2015 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour - Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 512 comments
It was the fastest car on the straight yes, but the Audi was the fastest over a lap. Additionally it passed the Bentley because one, it had newer tyres and two, defensive lines by the Bentley mean poor exit speed, so the Nissan getting passed like that does not need BOPing at all.
The exit speed difference can't cause it to go from a car length back to simply driving straight past and making up 2 car lengths before the next corner. The Bentley actually got a better exit, he made up an extra few feet over the Nissan, yet the Nissan still breezed through.

hsv
The exit speed difference can't cause it to go from a car length back to simply driving straight past and making up 2 car lengths before the next corner. The Bentley actually got a better exit, he made up an extra few feet over the Nissan, yet the Nissan still breezed through.
I questioned Darren Cox on Twitter about it and got told they deliberately ran a top speed setup. That plus new tyres would make quite a big difference.

It's still way too much imo though (can't just breeze past cars like that, it's bs).

hsv
It should come up with the "broadcast over" message.
This is what I get when I want to replay the first part of the race:
1423392272-no.jpg

I questioned Darren Cox on Twitter about it and got told they deliberately ran a top speed setup. That plus new tyres would make quite a big difference.

It's still way too much imo though (can't just breeze past cars like that, it's bs).
I saw, and even if they did go for such a low downforce setup, it was way too quick over the mountain throughout the whole race then.

hsv
I saw, and even if they did go for such a low downforce setup, it was way too quick over the mountain throughout the whole race then.
Yeah agree, seemed rapid over the mountain too, couldn't be bothered to have a full argument with him about it though :lol:

hsv

Because the Nissan was set up for straight line speed mate.

Still doesn't make sense as it wasn't the fastest over the single lap, just that having a high top speed does aid Overtaking as it's much easier to overtake on straights then corners.

If it's faster then all on the straight then it has to lose it's time on the Corners or braking to be slower overall.

the Nissan did qualify 1st by 10 seconds and it was the fastest over the mountain. That start bit where the Audi was pulling away on the mountain never happend because clearly the FIA forgot that the cars where in the same class!

The Nissan was defiantly on low downforce as it was LOSING time on the mountain compaird to the other cars like the Audi! how come people have never accused the Nissan of being overpowered in other event which use the same regulations?

Still doesn't make sense as it wasn't the fastest over the single lap, just that having a high top speed does aid Overtaking as it's much easier to overtake on straights then corners.

If it's faster then all on the straight then it has to lose it's time on the Corners or braking to be slower overall.
the Nissan did qualify 1st by 10 seconds and it was the fastest over the mountain. That start bit where the Audi was pulling away on the mountain never happend because clearly the FIA forgot that the cars where in the same class!

The Nissan was defiantly on low downforce as it was LOSING time on the mountain compaird to the other cars like the Audi! how come people have never accused the Nissan of being overpowered in other event which use the same regulations?

Darren Cox on Midweek Motorsport on facebook also pointed out they took new tyres... other cars were on old tyres at race end...

Darren Cox on Midweek Motorsport on facebook also pointed out they took new tyres... other cars were on old tyres at race end...
Yeah I know that's why it had the advantage at the end. The Audi was probably close to the same speed at the time but it lost alot of top speed during the race due to a heat issue so it couldn't pass the bentley.

Sounds like a great race, had to go bed so missed the final few hours, bit sad to hear about what happened to Bell in the Bntley at the end but 4th place is a great platform to build on for next year and success this year.

The most impressive thing about the "gamers" win was the way they won. Compared to the Bentley teams who were black flagged 6? times, ran 3 cars off the track with idiotic passes, spun out on cold tires,and came within about 3 ft of smashing into the wall at the top of the mountain under a safety car, the Nismo boys looked like the real pro's.:cheers:

Just saw the rest of the race, after I had to go to sleep with ~4 hours to go.
What a finish, what a race! Chyio is an amazing driver, just as Reip and Strauss.
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

Yeah agree, seemed rapid over the mountain too, couldn't be bothered to have a full argument with him about it though :lol:
Having watched the whole race, when they were doing onboard shots with the GT-R, it would be right behind cars after Mountain straight, and then across the mountain would lose a huge amount of time. The car was fast in a straight line, but it lacked across the mountain to just about every other car. I assumed a low downforce setup, and it seems Darren confirmed that.

Besides, does this car dominate in everything it does? No. But because it's straight line speed in this one race made it stick out like a sore thumb, it needs to be slowed down? Don't think so. It's not like they dominated the whole race. They only led when others pitted, and then a fresh tire advantage at the end helped them take the win.

I say we congratulate them, and just leave it be. This conversation shouldn't even be coming up.

I love how people are jumping to conclusions for a BOP over the finish as opposed to the performance over the whole race. The last few laps were the right circumstance of fresher tires, top speed setup and a driver who just timed everything right while his rivals significantly depleted (and through battling each other, slowed themselves down).

I still think this was the best moment of the whole live stream. :lol:

I find their lack of RGB balance disturbing.

Since I was mostly keeping isolated to the stream, except for when it had issues, or it was the end of the race, I never got to mention that the Vodka O SLS had previously been a Petronas Syntium team car...

The most impressive thing about the "gamers" win was the way they won. Compared to the Bentley teams who were black flagged 6? times, ran 3 cars off the track with idiotic passes, spun out on cold tires,and came within about 3 ft of smashing into the wall at the top of the mountain under a safety car, the Nismo boys looked like the real pro's.:cheers:

Because they knew if they bumped a car or hit a wall, they'd lose power for 3-5 seconds. :sly:

Low downforce with that front bumper and rear wing :lol:

Nissan had an extra 2mm restrictor and near 7psi more boost if it was running to spec which if anyone watch blancpain last year will know the bentley's which horrendously stupidly fast in a straight line.
8FA18360-757D-4851-A83F-7493033A926A_zps9yjcdjys.png

D4E14BBB-C39D-4EE4-9E27-6B4794DCEE38_zpsjwvydp8k.png

0358A5C1-9C58-4950-A618-668137668A1C.png_zps0rqdewwh.jpeg

Theres a reason no one is buying customer GTR GT3's maybe this was to help them sell a few.

Customers are going to buy the cars that are winning races, so hopefully it does. Porsche has it worse though, which is why no one uses them in GT3 anymore. Was surprised to see one in the race yesterday.

Back