2015 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,710 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least LMP1-L has some competition now.

Class doesn't exist :P technically

Well, it doesn't indeed, but at least it offers an interesting battle if you can't bring yourself to support any of the billion dollar factory teams in LMP1-HY.

Let's just hope that Campos can last longer than other Spanish LMP1 efforts like, say, Epsilon Euskadi. They have potential, but they will need proper testing and funds to make that potential tanglible...

Gorgeous looking car that, whatever happened to that? Gave me Allard Group C vibes all over. Guess it was a victim of the financial crisis?

Well, the crisis did play an important role in the ee1's death, but there's also the fact that both Joan Villadelprat and Mark Phillip Payne (Eupsilon Euskadi's founders) were apparently both taken to court on the accounts of corruption and negligent management of public funding.

It's a shame, but once your money pit schemes are uncovered, not much can be done to recover from that...

Colin Kolles didn't get that memo.

Well, the justice system will get to him one day, regardless of whatever justice system it may be. For now, we can afford to laugh at the expense of his team's underwhelming performances with barely any semblance of progress.

Well, the justice system will get to him one day, regardless of whatever justice system it may be. For now, we can afford to laugh at the expense of his team's underwhelming performances with barely any semblance of progress.

Well, they legit beat Rebellions on occasion this year. Dare I say it, that car will be consistent best of the rest if it is reliable in 2016. Decent driver line up, best engine in the LMP1 field (one of fastest in Fuji speed traps in 2014, and Rebellions with the AER top speed charts regularly) and a half decent car. Just need to make sure it doesn't damn well break.

Well, they legit beat Rebellions on occasion this year. Dare I say it, that car will be consistent best of the rest if it is reliable in 2016. Decent driver line up, best engine in the LMP1 field (one of fastest in Fuji speed traps in 2014, and Rebellions with the AER top speed charts regularly) and a half decent car. Just need to make sure it doesn't damn well break.

All valid points, there are good ingredients for Kolles to turn the CLM into a true winner within its class. And as you said, all it needs to keep the car as a cohesive product is some proper reliability. In endurance races, slow can mean victorious... if it manages to finish the race, that is.

Vitaly Petrov to drive for SMP in the WEC this year,

(sourced from AutoSport.com, cant post a link due to not quite understanding the new phone just yet :/)

Russian driver completing an all Russian lineup on a Russian team? Sweet, bro.

#Brototype

Ehhhh. definitely a "wait & see" on this one, that name doesn't give me confidence.

Well, the crisis did play an important role in the ee1's death, but there's also the fact that both Joan Villadelprat and Mark Phillip Payne (Eupsilon Euskadi's founders) were apparently both taken to court on the accounts of corruption and negligent management of public funding.

It's a shame, but once your money pit schemes are uncovered, not much can be done to recover from that...

So it was yet another car run by crooks :indiff:

So what you're saying is, they could actually go from just a crook run team to a Scott Tucker-type team?

Not celebrating more of a told you so, if they came in with a more respectful approach rather than yeah we are gonna win in 2 years watch this then maybe others would be more respectful to them.

It's a 2 way street.
Porsche came in with the same attitude, but I guess it can be brushed off considering they managed to actually stick to their promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back