2014 United Kingdom General Discussion

• Thread starter numbnuts70
  • 420 comments
i think that all of the rounds that arent the final round are just advertising for nissan(i dont think they are bad and need to be removed ,but have noting to do with the GT Academy goal)

I got gold and top 1000 first try with my humble DS3.

May not sound much, but it's enough for me.

EDIT: Low 500's, even more satisfying. I wish I had actual pace so I could be among you frontrunners!

Last edited:
I won't be able to do this until after next weekend, and I have exams until 12th May so I won't be trying properly until after that! I like the format of one TT per 2 weeks, it was a bit tedious having to do so many tests before and I think these TTs will allow me to get up to speed before the final round! :)

Is there a way of getting rid of those annoying blue friend lines??? Sorry if this has been covered but im on my phone.

I'm a bit confused (or tired) , is there a dedicated GT Academy for UK? I can't find a thread for rest of Europe..

I'm a bit confused (or tired) , is there a dedicated GT Academy for UK? I can't find a thread for rest of Europe..

There is a thread for each country, the mods didn't want a general GT Academy thread for some reason so I assume that's why there isn't one for Europe. Either that or no one has made one yet, or we're both missing it :P

Also, had a quick go and did a 1:03.532, but best sectors would put me within 0.05 of Dan but didn't have time to hook them up.

I see most of the top times are using ABS, at the moment that appears to be worth about .2 sec, from the leader vs. the fastest ABS=0 time.

I'm 3229th at the moment :lol: not even sure I can break the 1:05 barrier at this rate!

I recognise a few of the names at the top thought... well done guys!! :gtpflag:

I'm currently 11th in UK (1.03.678) using controller (stick) :lol:

I'm still finding hit hard to nail that 1st corner. :mad:

DS3 users might be worth experimenting with the sensitivity settings on this 1.

I changed mine from 5 to 2 and got 2tenths off after a couple of laps.

EDIT: 13th now :lol: but top UK stick.......get in!! That'll change, I gotta brag while I can :D

Last edited:
Yup, I'm done with this! 1:04.772, can't seem to make it stick on the way in to Paddock Hill as much as the fastest guys, and it's not so much the fact I'm not as fast that's doing my head in, it's more the 35 seconds BEFORE you cross the line, to only go a gash the lap 5 seconds in!

Last edited:
Wow, down to 37th already (8th in UK). I could only manage a 15 minute stint before heading off to work (on Easter Monday, no less), but it was nice to be the man to beat for a few glorious minutes :cool:

Well done Matthew, nice time indeed. I'm nowhere near gold time after a few attempts, bit GT rusty.
Matthew (or anyone quick) any chance of posting some split times if you get the chance please.

Thanks. :) I would post my splits, but I didn't save my replay, nor is my time still in the top 10 so the replay is lost. I'll have a look the current #1 replay and post those splits.

You're in the thread dedicated to the UK. If you don't see a thread for your country/region then we encourage you to make it. This is so everyone can stay within their own threads in order to best server the members. It's mainly to make it much easier for members to quickly find and share information with each other on the country/region's National/Territory Finals. Once Racecamp starts up in a few months, we'll then allow people to start threads for each Racecamp, of which there will be four: European, International, German, and North American.

Just trust me, you don't want to go through the mess that we had last year. This should be a much better system.

There is a thread for each country, the mods didn't want a general GT Academy thread for some reason so I assume that's why there isn't one for Europe. Either that or no one has made one yet, or we're both missing it :P

I didn't want to just have one, no, as explained above. The general European thread will come up once National Finals are over for all countries for the purpose of better tracking information regarding the Racecamps. However, members are still going to be able to use the old national threads.

Good luck Ben 👍

Last edited:
SpeedyReadie94's exact splits: [23.806] [41.482] [1:03.238]

To find the exact splits for any replay, load the replay as a ghost and start running a lap. When the screen shows the split time after completing a sector, quickly note down your own time and the difference relative to the ghost, that way you can easily work out the ghost's own split times. I discovered this in last year's GT Academy :)

Alternatively, you can just run the replay. Pause it, then jump forward to each split marker and note down the times. This is not as accurate as the above method (it rounds down to the nearest 1/60th of a second), but it's somewhat easier.

This TT reminds me of the Clio TT recently, couldn't get Gold on that one stock so hopefully I can with this one at least. Had a quick look on leaderboards, good to see UK doing quite well 👍.

Are there any videos up yet from this TT? Not even got access to my PS3 and I'm already going down with GT Academy fever...

Can check mine out in the other thread if you want! Don't want to post it in every thread lol :P!

Hit my best of 1:04.339 using a DS3, definitely can't see any way of me being faster than that, but I'm more than happy with the time :D GTP_DaveB

Got to a 1:04:0xx w/DS3, was only a short session, think i can find atleast another few tenths when i put together a proper run.
I was initially running 1:04:5xx's and getting annoyed until i realised i forgot to turn TC off :lol:

Can check mine out in the other thread if you want! Don't want to post it in every thread lol :P!
Thanks! Nice lap! 👍 I won't be able to give it a go at all until Saturday earliest, and after that I'll have to limit myself to maximum an hour a day as I have exams starting next week.

Thanks! Nice lap! 👍 I won't be able to give it a go at all until Saturday earliest, and after that I'll have to limit myself to maximum an hour a day as I have exams starting next week.

Was alright, missed the apex on the last corner though :(! I must admit it's quite addictive this combo, short lap and close times means your hour a day may go up a little :)?? Hour a day reminds me of last years GT Academy with me and work! You'll enjoy this combo for sure though!

Was alright, missed the apex on the last corner though :(! I must admit it's quite addictive this combo, short lap and close times means your hour a day may go up a little :)?? Hour a day reminds me of last years GT Academy with me and work! You'll enjoy this combo for sure though!
I need to limit it to that to be honest, can't afford to waste time as I need to pass these exams. It doesn't matter until the final round anyway, and even that's only for pride! ;)
I should've been 4th worldwide last year, just couldn't get my lap together, had a massive mistake in Stowe corner which cost me 0.25 seconds. Hoping to be in the top 5 this year, but I've not really played since the end of January so I'm a bit rusty...

Are there any videos up yet from this TT? Not even got access to my PS3 and I'm already going down with GT Academy fever...
I put one in the GTP news article this morning. It's a relatively sedate (compared to you and these guys) 1'04.9, but I'm struggling to go any better than a 1'04.7 on the buttons anyway.

Latest Posts

Back