2015 Formula 1 Gran Premio De Mexico

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 594 comments
Shpeaking of thish, did anyone elshe notish that Bottash and Masha were carring Double-Oh Sheven logosh?
Brindle said they were originally going to stick them on the rear wing, but the thickness of the sticker meant that the airflow didn't reattach quickly after DRS closure so they stuck them to the mirrors.

Not gonna lie, very suprised with how decent red bull did even in dry conditions; and congrats to bottas on making the podium 👍

Not gonna lie, very suprised with how decent red bull did even in dry conditions; and congrats to bottas on making the podium 👍

Didn't surprise me much, ~20% less downforce allowed their car to really shine, imagine if they had a Merc engine and you'll realize why Merc went back on their deal to supply them.

I was really surprised with Williams, Bottas fought so hard and their strategists finally got their **** together. Hats off to them.

I showed up in the world feed during pre-race coverage with my dad!
gwC9Cmo.jpg

Was a big surprise as this was from Saturday during qualifying, not live on Sunday. I wore my GT hat I got from Playstation Experience! REPRESENT.

Here's us on Sunday:

D0c2jZL.jpg

VP5amPv.jpg

i9stEtF.jpg

I have a bunch more photos I made publicly viewable in my Facebook, check it out!

The event was epic to be a part of, the race didn't pan out very well, but the rain never even threatened, I would've loved a wet race. It was so fun to watch none the less. I moved all over the place, it was like being at a football game.

Fans were the best, I fell in love with Mexico again, highly highly recommend going, even if there's no race :P. I loved that people were cheering for anyone who did awesome, not just the favorites. Everyone got due respect, especially Rosberg! Him speaking fluent Spanish was so awesome!

Seeing Checo soak in the love in the stadium during game the drivers' parade was too much, got me a bit emotional. WHAT-AN-EVENT!

I even got to compete with Mexican GT Champ Ricardo Sanchez in the "Gamezone" place. They had F1 2015 (PC with Fanatec CSW) running Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez all weekend. There was supposed to be a prize of paddock passes going to the fastest time so I decided to wait till right before the race on Sunday to attempt it.

And wouldn't you know it, Ricardo was in the same line just ahead of me. What luck!

bgsj9Yh.jpg

I could hear an explosion of excitement when he told them who he was and he beat the record time. I was joking with him about how it was unfair he was there and I thought I had a good chance before that.

After he set that time we shook hands, I congratulated him and said our farewells. I decided to just have fun with it after that. A guy behind me was well versed in GT Academy and races in leagues in rFactor, so I knew he'd be a threat too. Raymundo was really fun to talk to, I pointed him to GT planet, hopefully he joins up as he wants to attack GT Academy next year.

Anyway, our time to try was up. They had all assists on and I couldn't change it. But it was easy enough to adapt to. I beat the record on my first flying lap, out doing Ricardo's time by 6 tenths! Posted a 1:20.2xx I couldn't believe it. I definitely could've went faster but the realization that I had already won kind of threw me off in a sense haha.

Raymundo was next and I watched his run, cheering him on the wheel way. He did a faster first sector than me on his best lap but then messed up in the esses unfortunately, he hit a 20.4. Really close. I felt so fortunate to have been at the Gamezone at the time I was. It was an awesome time!

Bittersweet too though, it really hit me on my lap after hitting the 20.2 that I was going to win freaking paddock passes for the race but it wasn't to be. They told me after letting me know I had the record that the prize was only available to participants in the more expensive Green Zone area of the track (turns 1,2,3) so boohoo. But it was fun as hell anyway and I got to best a GT Academy champ!

Brindle said they were originally going to stick them on the rear wing, but the thickness of the sticker meant that the airflow didn't reattach quickly after DRS closure so they stuck them to the mirrors.
Yeah, I caught that on the replay. The race was on at a bad time for me - it started at six in the morning - so I quickly tuned it before I went to work and spotted the logo. I was looking for it, since Williams provided the C-X75 for the film and Mexico City features prominently in it. Got the full story when I saw the replay later that evening.

