2015 ADAC Zurich 24 Hours of Nurburgring

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tired Tyres
  • 590 comments
  • 45,764 views
The gap is 48 seconds, after almost 22 hours of racing.

The Audi is really flying now though.
 
But Audi has now the advantage. They can push and only need to do 1 stop. BMW needs a lot of code-60 to make it with 1 stop
 
But Audi has now the advantage. They can push and only need to do 1 stop. BMW needs a lot of code-60 to make it with 1 stop

I'm not sure it will be enough with one more stop for the Audi though. How long have their stints been?
 
I'm not sure it will be enough with one more stop for the Audi though. How long have their stints been?

The usually do 75 minutes, next stop is due in 35 minutes, so with 1 hour left. BMW should come 2 laps before Audi so they either do another stop or have to save fuel.
 
ab8ScreenShot20150517at.png
 
Seems like BMW can now make it with 1 stop. They will come in after this lap with 1:11h left and their stint is then 1:16h long. So 1 Stop for the top 2 cars and 49 seconds between them
 
I wonder if they have any soft tyres left.
 
I wonder if they have any soft tyres left.

It's to hot for the Soft tires. They won't work for 9 laps, they are designed for Quali and up to 18° Celcius asphalt temp. At least that's what the Michelin guy said yesterday
 
I just hope that they can overtake that Audi before they run out of time. :nervous:
 
#25 in now. Maxim Martin stays in for double stint.

Audi should come in in 1-2 laps. Go Audi!
 
I don't know what happened??? Doesn't matter what stream you watch, there will be an overwhelming majority coverage of pitstops and interviews! It's really disappointing. I don't remember coverage in years past being this...dull. I really don't feel like a spectator of the actual race. Very low volume for the cars, spotty and jumpy coverage of on-track action, and RLM, while enjoyable, talking about anything but the race really. Plenty of pitstop talk, very little "OH, HE JUST PASSED THE AUDI!!!!!".

I know it might be better than nothing, but I can't help but be upset about it.
 
I don't know what happened??? Doesn't matter what stream you watch, there will be an overwhelming majority coverage of pitstops and interviews! It's really disappointing. I don't remember coverage in years past being this...dull. I really don't feel like a spectator of the actual race. Very low volume for the cars, spotty and jumpy coverage of on-track action, and RLM, while enjoyable, talking about anything but the race really. Plenty of pitstop talk, very little "OH, HE JUST PASSED THE AUDI!!!!!".

I know it might be better than nothing, but I can't help but be upset about it.
It's because only really 2 cars are fighting for the win.
 
As of right now this is the only guy who had his Nur racing license revoked. Franky Cheng of the Audi Race Experience r8 LMS ultra team violated a Code 60 by over 50kph.
CHENG-Cong-Fu-%28Franky%29.jpg
 
As of right now this is the only guy who had his Nur racing license revoked. Franky Cheng of the Audi Race Experience r8 LMS ultra team violated a Code 60 by over 50kph.
CHENG-Cong-Fu-%28Franky%29.jpg
Ishiura (Lexus #53) also did and lost his licence
 
Plus there is just no one who passes the Audi :D :D

Well if Mucke hadn't found someone else's oil last night that there Aston Martin Vantage 007 might have had something to say about that. :sly:
 
I don't know what happened??? Doesn't matter what stream you watch, there will be an overwhelming majority coverage of pitstops and interviews! It's really disappointing. I don't remember coverage in years past being this...dull. I really don't feel like a spectator of the actual race. Very low volume for the cars, spotty and jumpy coverage of on-track action, and RLM, while enjoyable, talking about anything but the race really. Plenty of pitstop talk, very little "OH, HE JUST PASSED THE AUDI!!!!!".

I know it might be better than nothing, but I can't help but be upset about it.

I agree about the car volume but coverage and commentators cannot do much to change the mood of a rather stable, scattered and strategic race.
 
All the action happened at night when the helicopters were not allowed to fly
 
Those flags won't last long
 
As of right now this is the only guy who had his Nur racing license revoked. Franky Cheng of the Audi Race Experience r8 LMS ultra team violated a Code 60 by over 50kph.
CHENG-Cong-Fu-%28Franky%29.jpg
Can someone please explain all this?
 
The Manta Foxtail now has flapping friends!
 
What happened to the Schulze GT-R? Just lost them on live timing.

EDIT: Ok, gearbox problem I hear from Radio LeMans.
 
is there a tolerance level for going over 250km for say, a 1s or 2? , I noticed some drivers going 253 when going up to the final chicane after the long 2km straight, for that slight uphill boost.
 
is there a tolerance level for going over 250km for say, a 1s or 2? , I noticed some drivers going 253 when going up to the final chicane after the long 2km straight, for that slight uphill boost.

no, there is absolut no tolerance but the speed zone is not for the whole straight, they are free to push after the bridge (or somewhere near the bridge)
 
is there a tolerance level for going over 250km for say, a 1s or 2? , I noticed some drivers going 253 when going up to the final chicane after the long 2km straight, for that slight uphill boost.

I think they have green lights on both sides of the track before the overhead bridge to mark the end of the speed limit.
 
Before the speed limits they went a lot faster right? Like closer to 300km/h right? Maybe even 320?
 
Back