2015 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour - Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 512 comments
Customers are going to buy the cars that are winning races, so hopefully it does. Porsche has it worse though, which is why no one uses them in GT3 anymore. Was surprised to see one in the race yesterday.
Also the kelly brothers weren't friving so I suppose that helped too

My wife and I decide to take in the last 2 1/2 hours of it... BOTH of us were on the edge of our seats... That made for one hell of a night in with the family... My 9yr old daughter, kept poppin' in, to see who was ahead... I'll defiantly have to start watchin' more of this...

My wife and I decide to take in the last 2 1/2 hours of it... BOTH of us were on the edge of our seats... That made for one hell of a night in with the family... My 9yr old daughter, kept poppin' in, to see who was ahead... I'll defiantly have to start watchin' more of this...
You'll need to keep the last weekend in July free then ;)

Customers are going to buy the cars that are winning races, so hopefully it does. Porsche has it worse though, which is why no one uses them in GT3 anymore. Was surprised to see one in the race yesterday.
I think I heard during the broadcast they are getting a new car next year?

Pushed wide on the final corner, but considering what he went through today, that was one hell of a performance by him.

Yeah definitely, to go from being physically sick and being taken to the medical centre to going within 2 laps of winning the race. A performance I'm certainly not going to forget in a hurry.

Such an outstanding race all round. Is it next year yet?

Safety car of the year :mischievous:
That's actually really funny because Last years Bathurst was like every 2mins was a crash with hardly any safety cars but this year a car barely goes over the track line SAFETY CAR ALERT! SAFETY CAR ALERT!

Jav
WTH is wrong with those Bentleys!!!? How many cars did they punt off track during the race?
The main issue is that the Bentley is RHD, the Audi and the SLS are LHD, so both drivers didn't have the best awareness of how close they were to each other.

Darren Cox on Midweek Motorsport on facebook also pointed out they took new tyres... other cars were on old tyres at race end...
If I'm not mistaken, Mucke was also on fresh(ish) rubber.

But that only reinforces the point, as Mucke went from last (on the lead lap) to the battle for 2nd in no time at all, passing numerous cars along the way. As tires weren't an issue earlier in the race, I was surprised by the significant advantage that the new tires created for the Nissan and Aston.
if anyone watch blancpain last year will know the bentley's which horrendously stupidly fast in a straight line.
Not true. The Bentleys were distinctly average in straight line speed last year. They were not as slow as the Audis and BMWs, but nowhere near as quick as the Nissan and Ferrari. Re-watch the Paul Ricard race if your memory is hazy.

Not true. The Bentleys were distinctly average in straight line speed last year. They were not as slow as the Audis and BMWs, but nowhere near as quick as the Nissan and Ferrari. Re-watch the Paul Ricard race if your memory is hazy.

B218CE8A-8CF2-458F-B7B5-03B7E706002B_zpshkq2dgm1.jpg

Did you watch those Blancpain highlights yourself? The Bentley's strengths are clearly under braking and traction coming out of corners. Their top end is similar to the McLaren, Merc and Aston, ie average, not "horrendously stupidly fast".

Don't bring the Pirelli World Challenge into it either.. they use different rules even though they have GT3 cars in the field.

Porsche didn't provide a proper upgrade for years, they deserve nothing else.
The FIA always used the 911 as benchmark, although it's concept is basically unique nowadays and the current GT3 version obsolete. They only really matter on the Ring and the ADAC GT Masters, where everyone else gets nerfed, so the 911s stay competitive.

EDIT: And regarding the Nissan dominating: The Audis where the quickest cars over the whole weekend, with a slight margin actually. No car there was too quick, they all have strengths and weaknesses, which made it so interesting.

Looks like Bell just screwed the pooch all on his own. Had heat from behind him and to his right and got on the throttle a little too much.

Yeah maybe a bump to get him loose, but I think the secondary contact was accidental and a byproduct of the nose of the Bentley coming around from the first contact.

Dont forget Mucke wrecked the other Bentley and sent Brabham to the hospital. He is a very level headed driver.:boggled:

Some of his previous glory

That was Mucke being Mucke... too aggressive on the way in, then took the kerb and the second contact happened. Amazed the Audi didn't get tagged in that

Here's an onboard of the #42's collision with the Kangaroo that took them out. It's a violent hit, lucky that the driver was unharmed.

Back