2015 Ford Mustang - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 6,247 comments
I'd be genuinely surprised if that's the case. The GT350 is less than 2 years old; not sure what exactly needs face lifting. Meanwhile, we're still close to 3 years waiting for the GT500 to bow. I think that's what the mule is testing personally; Ford isn't going to let the Hellcats run their little market for much longer.

I don't think it'll be that long. I'd bet you'll see it at Detroit in January for the 2018 model year.
I'm referring to how long it's been since the GT500 has been gone; 2014.

All the articles point to the car in question as the mule for the 2018 GT500. Which, would sound pretty reasonable with an unsurprising 740+Hp just to one up the Hellcats.

I know that, i'm saying that the mule could be a facelifted GT350/R.

It could but as @McLaren put it that's a bit of wasted resources, more so in the fact that why build and spend the money on a new engine when you only end up using it for one car. To me the simple answer is that it perhaps his a
GT500 and just expanding further on the Voodoo motor with some type of forced induction.

It may be a combination of Voodoo and Trinity with yet another code name.

I wouldn't be, considering the Voodoo is a variant equation of the Coyote, which in itself is a complete evolution of the modular engines from the Ford GT which were the Trinity and Condor. So I don't see them using old kit when they've got much more advance stuff at play. I can only see them either going completely off the wall with one or other other. My hope is a much more powerful Voodoo, but with a car already bouncing off the limiter at 8300 I feel it may be more tricky.

The only other thing I could see happening which would really upset me since it'd have no real purpose is if they did the GT's version of the 3.5 tt. I get why the GT was given it but if the GT500 did it would be strange and out of place, and though I know no one brought it up, I feel it could be a talking point in the future.

Last edited:
The only other thing I could see happening which would really upset me since it'd have no real purpose is if they did the GT's version of the 3.5 tt. I get why the GT was given it but if the GT500 did it would be strange and out of place, and though I know no one brought it up, I feel it could be a talking point in the future.

It would also send quite a confused message, that the entry car makes do with a V6 that's rated lower than the four, but here's one good enough to top the range.

VXR
It would also send quite a confused message, that the entry car makes do with a V6 that's rated lower than the four, but here's one good enough to top the range.

Which I think already irritated people as well when they saw the Halo car given it, a car that last time was seen was a donor to the highest performing mustangs from Ford. Also the V6 was purposely done for GTLM/GTE as we found out later which is why if it did happen, I would't understand the move, because unlike GT racing, the real world doesn't have this restriction of engine size and power.

Voodoo is very impressive, I think they have bored the modular block out as far as possible there. I just can't see them not pulling the old tall deck out one more time to bump displacement as before. Trinity was 5.8L, I think 6L or more may be doable to go after Hellcat at it's own game. Trinity was a tall deck Coyote more than a simple 5.4L bore out.

I hope they leave the 3.5 out also, but I can hear the engineers licking their chops to do it sadly.

Last edited:
Personally I think that they should consider the 2.7 Ecoboost V6 in the lineup instead of the 3.5.

Refreshed Ford Mustang spied testing on public roads

mustang-facelft-d01-kgp-ed-1.jpg

Interesting that the wheels on it are the same ones from the 2010 Shelby GT500, rather than ones off the current car.
Wheel size change probably. They may be using something they have laying around that's similar in size to what they are planning on using in the changes, and just don't have the new wheels available to them yet.

I almost died today. It has now been zero days since a Mustang attacked a crowd.
IMG_4984.JPG

Hey, ya'll hear about the development of three-wheel steering? It looks pretty promising.

Back