Not sure where to put this but I found it very amusing that now Ron Dennis has put his veto on RBR getting the honda engine.

Looks like the Mclaren chassis is not as good as what they were claiming all year. Otherwise there is no reason to refuse RBR an engine. It would definitely help to have 2 manufacturers sorting it up.

It's not that at all. It's that they don't want to end up becoming second fiddle to another team again like they did with Mercedes GP.

Looks like the Mclaren chassis is not as good as what they were claiming all year.
They were within three tenths of a second of Mercedes through sectors two and three all weekend.

It would definitely help to have 2 manufacturers sorting it up.
McLaren don't think so. They know what the problem is, and they know how to fix it. A second team won't tell them anything that they don't already know. But what it will do is direct resources away from the development of the engine as Honda set up a second supply operation and delay their ability to recover.

Not sure where to put this but I found it very amusing that now Ron Dennis has put his veto on RBR getting the honda engine.

Which event were you watching? They were very fast through S2 and S3, it's S1 with the long straight where they ran out of oomph. If Honda can fix the engine for next year then McLaren could run very very well.

If he didn't pit he would have been under massive pressure after the safety car anyway, that little moment where he went wide could have been much worse.

And if the boots were on the other car... can you imagine the whinging? If Hamilton had been pitted for a safety stop from the lead and Rosberg had been allowed to trundle gustless from 2nd to 1st, oh the rage.

Mercedes spend a lot of money to go racing and pitting both cars for new tyres while they had the time advantage was a no-brainer, imo.

Stop whinging, Lewis - he beat you fair and square (which is more than can be said for that move in Austin):

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...ercedes-are-trying-to-keep-nico-rosberg-happy

That statement surprised me. Did he forget Rosberg outpaced him in FP1, 2 and 3? Not to mention Qualifying? And Hamilton only got within DRS range a couple of times the entire race, only to make a mistake and drop back about a second. Rosberg won by being consistent and methodical this weekend.

Not to mention they were on the same strategy the entire race. I also seem to recall Rosberg being a full second quicker than Hamilton on the new tires when Hamilton was stalling the decision to pit.

I wonder if having no more championship pressure has something to do with it.

Probably not, I mean it's not like that is the first time he's beaten Lewis fair and square. He just doesn't do it consistently enough.

Make what you want of this theory but I reckon the pressure was on Nico more in Mexico, than any other race of his career. Yet he handled it beautifully. Usually pressure is at it's worst when you've messed up badly, as opposed to when you're fighting for something. Because it's not just external pressure you get, but internal pressure also; not just to make up for your mistake, but to prove yourself to you and everyone else once more! That's what I've experienced anyway.

Didn't surprise me much, ~20% less downforce allowed their car to really shine, imagine if they had a Merc engine and you'll realize why Merc went back on their deal to supply them.

I was really surprised with Williams, Bottas fought so hard and their strategists finally got their **** together. Hats off to them.

I showed up in the world feed during pre-race coverage with my dad!
gwC9Cmo.jpg

Was a big surprise as this was from Saturday during qualifying, not live on Sunday. I wore my GT hat I got from Playstation Experience! REPRESENT.

Here's us on Sunday:

D0c2jZL.jpg

VP5amPv.jpg

i9stEtF.jpg

I have a bunch more photos I made publicly viewable in my Facebook, check it out!

The event was epic to be a part of, the race didn't pan out very well, but the rain never even threatened, I would've loved a wet race. It was so fun to watch none the less. I moved all over the place, it was like being at a football game.

Fans were the best, I fell in love with Mexico again, highly highly recommend going, even if there's no race :P. I loved that people were cheering for anyone who did awesome, not just the favorites. Everyone got due respect, especially Rosberg! Him speaking fluent Spanish was so awesome!

Seeing Checo soak in the love in the stadium during game the drivers' parade was too much, got me a bit emotional. WHAT-AN-EVENT!

