2015 Formula 1 British Grand Prix

In 2009 they barely mentioned Hamilton, it was all about Button. British TV is naturally going to favour the most competitive British driver.

The best example I can give of why I don't like Hamilton is in the GP2 and GP3 races today. This being the British Grand Prix, there was naturally a focus on the British drivers. But there was suddenly this cult of personality around them - they were all suddenly in contention for podium finishes, even though anyone who was only half paying attention could tell that it wouldn't happen. It's like that for Hamilton in every single race, and any sort of objectivity from the commentators goes out the window
But then normalised for all the points systems, Hamilton has the 5th highest points per start score of any driver in the history of ever. The only current driver who is anywhere close to that is Vettel...

Like him or not he is, with Vettel and Alonso, objectively one of the most effective drivers of all time, never mind in the current field.

And like I said, Hamilton fans have surpassed Raikkonen fans in their blind dedication to him - at their absolute worst, Hamilton can do no wrong and anyone who says otherwise is treated the same way as a Russian opposition party.
Welcome to the internet, where fans of something that you're not a fan of are often overbearing bell ends.

Hamilton (vs. anyone), PC (vs. Mac), PC (vs. consoles), PS2/3/4 (vs XBox/360/XBOne), Linux (vs. Windows), Safari (vs. Chrome), Chrome (vs. Firefox), Firefox (vs. Explorer), Corvette (vs. Viper) - it's got nothing to do with the actual thing being supported. It's just that people are amplifier tubes about what it is they like.

I guess stuff like this doesn't help you to increase your popularity, even if it was just meant as a joke, but how many of the viewers do even know Ali G?

Great race, very well done to Hamilton on a great drive, though im gutted for Williams and Massa but they messed up but a super effort none the less.

So as expected Williams struggled massively in the rain, well done to Felipe as he outdrove Valtteri by a big margin in the end. Also awesome start too, maybe his boy taught him Mario Kart skills.

Good to see Fernando score a point again. Must be a bit surreal for him given at start of race he ended up in a situation where he t-boned Jenson's car and this is the race he ended up getting his first points for McLaren Honda and another race finish after four consecutive retirements. Probably also didn't have the best strategy so a point well-earned in adversity.

A bit of a shame for Daniil. Close, but no cigar. Also good to see it work out well for Bob, the B-Spec Force India.

Poor Kimi again and things worked out well for Sebastian as usual but credit to him.

Well done finally to Lewis 👍, seemed to have been put in trouble then saved by the British rain.

And like I said, Hamilton fans haters have surpassed Raikkonen fans haters in their blind dedication hatred to him - at their absolute worst, Hamilton can do no only wrong and anyone who says otherwise is treated the same way as a Russian opposition party blind dedicated fan. It takes a hell of a lot of the fun out of things when you're viewed with suspicion and subversion just because you don't support a particular successful driver.
Fixed. :P

Last edited:
I guess stuff like this doesn't help you to increase your popularity, even if it was just meant as a joke, but how many of the viewers do even know Ali G?

Well British media interviewing a British driver, about a well known controversial British actor/comedian... The message was clear who he was talking about and those who didn't know could easily find out. I laughed when he made the reference, for one because it was refreshing and two cause it was funny serious or not. The fact that certain people (non-fans most times) cling to this instance of judgement even years after the fact says more about how they rather keep Lewis in their mind as a constant negative. Similar to those who tend to cling to the hate with Alonso and how his fans wrote derogatory things on a Spain track side and how he tried to brush it aside and claim that no real action should be taken.

Despite that these drivers overcome moments like this and either get better as people or relish in it, but at the end of the day to sit there and cling to history that isn't all that representative of who they are is a key issue here. As Famine said like him or not it doesn't change the fact that Lewis will already go down in history and to some be the greatest driver there ever was which is obviously arguable but doesn't change the fact he earned that.
So as expected Williams struggled massively in the rain, well done to Felipe as he outdrove Valtteri by a big margin in the end. Also awesome start too, maybe his boy taught him Mario Kart skills.

Good to see Fernando score a point again. Must be a bit surreal for him given at start of race he ended up in a situation where he t-boned Jenson's car and this is the race he ended up getting his first points for McLaren Honda and another race finish after four consecutive retirements. Probably also didn't have the best strategy so a point well-earned in adversity.

A bit of a shame for Daniil. Close, but no cigar. Also good to see it work out well for Bob, the B-Spec Force India.

Poor Kimi again and things worked out well for Sebastian as usual but credit to him.

Well done finally to Lewis 👍, seemed to have been put in trouble then saved by the British rain.

Fixed. :P

I'm curious if that hurts the prospect of Bottas a bit in the eyes of a team that just got rid of Massa and plan to give the boot to another aging driver if media is to be believed.

Fantastic race!, great job by Lewis and Mercedes and a spot-on call to pit just before the rain, no idea what Williams were really doing with their drivers earlier on, it could have been different if they let them race but it was bad luck for them with the rain, happy for Alonso too 👍

Welcome back Formula One, you have been missed!

Yep, he said back in May he has no deal for 2016. Given the amount of talented drivers there are, I'm sure there a lot who are interested in taking his place. He could go the way of Paul di Resta.

...I highly doubt it, one Williams are probably more than willing to keep him and he's holding out for a better deal from a team like Ferrari. Two PDR is no where near a good comparison nor was Di Resta all that great to begin with. Also looking more into it, it seems team orders play a role in the way Williams ended today.

