2014 Tidgney's Detailed Video Guides (Round 4 Guide is Live!)

• Thread starter Tidgney
  • 104 comments
Which time do you think is possible with automatic gear shift? I really have a problem to do a lap with shifting manual. I miss the optimum moment and lose time by forget to upshift.

TC is off, ABS 1, steering wheel G27

My time is right now about 2:20.5xx

Last edited:
Glad you like the videos, I'm always happy to help where I can so if you struggle in the future give me a shout :)!

Be sure I will. 👍

The next step will be to gold the last Senna event with the Lotus at Brands Hatch. Got silver rather easily, but gold seems more difficult.
But first I have to find time to play... :boggled:

Which time do you think is possible with automatic gear shift? I really have a problem to do a lap with shifting manual. I miss the optimum moment and lose time by forget to upshift.

Moin Hitokiri - it's me...ramazzotti :)
I would stay with manual shifting. Its just a matter of practice. Its always an advantage.
Anyways, if you go for automatic transmission, then try to stay not too much/long on the brake and try to be and stay in the right gears when cornering to gain max. speed. Even with AT you can find a lot more time on the track. So just push it.
But really, try to keep it manual. Imo its also a lot more fun :)

Edit: Btw, on what account you're competing right now as german academy is closed?

Last edited:

As @GTP_MacGyver has said there's still lots of time out there even in Automatic I would say you should be able to get into the 15's (Just) or 16's with Automatic!

Ah there you have it
Some tips to improve?
I really need 2 tenths to get in top 7. I'm only 16 but it is a goal for me!

Hi, really liked your video, Im at 15.7 at the moment, and for some reason always lose around .4-.5 seconds in sector 3. Ive watched the video, its very good, and Im pretty close to everything you're doing, i think its all about getting in that one good lap, hopefully I'll have time.

I just wanted to ask what settings you find are best for the steering wheel, I have the g27 and I haven't played gt much with a wheel, bought it this year for gt academy. Anyway I was just wondering if theres any settings that would help with the steering wheel, such as simulation mode or the force feedback settings and controller sensitivity.

Haha you,re really close to my time!
But for some reason i cant reach him anymore :s
I'm used to simulation ffb 10 and sensitivity 7
If I try other settings I dont notice a big difference though...

Nice you got some coverage on the main page of the site.

Well done and thanks for all your time and effort over the weeks making these videos.

Haha you,re really close to my time!
But for some reason i cant reach him anymore :s
I'm used to simulation ffb 10 and sensitivity 7
If I try other settings I dont notice a big difference though...

Thanks,

Was wondering if there's any big difference but I guess not :P I'm still trying, I got another 15.7, I just want to get it close to a 15 but doesn't seem to be happening.

yeah, now I'm always .3 s above my time and if I'm faster I just screw up...
But I know I canfind a lot in second sector cause I'm losing more than a second but I don't know how...

Well, Your guide + TCS 1 + ABS 3 + Paramore music on the background: 2:17.100 :D
Altough I didn't make it to the national finals, I want to say you made me a better driver.
Less than 3 seconds behind IMMORTAL is something I've never done before!

Well, Your guide + TCS 1 + ABS 3 + Paramore music on the background: 2:17.100 :D
Altough I didn't make it to the national finals, I want to say you made me a better driver.
Less than 3 seconds behind IMMORTAL is something I've never done before!

Great stuff, that's one thing that GT Academy is really good for, helping you improve as a driver and why I recommend everyone to have a good :D! Great work with improvement!

Back