I even got to compete with Mexican GT Champ Ricardo Sanchez in the "Gamezone" place. They had F1 2015 (PC with Fanatec CSW) running Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez all weekend. There was supposed to be a prize of paddock passes going to the fastest time so I decided to wait till right before the race on Sunday to attempt it.

And wouldn't you know it, Ricardo was in the same line just ahead of me. What luck!

bgsj9Yh.jpg

I could hear an explosion of excitement when he told them who he was and he beat the record time. I was joking with him about how it was unfair he was there and I thought I had a good chance before that.

After he set that time we shook hands, I congratulated him and said our farewells. I decided to just have fun with it after that. A guy behind me was well versed in GT Academy and races in leagues in rFactor, so I knew he'd be a threat too. Raymundo was really fun to talk to, I pointed him to GT planet, hopefully he joins up as he wants to attack GT Academy next year.

Anyway, our time to try was up. They had all assists on and I couldn't change it. But it was easy enough to adapt to. I beat the record on my first flying lap, out doing Ricardo's time by 6 tenths! Posted a 1:20.2xx I couldn't believe it. I definitely could've went faster but the realization that I had already won kind of threw me off in a sense haha.

Raymundo was next and I watched his run, cheering him on the wheel way. He did a faster first sector than me on his best lap but then messed up in the esses unfortunately, he hit a 20.4. Really close. I felt so fortunate to have been at the Gamezone at the time I was. It was an awesome time!

Bittersweet too though, it really hit me on my lap after hitting the 20.2 that I was going to win freaking paddock passes for the race but it wasn't to be. They told me after letting me know I had the record that the prize was only available to participants in the more expensive Green Zone area of the track (turns 1,2,3) so boohoo. But it was fun as hell anyway and I got to best a GT Academy champ!

Holy crap thats pretty cool! glad that you enjoyed the experience 👍

I think had the track been the original layout, Hamilton would have had the advantage all weekend with it's much longer middle phase corners that would favour a strong front end setup/driving style. The rich combination of short, Tilke middle phase corners combined with plenty of others with braking and direction change neutralises the Mercedes drivers, so Rosberg's effort was genuine. It was a similar situation with Barichello and Schumacher.

Make what you want of this theory but I reckon the pressure was on Nico more in Mexico, than any other race of his career. Yet he handled it beautifully. Usually pressure is at it's worst when you've messed up badly, as opposed to when you're fighting for something. Because it's not just external pressure you get, but internal pressure also; not just to make up for your mistake, but to prove yourself to you and everyone else once more! That's what I've experienced anyway.
Agreed. There's no pressure like the pressure you feel when picking yourself up after a setback.

Many people...us, the commentators, people in the paddock...were looking at this as the most important race Nico has had. People wanted to see the fabric of his character, to see if he had what it took to fight back.

Had he not beat Lewis, many people were willing to write his career off. Nico is not stupid. He was aware of all the chatter.

There's no bigger pressure than when you are in a "this is your last chance to prove something" scenario.

Agreed. There's no pressure like the pressure you feel when picking yourself up after a setback.

Many people...us, the commentators, people in the paddock...were looking at this as the most important race Nico has had. People wanted to see the fabric of his character, to see if he had what it took to fight back.

Had he not beat Lewis, many people were willing to write his career off. Nico is not stupid. He was aware of all the chatter.

There's no bigger pressure than when you are in a "this is your last chance to prove something" scenario.
With all the talk of his throwing away of victory in Austin which frankly, I think was his own doing (I don't believe the gust of wind story one bit), and his reaction to Lewis post race; he was definitely in such a scenario. The pressure on him was immense! So how did he respond? Only by taking pole, fastest lap, and victory, and everything Lewis could throw at him.

EDIT: I must add I was one of those willing to write his career off, had he not won in Mexico. I even said before the race that if he lost to Hamilton there, he may as well hang up his helmet.

Latest Posts

Back