2014 United Kingdom General Discussion

• Thread starter numbnuts70
  • 420 comments
Wales
Old South Wales
numbnuts70
Here's the UK thread

:gtpflag:

Tidgneys' awesome lap in the first TT at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit in the Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy).

Quick Link to Event 1 Worldwide top 250 courtesy of Milouse-(keep up the good work).

Hero%20shot%202_1397476328.jpg

nissan-gt-academy_100427801_l.jpg

Last edited:
Worth noting a GT Academy Section has been Added to the Special Events Section of the XMB. Go check It out!

Thanks for the info Marky.

Looks like each stage lasts for 2 weeks.

See image below for screenshot of Gt Academy menu.

Attachments

• DSC_0073[1].jpg
    DSC_0073[1].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
it starts monday. its 3/4 stages each a couple of weeks, then the final round (the ranking one) starts early june.
Bandit karter, a recognised name :)

Looking forward to this. It is great having something new to get stuck into! I'd be happy with a top 200 UK finish, but the taking part and setting laps is the fun part! Good luck everyone.

Anyone know how the fortnightly stages work? is it like the top x amount get through to the next one or times are added together or does no-one know yet?
Think I came about 4000th in the UK last year so some room for improvement from me.

Anyone know how the fortnightly stages work? is it like the top x amount get through to the next one or times are added together or does no-one know yet?
Think I came about 4000th in the UK last year so some room for improvement from me.

Nobody knows, but at a guess I would think it would be like 2012, different tests before the final round, but these will be for fun I would assume. But who knows, I could be way of the mark!

yeah it always been that way. each stage you would need gold to unlock the next (when it happens)
im going to do the peougot seasoner later, see where i rank. if anyone knows a good set up for the 205 turbo, can you let me know please. thanks :)

Will we get prizes for the gt academy like special gt academy cars when it's released ??? If so I might give it a go

yeah it always been that way. each stage you would need gold to unlock the next (when it happens)
im going to do the peougot seasoner later, see where i rank. if anyone knows a good set up for the 205 turbo, can you let me know please. thanks :)

Cargo rats' tune is awesome :bowdown:, its in the OP in the seasonal thread.

For anyone hoping they have what it takes to reach the national finals (but not confident), it's worth noting that most of the well recognised fast drivers have already been to Race Camp, so even if you do qualify outside the catchment zone then you're still in with a shot of being selected!

@BanditKarter22 so someone who has already been, such as yourself wont be allowed through again even if you qualify fastest
just got world rank 150 and UK 13th in seasonals. if that was academy i would qualify?

You'd qualify without people being removed or be just outside, but there are likely to be more people trying harder in GT Academy. I'd say you're still in with a decent shot, though. Good luck.

@BanditKarter22 so someone who has already been, such as yourself wont be allowed through again even if you qualify fastest
just got world rank 150 and UK 13th in seasonals. if that was academy i would qualify?
You're definitely in with a shot, it's not all about gaming speed! The guy that was fastest (just pipped me), in the qualifier last time didn't get through to race camp because he wasn't fit enough and his driving in the real car wasn't as good. On the other hand, one of the guys that got through to race camp only just scraped through the gaming part and then he aced the fitness. They're looking for the overall package, speed on the sim is impressive but at the end of the day you'll be driving a real car! Good luck! 👍

I assume we're not allowed to re enter then if we've made race camp, in black and white anywere for definite?
I would presume that unless they put a clause in the new rules saying that past race camp finalists can re-enter, then we won't be able to. It did say in the rules last year that we won't be able to enter future competitions.

I'm probably going to fail with my ds3 but I have a cheap wheel not force feedback but might give it a try got to be hopeful

Once we get to the leaderboard phase, perhaps we can note up on here who of the "qualifying bracket" is ineligible for further parts of the competition so it will be easier to figure who the legible top 25 would be.

Back