2015 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour - Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 512 comments
Well done Nissan but I wish the camera was focussed on the cars battling for 2nd, 3rd and 4th behind him, they were having an awesome battle and it all came down to the final corner that we missed to see the Nissan gliding solo over the finish line. I understand it's an important image to get but surely the guy on Murray's corner should have focused on the battle and left the next camera to get the solo Nissan.

Got off work early here at the mine camp to watch the last 6 hours of it. Great race except for all the safety cars, that got old.

Given their choice of Cat Stevens when unveiling the GT-R LM, I imagine it will be cut to something entirely inappropriate for its purpose.

And how exactly is a Superbowl ad shaping how Nissan will advertise this?

Today shows they aren't missed ;)
For sure, it was great racing even without the local big names, but they could've taken the place some less experienced drivers had instead, potentially making the battle for the overall win even more exciting. We also would've had an extra GT-R fielded by Nissan Australia and Triple 8 was also supposed to field a car. There's also no doubt names like Lowndes, Van Gisbergen, etc. add to the exposure of the race (locally).

My first point is debatable, but it's a real shame that we missed out on a couple more cars from real professional teams competing for outright honours and I was really looking forward to seeing what Van Gisbergen could do in that McLaren after his brilliant drive in last year's race.

Alright, hitting the sack. Great race followed by a super lame podium celebration. :P You would think with as much exposure they put out for these endurance races, and the effort involved to finish them let alone win, that the podium celebrations would be a little more up beat.

Not about idiots who think that the R34 (or anything from the Skyline family, really) is the height of automotive finesse.
I think that's a matter of opinion, which obviously you don't agree with. Just like everything else that anyone ever posts and you respond to. I swear every post I see from you is nothing but negativity, always responding to someone's post to tell them how things shouldn't be.

im still in awe of Chiyo's finish. I swear I knew he could do it when I saw him get even with the Audi once get got past traffic before the caution that could have ended it all I even tweeted Darren Cox and called it and sure enough he blew past them on the final restart all he needed was a green flag

GTR NISMO is amazing

fdgggsds_zps05e272af.png

Guys i can not rewatch the video. I watched 3 hours yesterday then went to sleep. Now it says "Video could not load or timed out". What can I do?
Thanks

Just seen the finish.. That GTR is a monster, needs a BoP update for sure - can't just drive past other cars like that, especially not the big Bentley!

I love this race, but too many yellows this year, couldn't really ever get into the race, too stop-start all the time sadly.

Just seen the finish.. That GTR is a monster, needs a BoP update for sure - can't just drive past other cars like that, especially not the big Bentley!

I love this race, but too many yellows this year, couldn't really ever get into the race, too stop-start all the time sadly.
Ther using the 2014 FIA BoP!

GT-R had much newer tyres then the rest of the cars.

GT-R had much newer tyres then the rest of the cars.
Tires don't make you faster in a straight line and it wasn't his exit out of turn 1 that gave him that much extra speed up mountain straight..
Not taking anything away from them at all, it was a well deserved win, but yes the BoP it seems does need to be adjusted, it just has so much pace in a straight line.

It was the fastest car on the straight yes, but the Audi was the fastest over a lap. Additionally it passed the Bentley because one, it had newer tyres and two, defensive lines by the Bentley mean poor exit speed, so the Nissan getting passed like that does not need BOPing at all.

Tires don't make you faster in a straight line and it wasn't his exit out of turn 1 that gave him that much extra speed up mountain straight..
Not taking anything away from them at all, it was a well deserved win, but yes the BoP it seems does need to be adjusted, it just has so much pace in a straight line.
The GT-R is normally the slowest on the corners though, with the new tyres this was negated so its just had the straight-line advantage.

If you saw earlier when it was battling an SLS on similar tyres you will see it's very equal.

I watched around 6 hours of the race. The SLS is another car that when it was introduced it was just monstering everything down the straights so it didn't surprise me they were fairly even.

Anyway, like I say, not taking anything away from them they drove an excellent race, I just think the straight line speed parity is a bit off, regardless of how well it goes around corners. Awesome race car though, oh how I would love to have any one of those GT3 machines and my local track for a few hours.

Back