2015 F-150 - First Drive Report

• Thread starter Slash
  • 348 comments
And those who do beat them out of "their own game" aren't the companies that go on attacks, specifically the Germans. What manufacture (other than Benz every once in a while) goes out and hammers down their opponents constantly?

And those who do beat them out of "their own game" aren't the companies that go on attacks, specifically the Germans. What manufacture (other than Benz every once in a while) goes out and hammers down their opponents constantly?
Like the new Escape commercials where they compare it to the Cr-v? Claiming much better MPG yet real world ford is beaten by both the CR-V and the previous gen Escape.

Like the new Escape commercials where they compare it to the Cr-v? Claiming much better MPG yet real world ford is beaten by both the CR-V and the previous gen Escape.

I got a previous gen Escape, 2012 V6 AWD rated at 18/23 mpg, but I rarely see below 20mpg average in my regular daily commuting, non-highway even. Meanwhile the new Ecofraud Escapes rarely see above 20mpg unless it is an all highway run.

On top of that the 1.6 EB Escapes seem to get regular recalls for spontaneous combustion.

The daftest thing Ford did with the new Escape was ditch the hybrid model. Got great real-world gas mileage (unlike the EcoBoost) and they're incredibly reliable too. Big step backwards with the new car.

I got a previous gen Escape, 2012 V6 AWD rated at 18/23 mpg, but I rarely see below 20mpg average in my regular daily commuting, non-highway even. Meanwhile the new Ecofraud Escapes rarely see above 20mpg unless it is an all highway run.

On top of that the 1.6 EB Escapes seem to get regular recalls for spontaneous combustion.
I have a first gen Escape, 3.0L V6 AWD and it never sees less that 20.

ku-xlarge.jpg

What kinda MPG do you think this gets? :lol:

And I wonder what the new Raptor is going to look like.

Ford says they are working to get certified body shops ready to go with as much as 80% of the market within a half hour of a certified facility. However the repairs are now dealer only, so small time shops are out of luck with the new vehicles unless they tool up. Insurance will increase by up to 10% because of the new body, though still cheaper than RAM and GM.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/21/...plan/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016&ts=1390337375

Ford says they are working to get certified body shops ready to go with as much as 80% of the market within a half hour of a certified facility. However the repairs are now dealer only, so small time shops are out of luck with the new vehicles unless they tool up. Insurance will increase by up to 10% because of the new body, though still cheaper than RAM and GM.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/21/...plan/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016&ts=1390337375
From Ford's marketing guy.:lol: The real test will be when the fleet managers are crunching the numbers and start comparing insurance cost,which btw wont be offset by the ecobust myth of the near 30 mpg fullsize truck.

What myth? Never heard about it till now.

In any case, this aluminum thing might be an problem now but in 10-15 years everyone will adapt and it'll be a non issue. Such is the auto industry.

What myth? Never heard about it till now.

In any case, this aluminum thing might be an problem now but in 10-15 years everyone will adapt and it'll be a non issue. Such is the auto industry.

The Ecoboost engines in the F-150 don't get anywhere close to the mileage that Ford claims they do.

The Ecoboost engines in the F-150 don't get anywhere close to the mileage that Ford claims they do.
This. The average economy is about 14 mpg, no better than the gas guzzling V8's of old.

Include the 4 cyl car engine in that too.The future for light duty trucks is some sort of hybrid engine-gas,diesel,hydrogen,or Mr.Fusion.
*Water bubbles come out of car* What is wrong with my car? Ohh yeah it runs on hydrogen. :dunce:

Those mirrors make it look like a T-Rex to me.

Still, not awful looking but definitely not the best looking in its class either, in my opinion.

I wish they'd bring back the old style mirrors. Or at least vent windows.

I could car less about A/C. As long as I have general heat and defrost I'm good.

Maybe where you live, but here (Texas) it can get up to 112°F

It can get that hot here as well. And when it's humid it's even worse. Nothing like going for a drive with 5 windows open and the floor vent. You got 2 vent windows, 2 windows, a rear slider and the floor vents that drive in air from the cowel. Like driving a convertible.

That said, does any brand even offer rear sliders anymore?

I think there might be electric ones on high-HIGH end models...but that used to be optioned on even base models (which are hard to get anyways these days).

They probably want an arm and a leg for it :lol:

Random:

My dad used to work for a company that made them, so he has a couple of spares for our truck.

Why is it funny to me that the only people in this thread who want oldschool truck mirrors and vent windows to return are fans of Slash and 5-0s? I don't mean to poke fun but, come on, yeah I do. @Slashfan @Badasp5.0

Murica.

Wait, by vent windows do you mean the back window that slides in the middle? Or the door-corner-window thing next to the mirror?

Wait, by vent windows do you mean the back window that slides in the middle? Or the door-corner-window thing next to the mirror?
Vent windows are the mini windows next to the mirror seen on old vehicles that are adjustable and entirely independant from the main window. The back window that moves is known as a rear slider.

Latest Posts

Back