2015 Formula 1 Shell Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 456 comments
Well that post is to keep those kinds of events within one post.
It's kinda convenient, you know?

No. If you follow these race threads at all you'll see that they're constantly updated with posts, particularly during the qualifying and race sessions. Having one "news" post in each would be pointless unless the OPs themselves decide to post certain pe

Looks like McLaren will be starting the race at the Masta Kink at this rate

Yup, on lap 3.

No. If you follow these race threads at all you'll see that they're constantly updated with posts, particularly during the qualifying and race sessions. Having one "news" post in each would be pointless unless the OPs themselves decide to post certain pe

Yup, on lap 3.
Fine, I'll remove it.

Lotus are facing legal action from Charles Pic, who claims that the team did not give him the number of testing and FP1 days in his contract. If he is successful, they team could have their cars impounded after the race (which is thoughtful of him).

Lotus are facing legal action from Charles Pic, who claims that the team did not give him the number of testing and FP1 days in his contract. If he is successful, they team could have their cars impounded after the race (which is thoughtful of him).

So what? Bad things happens when you don't comply with your contractual obligations.

Button and Alonso with a combined 55 place grid penalty. I guess they'll be starting Spa from Singapore then.
It's actually a pretty coy move from the team - they're using their seventh and eighth engines and taking the penalties now so that they will be free to use those engines at Monza and Marina Bay, because those races will be crucial to assessing the development of the RA615H; Monza is power-heavy and Singapore demands traction. Spa needs a balance between downforce and straight-line speed that makes the race too difficult for anything other than assessing the build of the engine. And it's believed that Honda have a new problem: there was a fault in the ICE that was putting huge pressure on the other components when the were running at peak performance. So Honda de-tuned everything, and gradually turned the wick up race by race. The Spa upgrades are designed to correct the problem, but now they have found that the MGU-H is inefficient; it's not harvesting energy under braking in medium-speed corners, and what energy it is harvesting is being spent too quickly - it was scrabbling for traction out of La Source - so while the car is (probably) producing the same power as the Ferrari as per Honda's prediction, it's running out of juice halfway around the lap - it suddenly bleeds about 120kW shortly before the approach to Blanchimont. But the problem is more likely a byproduct of the long circuit length and bedding in the updates, since they weren't having this problem at Silverstone. It should be something that they can sort out for Sochi.

My. That was a good Honda engine upgrade. :dunce:

They say that now the upgrades are on they've exposed a (fixable) weakness in the MGU-H. They can't do much about it for this race but expect an improvement for the next. Like they always do.

:lol: Something broke. It's a good job he's having so much bad luck otherwise he wouldn't have any luck at all.

They might as well repaint those lines for all the good they're doing hemming people in.

Kyvat seemed to fall afoul of them two or three times on that lap.

So Lewis by half a second. Nico had a close call on that lap. He'll want to go again.

Williams over Vettel.

I can see everyone going out again for one more lap here in Q3.

Do mine ears deceive me? Martin Brundle just tempered David Croft's enthusiasm for Hamilton running away with it by pointing out that Rosberg's time was not representative?

Do mine ears deceive me? Martin Brundle just tempered David Croft's enthusiasm for Hamilton running away with it by pointing out that Rosberg's time was not representative?

It really isn't. Nico had a moment or two back there. A clean lap should put him close to Hamilton's 1.47.449.

Right now... they're even and faster than that lap.

Hamilton at almost 1.47 flat... Nico is likely not going to make it. Yup... 2/10ths short of Lewis' first time... and far off Lewis' last lap.

Big disappointment for Ferrari. What the hell happened there?

Back