds exist he never denied that.

That's ignorance.
Just like the people in the stone age, "everything is the result of mysterious magic dark forces".

A failure for the Hamster would be "status quo"... you kind of expect his car to explode seven ways to Thursday any given race weekend. And if it doesn't, he'll overcook his first lap in qualifying and miss his chance at a second one, or overcook his second lap and get nicked by Nico.

-

As it is... with Nico having gone... whoops... off the track to give Hamilton the lead in the previous race and this downright strange contamination issue (seriously, don't they assemble these things in an airtight room with surgical gloves? :dopey: ) in this one... I think the air is pretty ripe for conspiracy theories.

Yeah that's no surprise...he has a fan base too.
Yes, i understand all that. I was just merely pointing out that wacky headcases are on both sides of the coin...

but both crowds exist he never denied that.
True.. but with a comment like this:

It looks as though he's suggesting, that conspiracy theories are an exclusivity of just Hamilton fans, when in-fact they aren't.. as i pointed out there are conspiracy theories on other sites about Nicos' misfortunes.

Last edited:
As if Nico has never went off track when he has had multiple offs in the last 4/5 races, in Germany he was really struggling to get a lap together in Q1 and Hamilton's brake failure brought a red flag out which enabled him to put fresh tyres on, he had an off in the Hungary race when no one was anywhere near him and he should have been coasting (Q3 as well but the conditions were terrible), Spa qualifying, Singapore qualifying/might have been P3. Of course he also had the offs in Canada and Monaco which benefitted him greatly and very nearly went off on the final lap of Austria when Lewis was coming at him as well as struggling to get a quali lap together at Shanghai and spinning at the final corner, Nico was under a huge amount of pressure in Monza and braking too late into T1 there isn't uncommon so surely Nico going off is "status quo".

Last edited:
Back