2015 Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore GP

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by TenEightyOne, Sep 15, 2015.

1. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

After two of F1's fastest tracks it's back to street racing in the dark.

Onboard with Lewis Hamilton at Singapore, 2014, via Formula1.com.

This years circuit has a change at Turn 13 which should see the drivers carrying more speed and bringing lap times down. Still, this race runs at nearly the full two hours.

2015-Circuit-Map-EN-page-001.jpg

Organisers are currently monitoring a smog cloud that has settled across Singapore. The smog's expected to last into next week. This shouldn't affect the drivers themselves too much but, as we've seen in India in the past, atmospheric conditions that restrict medicopter operation can lead to sessions being postponed.

ProjectF and Michelin like this.
  2. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

I think I'll give this one a miss. All anybody is going to care about is Hamilton matching Senna's record, and the hero worship he usually gets is bad enough; this time it will be unbearable.

Swagger897 likes this.
  3. mustafur

mustafur

When you hate a driver so much you won't bother watching a race.

I think Redbull might make things interesting but ultimately Mercedes have this.

4. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

ProjectF likes this.
  5. NOVOCAINE

NOVOCAINE

Red Bull might get in amongst the Mercedes but I think Ferrari, and Vettel in particular, will still be their strongest opposition. Just as they were in Monaco.

6. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

In fairness Hamilton points out that he's only able to approach the record due to Senna's untimely death. Still, you're probably right to sit this one out :D

7. Whodoyouthink

Whodoyouthink

Well....what if Rosberg ends up spoiling the party? That would be fun! Here's to hoping his car doesn't crap out again, just like both last race and last year!

Also, it's fun seeing and hearing the drivers nearly being cooked alive. That alone is worth watching :D.
    Actually it's terrible but at the same time inspiring to see them put up with it and persevere

ProjectF likes this.
  8. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

No plans to alter schedules over visibility or air quality, according to the race organisers. BBC. Air quality has now improved to Unhealthy, it was previously rated Very Unhealthy.

ECGadget likes this.
  9. Swagger897

Swagger897 Premium

Why can't we just move all of green peace and the entirety of the EPA to Asia....

Anyways, I'm still excited for this race somewhat. IIRC, Kimi was good here last time, so hopefully there's some improvement.

10. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

Why, are they firefighters?

11. Swagger897

Swagger897 Premium

Don't care if they're firefighters or businessmen.... I just want them outta here.

12. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

Yes, they're utter monsters, what with all the trying to save the planet from dying a toxic death.

13. Nessy

Nessy

I'm a big Hamilton fan, but Autotune is not a good look. :yuck:

Remember kids.. "Just say no sir, to Vo-co-der"

BRRT_Angel, brocktj4 and catamount39 like this.
  14. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

In which case I don't see the relevance of the smoke from the brush fires at the Singaporean GP to your apparent hatred of Greenpeace. Wrong thread?

DK, Furinkazen and GTPorsche like this.
  15. NOVOCAINE

NOVOCAINE

This is probably one race that Kevin is thankful he isn't doing this year! :lol:

16. NW48

NW48

17. ECGadget

ECGadget

I miss the Singapore sling... it was a very unique corner set...

haitch40 likes this.
  18. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

Magnussen won't be flying to Singapore with the team as he has broken his hand in a falling-off-a-bicycle incident.

19. NOVOCAINE

NOVOCAINE

Didn't these guys learn anything from Mark Webber? :lol:

20. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Mark Webber didn't fall off a bike. He got hit by a car.

21. NOVOCAINE

NOVOCAINE

But he was still on a bike! ;) :lol:

22. [Nor]MclarenF1

[Nor]MclarenF1

Mark Webber gets hit by a car when on a bike, Alonso got a nice road rash on his palm a little while back when he fell off his bike, and now Magnussen breaks his hand falling off a bike. F1 drivers and bicycles just don't go together... :rolleyes:

ukfan758, MUSC4EVER, DK and 2 others like this.
  23. NOVOCAINE

NOVOCAINE

It's a shame but a fractured hand isn't a big deal; they only take around six weeks to heal. There's definitely worse things to break, that's for sure. So in that sense he got off lightly. At least it happened whilst he's taking a season out of racing.

24. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

He's McLaren's reserve driver. The odds of hitting the wall in practice are much higher at Singapore (on previous form the race carries 100% likelihood of SC). Not the most comforting track for a team to lose their spare driver.

25. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

I'm sure they can fly Stoffel out quickly enough if he's needed.

26. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

I'd be surprised, it's a long-haul flight to Singapore and there are only two hours between the last practice and quali. I doubt he'll be needed but still...

27. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

If one of them stuffs up on Friday, it won't be too hard to get him there for Saturday.
    Anyway, McLaren should already have him there. After all, they are still professionals :rolleyes:

28. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

I stand corrected; I'd thought that McLaren had taken no reserve driver to Singapore. While that's strictly true Stoffel is actually there already;

I guess it could be a short F1 drive in Button's car though...

Stoffel: Woo, I'm an F1 driver!

Radio: Box box box, engine problem...

29. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

Can anyone actually understand Jenson on the radio? He always sounds drunk to me.

twitcher likes this.
  30. NW48

NW48

Nope. It always sounds incredibly muffled.

Anyway, Rossi is quicker than Stevens, and Rossi can't fit all that well in the car and his kness occasionally hit the clutch pedal.