2015 Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore GP

TenEightyOne
TenEightyOne
After two of F1's fastest tracks it's back to street racing in the dark.

Onboard with Lewis Hamilton at Singapore, 2014, via Formula1.com.

This years circuit has a change at Turn 13 which should see the drivers carrying more speed and bringing lap times down. Still, this race runs at nearly the full two hours.

2015-Circuit-Map-EN-page-001.jpg

Organisers are currently monitoring a smog cloud that has settled across Singapore. The smog's expected to last into next week. This shouldn't affect the drivers themselves too much but, as we've seen in India in the past, atmospheric conditions that restrict medicopter operation can lead to sessions being postponed.

I think I'll give this one a miss. All anybody is going to care about is Hamilton matching Senna's record, and the hero worship he usually gets is bad enough; this time it will be unbearable.

Red Bull might get in amongst the Mercedes but I think Ferrari, and Vettel in particular, will still be their strongest opposition. Just as they were in Monaco.

I think I'll give this one a miss. All anybody is going to care about is Hamilton matching Senna's record, and the hero worship he usually gets is bad enough; this time it will be unbearable.

In fairness Hamilton points out that he's only able to approach the record due to Senna's untimely death. Still, you're probably right to sit this one out :D

Well....what if Rosberg ends up spoiling the party? That would be fun! Here's to hoping his car doesn't crap out again, just like both last race and last year!

Also, it's fun seeing and hearing the drivers nearly being cooked alive. That alone is worth watching :D.
Actually it's terrible but at the same time inspiring to see them put up with it and persevere

No plans to alter schedules over visibility or air quality, according to the race organisers. BBC. Air quality has now improved to Unhealthy, it was previously rated Very Unhealthy.

Why can't we just move all of green peace and the entirety of the EPA to Asia....

Anyways, I'm still excited for this race somewhat. IIRC, Kimi was good here last time, so hopefully there's some improvement.

Also, it's fun seeing and hearing the drivers nearly being cooked alive. That alone is worth watching :D.
Actually it's terrible but at the same time inspiring to see them put up with it and persevere

This is probably one race that Kevin is thankful he isn't doing this year! :lol:

Mark Webber gets hit by a car when on a bike, Alonso got a nice road rash on his palm a little while back when he fell off his bike, and now Magnussen breaks his hand falling off a bike. F1 drivers and bicycles just don't go together... :rolleyes:
It's a shame but a fractured hand isn't a big deal; they only take around six weeks to heal. There's definitely worse things to break, that's for sure. So in that sense he got off lightly. At least it happened whilst he's taking a season out of racing.

At least it happened whilst he's taking a season out of racing.

He's McLaren's reserve driver. The odds of hitting the wall in practice are much higher at Singapore (on previous form the race carries 100% likelihood of SC). Not the most comforting track for a team to lose their spare driver.

He's McLaren's reserve driver. The odds of hitting the wall in practice are much higher at Singapore (on previous form the race carries 100% likelihood of SC). Not the most comforting track for a team to lose their spare driver.
I'm sure they can fly Stoffel out quickly enough if he's needed.

I'm sure they can fly Stoffel out quickly enough if he's needed.

I'd be surprised, it's a long-haul flight to Singapore and there are only two hours between the last practice and quali. I doubt he'll be needed but still...

I'd be surprised, it's a long-haul flight to Singapore and there are only two hours between the last practice and quali. I doubt he'll be needed but still...
If one of them stuffs up on Friday, it won't be too hard to get him there for Saturday.
Anyway, McLaren should already have him there. After all, they are still professionals :rolleyes:

If one of them stuffs up on Friday, it won't be too hard to get him there for Saturday.
Anyway, McLaren should already have him there. After all, they are still professionals :rolleyes:

I stand corrected; I'd thought that McLaren had taken no reserve driver to Singapore. While that's strictly true Stoffel is actually there already;

McLaren via Sky
McLaren will therefore have no official reserve this weekend, although test driver Stoffel Vandoorne will be present. A team spokesman said: "Stoffel is in Singapore to do media work for Belgian TV, which arrangement was made many weeks ago. McLaren will not have an official reserve driver here in Singapore this weekend, although Stoffel will of course base himself at McLaren and will assist us when and where required."

I guess it could be a short F1 drive in Button's car though...

Stoffel: Woo, I'm an F1 driver!

Radio: Box box box, engine problem...

Can anyone actually understand Jenson on the radio? He always sounds drunk to me.
Nope. It always sounds incredibly muffled.

Anyway, Rossi is quicker than Stevens, and Rossi can't fit all that well in the car and his kness occasionally hit the clutch pedal.

Back