2015 Formula 1 United States Grand Prix

United Kingdom
YorkshireLand
SVTlover
So this is it. This is the race where the 2015 F1 World Driver's Championship could be won. We all know what's at stake here. Some will be cheering Lewis Hamilton on and others will be crying out for someone to stop him. This is a track where has gone well at before, but so has Sebastian Vettel. It is a great track and it should make for an exciting showdown in the Lone Star State.

635151863755691492.jpg

2014 Result:
1st - Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes
2nd - Nico Rosberg - Mercedes
3rd - Daniel Ricciardo - Red Bull

Vettel would need to win with Hamilton finishing 6th or lower to drag the championship on to Mexico City.

So, when's the next MotoGP race? :D

-

Seriously, though, I doubt anyone can stop Lewis at this point. I'm hopeful Vettel can make it interesting, but the most we can hope for is a drawn-out fight for second in the championship.

-

Seriously, though, I doubt anyone can stop Lewis at this point. I'm hopeful Vettel can make it interesting, but the most we can hope for is a drawn-out fight for second in the championship.
Given the points between Rosberg and Vettel, that's a near guarantee unless Mercedes is still fighting reliability.

Hey, Formula E is on Saturday! But I'm amazed at how good MotoGP has been this year.
As opposed to F1 this year, which has been mostly lukewarm with a few flashes of spice.

But anyway. Er...what can I say. Murica. Well done Hamilton. Make everything as even as 2012. Yeah.

Vettel needs to come 2nd or higher for the championship to go onto Mexico.
Huh? Hamilton has 66 points in tow. If Vettel were to bag 25, he would need Hamilton to finish 6th to make the gap an even 75 points with three races to go...wait, there's an unaccounted point. He would need to win with Hamilton finishing 7th. I was wrong, but by a point I believe.

Huh? Hamilton has 66 points in tow. If Vettel were to bag 25, he would need Hamilton to finish 6th to make the gap an even 75 points with three races to go...wait, there's an unaccounted point. He would need to win with Hamilton finishing 7th. I was wrong, but by a point I believe.

Hamilton is on 302 points and Vettel is on 236 = 66 point difference with 100 left to play for.

If Hamilton wins he'll be on 327 and if Vettel comes 2nd he'll be on 254. Leaving a 73 point gap with 75 to play for.

EDIT: If Vettel wins he'd be on 261 points and if Hamilton finished 7th he'd be on 308 points leaving a 47 point gap.

Last edited:
Hamilton is on 302 points and Vettel is on 236 = 66 point difference with 100 left to play for.

If Hamilton wins he'll be on 327 and if Vettel comes 2nd he'll be on 254. Leaving a 73 point gap with 75 to play for.

EDIT: If Vettel wins he'd be on 261 points and if Hamilton finished 7th he'd be on 308 points leaving a 47 point gap.
Ah, my math was just based on backwards thinking. Makes sense.

So, if Rosberg finishes fifth, Hamilton sixth and Vettel seventh, my question is who will be first, second, third and fourth?

Hey sounds crazy but who would have said before singapour that mercedes would be at 1.2 sec behind Ferrari ?

I know there's no chance for it to happen again anyway but still. Never say never :)

Hey sounds crazy but who would have said before singapour that mercedes would be at 1.2 sec behind Ferrari ?

I know there's no chance for it to happen again anyway but still. Never say never :)
And who can forget Hungary?

Flooding before the race is supposedly looking to happen. So that would make this 3 gp in a row with limited running before the race. We'll see if it pans out that way.

Flooding before the race is supposedly looking to happen. So that would make this 3 gp in a row with limited running before the race. We'll see if it pans out that way.

It depends, wet weather normally limits practice running when the race conditions aren't expected to be the same. In this case I understand that they are expected to be the same... so the teams get some benefit out of the risk.

Anyone know if COTA has good drainage? Being so new, it would surprise me if it was bad...but at the same time, due to the climate there, I could see drainage being an area where some budgeting might have taken place.

Rain is one thing, but flooding? Are you talking like, Las Vegas style flash flooding? Or torrential rain for several days?

Edit: I just remembered that some of the PWC races at COTA back in the spring were in the rain, I don't remember there being major issues with rivers or standing water.

So, if Rosberg finishes fifth, Hamilton sixth and Vettel seventh, my question is who will be first, second, third and fourth?

A couple of Williams, the odd Ferrari without a 10 place knock on the head, maybe a Force India or the odd Lotus. Anymore sarcastic posts?

There was some entertaining moments in that conference :lol:

Kimi looks like he's carrying some extra luggage under his eyes. Probably the jet lag though.

Well, there goes the race :lol:

Although, if you just tune out the Mercs, and treat 3rd as 1st, it should be pretty exciting, what with both the Ferraris charging through the pack :lol:
The last time I checked the weather forecast it said that there was a good chance of rain in each hour of the weekend, a Merc 1-2 is far from certain if the conditions are changing all the time, might be worth betting on Button.

Latest Posts

Back