2014 UBS Chinese Grand Prix

It has nothing to do with that. He was wondering why Lewis was P1 despite the issues, and I explained it.

Believe me I ignore dozens of posts on here that I would like to argue with, because I don't have the time for it.

Actually Hamilton was a fraction faster in the first 2 sectors of the lap(0.014) and Rosberg was reporting balance issues on the soft and Hamilton had understeer, but that doesn't matter at this stage. It's quali and the race where things get hot. :)

Last edited:
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton outqualified Nico here. The race will be a different story, though, I assume.

Unless Lewis cheats, gets an unfair advantage or gets lucky, of course, right?
In qualifying? No. Nico's not unconditionally fast like Hamilton. Hamilton will give you almost 100% of the car all the time. Nico seems to get it through data and set up, not on pure instincts. He struggled in practice, so I assume it'll be easier for Hamilton to take pole.

As for the race, yes you're right. Although it'll be hard to stay ahead because of tyre deg. Both mercs were eating up their fronts faster than the RBs in practice. If history is anything to go by, Lewis is dropping back faster than Nico.

Are you saying that to save a Saturday of making excuses?
I'm not Lewis Hamilton, no.

I'm not Lewis Hamilton, no.

Neither is he..

rPejUWe.jpg

Button - "Ricciardo in the Red Bull looks very strong. He's a lot quicker than his team-mate and also able to do seven more laps I think on the long run."

Seb is in for a tough year..

Yup. I took a screenshot of Ricciardo's stint. He's going to be right behind the Mercs, may even have a fight with them if it rains.

I've got to be honest, Kogay's driving last week did remind me of Maldonado when I originally watched it.:lol:

Quite surprised that Merc drivers and Ferrari drivers aren't putting out timed laps. Unless they know something about the weather for quali and don't want to change set up for wet weather....this is a bit strange

EDIT: Scratch that, looks like they are saving tires because they actually expect more wet weather as the forecast shows.

Not sure how a driver not being able to qualify is good news, unless you mean for the rest of the driver's, means they are safe at least :lol:

Back