2015 Formula 1 Gran Premio De Mexico

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 594 comments
hsv
I'd also like to note that the constant Maldonado bashing can't get any more stale. He's had a handful of concentration lapses in the past, that's about it. I can point you to much worse, far less able drivers that have recently graced Formula 1.

I agree. He's not world champion material, but I'd say there are four or five drivers who are less deserving of a place in F1 this year alone.

In terms of outright speed he's very closely matched to Grosjean (and has been for some time). The main issue with him is that it has taken about four years before he's achieved anything approaching consistency, which is far more of a chance that most drivers get.

Well..hard to sum up a race where its Vettel that overcooks multiple times and crashes while Maldonado almost crashes. Opposite day in Mexico clearly.

Several laps ago ESPN momentarily thought both Massa and Vettel were Mercedes drivers. In their dreams! :lol:

Speaking of the Mercedes drivers they've both pitted, and it's back to the status quo. So it's going to come down to how can look after their tyres the best.

32701468.jpg

Cameramen aren't exactly subtle with their perving, are they.

As obvious as that was, ain't no Cameraman perv like a Moto GP cameraman perv.

Does anyone know anything about the goatee dude that gives them the watches in the room? He's always intrigued me, a nameless, voiceless figure at every F1 race. He stands in the room, gives them their watches and other sponsor gubbins when they arrive, maybe the hats as well, then leaves.

I always kinda wondered. He's like a well dressed F1 Santa Claus that only shows up post race.

Well anyway a rather 'standard' 2015 race overall, a little better after the safety car but nothing too exciting.

6/10.

Would slightly watch again? Perhaps with tequila?

Race was ok. A bummer really both Ferraris had to retire...

Also, a comment from another board I am regularly visisting for also F1 stuff (NeoGaf), made me laugh like a mad man at 23.30pm, my poor parents: "Vettel picking up his own debris like an orderly German"

:lol:

Was that his face when they gave him a 90 spot grid Penalty? :lol:

Monaco 1996? Schumacher into the barrier and Irvine rear-ended by Salo and Häkkinen. Both at the same part of the circuit.
It was Australia 2006, Massa at turn 1 and Schumacher at the final corner.
Massa2006_gallery__600x366.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Maybe the Bowler Hat would be more appropriate for the UK, also probably more 'podium practical' :lol:
rsz_mrgreenstand.png

Or maybe a Stovepipe Victorian one!

Maybe the Bowler Hat would be more appropriate for the UK, also probably more 'podium practical' :lol:
rsz_mrgreenstand.png

Or maybe a Stovepipe Victorian one!

Surely the British National Hat (if there were such a thing) would be a pearly king hat or a Beefeater hat?

Try telling someone on the plane that the organisers gave you a bowler. You'd be in an isolation ward for five weeks while you tried to explain....*

*Crap ebola pun

The beefeater would just be impractical, I can't imagine putting them on on the podium going well :lol:

A flat cap wearing Yorkshireman driver in F1 would be a breath of fresh air from the PR robots.

"Eeh, he was right up me trumpet in that corner. Flippin eck I thought, I'll have the old mucker up t'road."
"Ah, I nearly had the bugger round top bend"
"It was a smashing lap, lad. I'll tell you that for nowt"
"Ah I had terrible understeer, just clegged it straight off t'road. Me car wor goin' grand up till then."

A flat cap wearing Yorkshireman driver in F1 would be a breath of fresh air from the PR robots.

"Eeh, he was right up me trumpet in that corner. Flippin eck I thought, I'll have the old mucker up t'road."
"Ah, I nearly had the bugger round top bend"
"It was a smashing lap, lad. I'll tell you that for nowt"
"Ah I had terrible understeer, just clegged it straight off t'road. Me car wor goin' grand up till then."

I've thought that for years. A true Yorkshireman in F1 would certainly brighten things up, however I can imagine him complaining that the Union flag would be waved as apposed to the White Rose and no brass band.

Back