2015 Formula 1 British Grand Prix

So rain makes it better does it? Didn't look like that to me. 👎

Sucks for Williams, but a point for Alonso. McLaren have scored points TWICE. Wow. 👍

I had to just shake my head when they talked about his failed attempt at passing Massa after the safety car. they talked about it being a hero or zero move and ended up saying it was a heroic effort. Couldn't bring themselves to say Hamilton messed up. :lol:
Did you also notice the way everything Hamilton did was the right thing to do, and everyone who did the same thing had made a mistake? They kept talking about the undercut being almost impossible because of the shirt pit length, but when Hamilton went for it, it was suddenly a moment of tactical brilliance.

And people wonder why I don't like Hamilton. I'm not British, so I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid, but every other week, I get Hamilton's supposed brilliance rammed down my throat. In terms of actual performances, he was probably about fourth-best today; Rosberg, Bottas and Massa all out-performed him in terms of racecraft.

Did you also notice the way everything Hamilton did was the right thing to do, and everyone who did the same thing had made a mistake? They kept talking about the undercut being almost impossible because of the shirt pit length, but when Hamilton went for it, it was suddenly a moment of tactical brilliance.

And people wonder why I don't like Hamilton. I'm not British, so I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid, but every other week, I get Hamilton's supposed brilliance rammed down my throat. In terms of actual performances, he was probably about fourth-best today; Rosberg, Bottas and Massa all out-performed him in terms of racecraft.

The Anti Hamilton hate is strong in this one.:lol:

Bottas and Massa were only better if you ignore the wet part of the race.
And Hamilton was only better at the end in the rain.
In the dry he could only get passed the Williams due to the better pit strategy and after the first little rain Rosberg would've gotten him easily if it didn't had started to rain again.

Williams didn't lose this race on anything they did, or didn't do, today. They can't beat Mercedes in a straight fight, and their car sucks in the wet.
They weren't going to win anyways. If anything, their brilliant start limited the damage Mother Nature inflicted on them.

A lot of good fortune with the timing of the stops. The only thing he didn't need was the rain; both Williams could've held back Rosberg for the duration of the race.

And Hamilton was only better at the end in the rain.
In the dry he could only get passed the Williams due to the better pit strategy and after the first little rain Rosberg would've gotten him easily if it didn't had started to rain again.
Mercedes had no need to push the pace on track when they knew they had superior pit strategy to win them the race.

Seems illogical to dislike a driver because of some race commentators and media outlets.
And the rabid fans. Hamilton's are worse than Raikkonen's in their fervour. It's very difficult to like a driver when you're constantly being told how amazing he is to the point where any dissenting voice is treated like a Russian opposition party.

Seems illogical to dislike a driver because of some race commentators and media outlets. I like or disfavour drivers by their on track action.
It is illogical, yes, but I had the same problem with Vettel when he was at RedBull. You just get fed up with a driver when you hear the whole time just "Vettel, Vettel, Vettel" or in this case "Lewis, Lewis, Lewis". I think it's just something that automatically happens in the back of your head without really noticing it. I personally dislike Lewis for his garbage personality, but respect him for his driving skills.

Williams didn't lose this race on anything they did, or didn't do, today. They can't beat Mercedes in a straight fight, and their car sucks in the wet.
They lost 3rd place though, which had nothing to do with their car's performance in the wet.

I heard them mention about how they didn't think the undercut would work, as that was the info Crofty, Brundle and Ted must have been picking up from the teams. You just hear what you want so you can come here and complain.

As I've pointed out before, I'm not English either, yet 95% of sporting TV programs that are broadcast in Scotland*, come from England, so I know exactly where you're coming from, but you're getting very wearing, just like that broken record.

And you call the English whinging poms...

* We barely get Scottish national football teams games broadcast live, yet we get all of England's, complete with English commentary, who think they are broadcasting to an English audience.

Shame Alonso rammed "Our Jens" out of the race. What actually happened to start that mess up on lap 1?

It is illogical, yes, but I had the same problem with Vettel when he was at RedBull. You just get fed up with a driver when you hear the whole time just "Vettel, Vettel, Vettel" or in this case "Lewis, Lewis, Lewis". I think it's just something that automatically happens in the back of your head without really noticing it. I personally dislike Lewis for his garbage personality, but respect him for his driving skills.
Vettel is definitely more likeable now.

Ryk
Shame Alonso rammed "Our Jens" out of the race. What actually happened to start that mess up on lap 1?
From the looks of it, a Lotus or Toro Rosso made a bold move down the inside and started a domino effect.

Back