2015 Formula 1 Shell Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 456 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
(Kinda amazed this hasn't been started yet)

After a 4 week summer break, Formula One is back, and it's at Spa. Most of the criticism of boring races has been forgotten after two fantastic Grand Prix at Silverstone and Budapest. Will Spa be just as good?
1421422271159.png

Event date: 21-23 August 2015
Number of Laps: 44
Circuit Length: 7.004 km (4.352 mi)
Race Distance: 308.052 km (191.415 mi)
Lap Record: Sebastian Vettel, 2009 - 1:47.263

2014 Podium:
1st - Daniel Ricciardo - Red Bull
2nd - Nico Rosberg - Mercedes
3rd - Valtteri Bottas - Williams

I forgot to post up the thread, but I'm looking forward to the race. If there's some rain forecast we should have a great race I think.

s1_20230.jpg

With the recent news of Shell getting approval to drill in the arctic. Will Greenpeace make a return to Spa?

Both McLarens will start from the back due to engine penalties. The back of the grid, not the back of the car. That's normal. BBC. Alonso/Button believe that this could be a safer position than mid-pack due to the inevitable Lap 1 Spa Shenanigans.

The BBC are also reported that Ferrari have resigned Raikkonnen. I think they mean re-signed, unless the rest of the world has got it wrong.

Both McLarens will start from the back due to engine penalties. The back of the grid, not the back of the car. That's normal. BBC. Alonso/Button believe that this could be a safer position than mid-pack due to the inevitable Lap 1 Spa Shenanigans.
And the weekend hasn't even started yet. That's just hard... But I guess it could help them with the new start rules and being behind it instead of in it, like you said.

Maldonaaaaadoooooooooo.... Oh wait... am I late?

Digging the Mercedes rear wing. It's that kind of innovative thinking that should bring the field closer together.

Errh... if someone else were doing it, I mean.

s1_20230.jpg

With the recent news of Shell getting approval to drill in the arctic. Will Greenpeace make a return to Spa?

Well with oil prices hitting rock bottom I doubt Shell will actually start doing anything for at least a couple of years.

Well with oil prices hitting rock bottom I doubt Shell will actually start doing anything for at least a couple of years.

Shell research will continue and they'll stock-pile (either themselves or in a third-party subsidiary) until it's time to sell.

Regarding Maldonado; I see that Lotus decided to give the new front wing design solely to Grosjean. I wonder if that was a fiscal constraint, plain-common-sense or a combination of the two?

The thing about Maldonaderp's crash is that he managed to crash in a way nobody else does. If he'd run wide and spun in the gravel, we'd have had a chuckle but blamed it on a normal mistake. However, like last season when he crashed in a straight line, he managed to find a way into the barriers that most F1 drivers wouldn't dream of, losing it in a normal acceleration zone.

Lotus really need to be bought out by Renault, so they have enough money to be able to survive without Pastor's cash so they can kick him out.

Off the grid news.

Max has a new sponsor. Exact IT software, who also sponsored Jos. The amount of money thrown at him remains a secret.

Lotus really need to be bought out by Renault, so they have enough money to be able to survive without Pastor's cash so they can kick him out.
Martin Brundle reckons that if it's going to happen, then it's going to happen in 2017.

Back