...I highly doubt it, one Williams are probably more than willing to keep him and he's holding out for a better deal from a team like Ferrari. Two PDR is no where near a good comparison nor was Di Resta all that great to begin with. Also looking more into it, it seems team orders play a role in the way Williams ended today.
That may be the case now but towards the end of the season it may not be. Get the feeling that Valtteri thinks he is too good for the team he is driving for a bit like PDR and that can quickly escalate in you being out of a drive. PDR went from close to getting a McLaren drive to being out of F1 a year later. If Valtteri gets beaten by Felipe this year, I wonder what interest level he will have.

It is 6-3 to Felipe in qualifying this year, Monaco qualifying he lacked speed and this race in the rain he was really slow. Seems he lacks a bit the X factor and I have been much more impressed by what the Toro Rosso pair have done this year than he has done so far in F1. They light up the time sheets when drivers can make more the difference and given their lack of experience is seriously impressive.

Williams showed Nico Hülkenberg the door even after he managed to get pole position in penultimate race showing great potential. Valtteri and his management should be careful in their next move. In F1 you can easily go from hero to zero or zero to hero by being at the right place at the right time.
I think Vettel with the pace of today's Williams could have won the race.
Williams were too slow in the rain.

I would just like to add that looking back, the race as a whole was a very very good one. Not the Mercedes procession that we've seen a bit too often so far this season. We had crashes, overtakes and proper battles at the front of the grid, weather, and crucial pit decisions. Of course it would have been nice to have excitement and drama till the very last corner on the last lap, but I guess you can't have it all. ;)

ntcom.jpg

Williams were too slow in the rain.
In the rain Vettel passed booth Williams with this year slower Ferrari.
No chance, Bottas was 1 minute off by the end.
Bottas, who is Bottas?
Are you really comparing Bottas with Sebastian?
That may be the case now but towards the end of the season it may not be. Get the feeling that Valtteri thinks he is too good for the team he is driving for a bit like PDR and that can quickly escalate in you being out of a drive. PDR went from close to getting a McLaren drive to being out of F1 a year later. If Valtteri gets beaten by Felipe this year, I wonder what interest level he will have.

It is 6-3 to Felipe in qualifying this year, Monaco qualifying he lacked speed and this race in the rain he was really slow. Seems he lacks a bit the X factor and I have been much more impressed by what the Toro Rosso pair have done this year than he has done so far in F1. They light up the time sheets when drivers can make more the difference and given their lack of experience is seriously impressive.

Williams showed Nico Hülkenberg the door even after he managed to get pole position in penultimate race showing great potential. Valtteri and his management should be careful in their next move. In F1 you can easily go from hero to zero or zero to hero by being at the right place at the right time.
That's why I'm not happy to know this guy will take Kimi spot next year. I think Hulkenberg, Kvyat or Sainz are potentially much better.

Last edited:
In the rain Vettel passed booth Williams with this year slower Ferrari.

That's why I'm not happy to know this guy will take Kimi spot next year. I think Hulkenberg, Kvyat or Sainz are potentially much better.
Think a lot of cars are faster than Williams in the rain. Hopefully Ferrari keep Kimi for at least another year.

This race was definitely better than the previous races, but realistically that was only because it wasn't a Mercedes at the front for the first half...

Fantastic race!, great job by Lewis and Mercedes and a spot-on call to pit just before the rain, no idea what Williams were really doing with their drivers earlier on, it could have been different if they let them race but it was bad luck for them with the rain, happy for Alonso too 👍

Welcome back Formula One, you have been missed!

Fantastic race?! You must have been watching the more exciting version because the BBC version just came over as the carbon copy of every race this season. At least if you missed the season thus far you can catch up by watching a lap of the race. Good start by rival teams but Mercedes battle to the front with Lewis leading and Avery cheesed off Nico Rosberg in 2nd.

You clearly see something I don't in F1. Could you furnish me with it so I can salvage a milligram of faith in the series?

Ehhhh for once, even though I feel this the majority of the time, I feel otherwise! Not a fan of him really at all, but today I think he was forced to really earn his win, more so than in races like 2014 Bahrain, etc. It was actually a very entertaining race, and I even felt some respect for him afterward, for putting up quite a good fight. He wasn't even a little pretentious for once :lol:!

But I keep liking Nico even more, because he knew he lost out, yet he still found plenty of reasons to still be happy and optimistic. He still portrayed frustration, but it didn't get the better of him. Likewise, I think Kimi is starting to come out of his shell because of his inconsistency. In a philosophical sense, it's almost the case of when one driver manages to keep cool under pressure, another must start to lose it to balance things out.

Good call by Lewis. The team said Nico was on a two stop vs. Lewis's one stop. So with him pushing his tire temp was high when the rain first hit. Lewis was 'cruising' so his tire temp wasnt high, also he had to try and save tires for his one stop strategy. Nico didnt. So the early light rain aided him in that area. Thats why he was closing in on Lewis. Nico was truthful, though. He admitted he didnt think the call to pit by Lewis was the right one.

As for Lewis's musical tastes or who he chooses to associate with, I dont think it matters. You see it here in the U.S. when sports stars are rich and famous, they hang around the rich and famous. Lots of black athletes hang with rappers and R&B stars. Thats what they listen to. You see some race drivers and sports stars marry actresses or singers. Its a non issue imo. If it detracts from their performance thats their problem. Some people get too attached and like to criticize a certain guy. As if none of us has ever been distracted or gone through a rough patch. These guys have lives outside work too! :lol:

I don't know.

Unfortuantely Marchionne is famous for blaming other people for his own failures.
He is also well known for being stingy, Bottas will be cheaper than Kimi.

Anyway, breaking news according to Sky Sport News!
tumblr_nr0s5vR2mz1s0dbnko1_1280.jpg
Seems legit. :lol:

Back