2014 UBS Chinese Grand Prix

United Kingdom
YorkshireLand
SVTlover
2014 UBS Chinese Grand Prix

After the cracker of a race in Bahrain the teams meet again for round 4 of the championship. The talk of the paddock will still be the battle that the two Mercedes drivers had and whispers of inter-team troubles. Further down the field, the pace of the McLaren and Williams is still a bit unknown and Ferrari are in deep trouble, Stefano has left and been replaced by a car salesman and they trailed home 9th and 10th last time around. What will happen at the 2014 UBS Chinese Grand Prix?

635151861230131492.jpg

Event Details
Date: 18-20 April
Laps: 56
Circuit Length: 5.451 km
Lap Record: 1:32.238 - M Schumacher (2004)
2013 Winner: Fernando Alonso

Last edited:
I wonder who'll be best of the rest behind the Mercedes. I heard it's going to rain on Saturday, so that might handicap Williams.

That could play into Red Bull's favour, but they've been strong in qualifying no matter what.

I wonder if McLaren are going to make good on their prediction of having a title sponsor in place. They earmarked Shanghai as the race where they expect to have a deal in place, so I wonder if they have someone local, like Huawei, on board.

I don't fancy another 2 and a bit hour qualifying session. A dry to wet race I have nothing against mind, providing it doesn't get red flagged from it.

When was the last time we got similar speeds, the old Hockenheim? Braking at such high speed will be interesting to watch.

Have you seen anyone maxed out in 8th gear yet?

Indeed, some were hitting 8th gear but certainly not maxing out. It wouldn't make any sense to when you have the power circuits later in the season. They would have geared them fairly long with those in mind and take the slight hit on the slower circuits.

Indeed, some were hitting 8th gear but certainly not maxing out. It wouldn't make any sense to when you have the power circuits later in the season. They would have geared them fairly long with those in mind and take the slight hit on the slower circuits.

Rosberg interview. I guess he knows more than us.

Just in case anyone reading this thread still has respect for the Maldozer, he goes and says that penalties are spoiling racing.

DK
Just in case anyone reading this thread still has respect for the Maldozer, he goes and says that penalties are spoiling racing.

From that article

"It was a soft crash," he said. "In my opinion it was a normal race contact - but because of the low nose as soon as I touched his sidepod he took off immediately.

So t-boning someone because you dive-bomb him from waaaay to far away is a normal race contact now? How is he even still racing in F1?

I heard an interview with Stefano Domenicali before he resigned, may have been on BBC radio. He sounded very weak and defeatist with his words. I thought this guy won't be lasting long talking like this.

Mercedes will be bringing their new short nose this weekend, it had been in the works before Australia but failed it's crash test numerous times, finally passed it before this weekend and will be raced.

So t-boning someone because you dive-bomb him from waaaay to far away is a normal race contact now? How is he even still racing in F1?

Of course it's normal race contact, if your name is Pastor Maldonado. He does it every other week. :)

It's kind of a shame, because when he's not crashing into people he's a legitimately quick driver. He's just such a hazard that he really has no place on the grid. At least Grosjean eventually learned to race cleanly, Maldonado doesn't show any such signs of improvement.

Back